Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This has been done to death

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh - saw people posted while I was typing. Congrats on your 90 pound loss!! That's awesome :-)

While I agree with you 100% about your OP, I'm not sure I agree about everyone that complains is out looking for attention or sympathy. The people the complain ALL the time are - I usually just move past those posts. I commented one time about complainers and had my head bitten off. Actually it was a huge rant because it ticked me off.

While most of the time I'm a pretty positive person, I'm a guilty complainer this week. I've hit a plateau and it's been driving me nuts for over a month. I posted looking for advice. Being a "newbie" I'm looking for new ideas. I'm training for a 5K, been following the rules, think I'm close to my sweet spot and have gained for two weeks...there my complaint is out in the open :-)...

But, like you said, you are doing something. That is the most important aspect. If someone posts they have plateau'ed and just don't know why even though they are still exercising and watching what they eat, then I can "listen". When they tell everyone they are eating all they want and don't do any exercise, those are the ones I've lost all patience for.

And, Jaime, just tell anyone who tells you you are losing too fast that it is better than gaining too fast.:thumbup:

oh ceradad - he'd love to buy ya a beer; he's as EASY going as they come... which is why he chuckled when i dragged my laptop into his office last night to read that pissy PM.

i'm over it - got my little run in today & hope that individual who sent their pleasantries is enjoying some ice cream:eek:

leslie - check out the monthly exercise forums as well as the c5k. i DID the c5k - cause i needed to jumpstart the weightloss journey; but running is not my thing because i get bored. everyone does a little something and it might intrigue you - also, changing up the routine which i'm a fan of is a good shock to the body & helps the scale move.

congrates jaime on your weightloss!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks Luluc. I'll do that - I'm already working on changing my food and exercise routine. I think I'm in a slump. Oh - about your PM. Obvious jealously...let them stay green.

I got one of those PM's. Someone accused me of not eating anything and only doing liquids because I couldn't have lost as much as I have. GRRRRR

And then a few days ago in a thread about NOT exercising I took another hit.

Jaime, way to go on the loss!!

I'm already working on changing my food and exercise routine. I think I'm in a slump.

Yay girlie. Don't give up you've done so well. I wish you luck and hopefully you get some ideas from the exercise threads. I post in the August Challenge one daily. It gives me ideas. :thumbup:

well babe, you know you'll get nothing but support on this one from me.

to be honest - i really rarely venture outside the food/nutrition & exercise threads, cause i don't believe those who are complaining REALLY want advise. just my opinion.

i too am a crazy exercise person - and "try" to get something in each day & it's frustrating (for about 2 seconds) when i get a PM like yesterday saying i'm not a real person & my weight loss is fake. well, my feelings got hurt for a bit, thought of replying - but decided that that person could never handle a session with me and my trainer. and if they wanted to come to dallas, i'd be happy to oblige.

exercise DOES impact how much weight you lose, i like food too much to not strike that balance.

Sorry you had that happen to you. When I was in the weight loss phase I had the same thing happen to me a few times. You just have to realize that the people that write those things are the very same people too lazy to get off their dead arses and exercise a bit. You know, food issues are not completely within our control, refusing to exercise - that's just lazy. Surgery doesn't fix lazy.

I just remember that *I* am the one at goal, THEY are the folks slamming those that have it in them to get it done.

You know, it will happen after goal too. There is a person that posts in this section, likely reading this post. She is the one that told me I didn't have a right to (self pay) a revision surgery because I was at goal. She told me that I should have my band removed, gain weight, THEN revise to a sleeve. I had just explained that I was eating frosting and ice cream to maintain my weight and she told me I was anorexic with body image issues. I guess because I didn't want to balloon up to her size before switching procedures.

I've already lost weight, I have already done what is necessary. I'm not doing it again so she can feel better about herself and I think that is what it comes down to. People see you and realize it can be done but it takes work and they don't want to do the work, they think they paid a lot of money for surgery and the surgery should do it all for them.

Life doesn't work that way.

I got one of those PM's. Someone accused me of not eating anything and only doing liquids because I couldn't have lost as much as I have. GRRRRR

And then a few days ago in a thread about NOT exercising I took another hit.

Jaime, way to go on the loss!!

Ohhhh, I know what thread you are talking about.

Some people don't want help, they want validation that it's not their fault they are fat and too lazy to exercise. They want someone to agree with them that they can't exercise and move their bum. That validation happened in that thread but not by anyone losing well or at goal. ;o)

I guess I'm lucky b/c (besides family) I don't get comments on my weight. I do know, however, that I have the rep of not putting up with shit and I hope that continues! O'course I also bust on myself before others have the chance to.

My advice is to tell anyone that comments either way about being too big, too small, losing too much weight is that "you can worry about your body as I will worry about mine." Say it with a good passive-aggressive smile and you'll be all good!!! Plus, it's flat out no one else's business what anyone else weighs, tyvm.

PS - How the HELL does anyone know if anyone's picture or weight loss is real? That is the dumbest thing I've heard on here. Der.

I've had people...even on here. Tell me I don't look like I weigh 419 lbs (when I did) and that I shouldn't be having surgery cause I looked like I was in the 200's and that I just needed to exercise.

Some people are just idiots. I also had some people tell me to GAIN while on my 6 month diet for insurance...and that since I am losing on it...that I can control what I eat and don't need surgery.

Thanks everybody for the congrats! I'm pretty proud of myself. :thumbup:

You're welcome hun!! Keep it up!

Oh, Lulu, some people just cant face reality.

I think rather than get upset with them, we should all chip in and buy them Lane Bryant vouches for Christmas. They're gonna need them.

Good for you Ceredad. You wont get any arguments from me.

Course, we're all crazy and obsessed and have forgotten what it was like to be fat.

Oh, Lulu, some people just cant face reality.

I think rather than get upset with them, we should all chip in and buy them Lane Bryant vouches for Christmas. They're gonna need them.

Good for you Ceredad. You wont get any arguments from me.

Course, we're all crazy and obsessed and have forgotten what it was like to be fat.

LMAO, I love it!

"Crazy, obsessed, and have forgotten what it's like to be fat"

It should be my new sig line.

Sorry you are having to deal with that Lulu. Some people just suck.

You know, it will happen after goal too. There is a person that posts in this section, likely reading this post. She is the one that told me I didn't have a right to (self pay) a revision surgery because I was at goal. She told me that I should have my band removed, gain weight, THEN revise to a sleeve.

**checking to make sure we're in R&R**

that is one of THE MOST F'D up things i've ever heard!!!