Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

nooch ,

I sent u a message u will be excited to hear about , humana dell has changed their requirements as of august 1, 2008 u only have to be 100 lbs overweight to have the procedure and u dont have to go through the whole 6 months thing right now. I am on my way to the doc to complete the rest of my things to schedule my surgery contact me if u need more info.

Oh man...that rocks for you! So you'll be able to get surgery pretty quick then huh? Sucks for me as I'm done w/ all my requirements. Too bad they didn't change that rule back in FEB when I started all this. I always miss out on the good changes! haha :wink2:

Congrats thou...maybe you'll have surgery pretty close to mine! YAY

I was interested in this three since I am also Dell Humana. My BMI is 40.4 so I think I may be approved quickly. I am with Dr. Marquez at SW Bariatrics. How were your surgeries? How are you feeling? How many pds. lost?

It is great to see others doing what you are planning to do!

Hey Stacyiam, being honest with u it took about a week for me to be approved however I did change doc i was going to see a doc at SW also till I did some research and found a new doc and now I am going to have it done on Oct 8th by Dr. Ganta he is more experienced and is very educated in this field , he also has several ways of doing the procedure he can do the 5 incisions, he can do it with 2 incisions and 1 incision and using the belly button depending on how tall u are , I am short so that is what we are shooting for the 1 incision and the belly button.

Please do ur research , I work for a doc and well he recommened I go to see Dr Ganta, I did and now well it threw everything out of wacK I had to start the authroization process all over but it will be well worth it .

good luck to u, how far into this are u with that doc?? I know Dr Ganta takes Humana Dell

keep in touch

Thanks for your insight. I am comfortable with Dr. Marquez as I have had 2 surgeries with her before. I had a breast lumpectomy about a year ago (I was so scared from my bad mammogram) and I love her bedside manner. I also really like seeing a female doctor. Dr. Marquez is suggesting the Realize band but she spent time on gbp and banding as options.

Good luck to you and keep me posted on your progress!!!

that is good u have had her before, so are u going to get the by pass or the lap band?? if so when are u scheduled?? have u finished all ur requirements??

well keep me posted and good luck,.

I am really interested in the band, not sure of which one yet though, I have 3 kids and a 2 week recovery really isn't an option. Also the risks of internal bleeding and sepsis are higher with the GBP. The band being reversible is also appealing for me.

I have done the seminar, had my initial consult, I have my initial psych scheduled for next week, I got a "bye" on the exercise since I walk about 12 miles per week with a training program. Blood and EKG are right before surgery so I am just rockin' along...:confused:

yes the band sounds nicer, in my case I didnt dare do the GBP my sis had it back in 2004-2005 somewhere around there and she lost weigh so fast and wasnt eating she went from 235-240? to 78 lbs in one year, yes that is right she was wearing childrens clothes at 78 lbs she was vomiting everything up had bad reflux and her surgeon in Houston didnt seem to think it was a problem , she was so week it took 3 months to get her levels in her system up again inorder to operate on her to have it reversed , yes reversed it isnt heard of but the doc I work for did me and my family a great favor and that was saving her , he had one of his doc friends reverse it , it was along surgery to redo it one which isnt recommened either but it was done and thanks to them she is here today !!!!!!!! i thank god everyday for my doc(employer) and the surgeon that risked it all to fix her.

so that isnt an option for me plus I weigh 216 right now and the band is better for me do u have a regular email I can send u a email I received news this am about my doc that is going to do my band having pioneered the one incision procedure right here in austin .

do u live in austin??

do u work for Dell?? my husband does, I did for 5 years and during one lay off i took the package and left . best move I ever made.

Keep in touch

here is the link to the news press release on my surgeon

hope u can see it;

http://fe13.news.re3.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20080923/bs_prweb/prweb1377284

That is really interesting -- he seems to be a pioneer in the field. I am still sticking with Marquez -- because I like her! I feel very comfortable conveying my concerns and questions to her. Also, I have NEVER EVER worn a bikini so I don't suppose the scars will matter much to me :-) I hated to hear about your sis -- it reminds me that there are downsides to everything. I do hope her health has stabilized.