Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone NOT exercising???

I gotta remember that 'spat the dummy' and use it on one of my kids some time!!

So what does chuck a wobbly or crack the sads mean?

A wobbly is much the same as a dummy spit, but not quite as dramatic and cracking the sads is when one sulks.

what a shame this thread turned so nasty. There's a lot of good advice in here, but I have a feeling none of it will be taken on board.

I have to thank you guys for giving me a good laugh while reading this thread!

Oh my. I think I hurt myself laughing over the "spectacular dummy spit". Excellent advice on this thread. Keep giving it.

Its really quite the most spectacular dummy spit I've seen here in a while.

Since we're attacking ideas, not people, I find the idea of someone claiming to have the life experience of a 50 year old whilst actually behaving like a 5 year old quite intriguing. As I do the idea of someone throwing a tanty because people DARE to assume they can understand anything about her circumstances whilst at the same time she presumes to know what it is like for someone else to be pregnant or what it is like to be fifty years old.

Jachut, just for your information...I never responded to your original question of have you been pregnant before because I feel it's truly none of your business. But because you've been pressing so hard on this issue...here's the answer to your question. Yes, I have been pregnant...and I also lost my child to a miscarriage a few months later.

You don't know me from a whole in the wall. You know nothing about my life or what I've been through OR my experiences. I would suggest that you think before you type and start making judgements on people and their lives.

I'm absolutely done with this thread. And honestly, there's one GOOD thing that came out of all of this. I've promised myself that when I lose the weight and get to my goal, that I will NOT be like you...a reformed fatty with nothing but insults and judgements on people!!! I'm sure you were slammed by people your whole life (or however long) for being fat just like everyone else...so it's people like you that atleast shouldn't treat others the same way after losing your weight!!!

Call me a 5 yr old...say I threw a tantrum. That's all fine. But atleast I know that I have class and dignity and I will NOT belittle others when I lose weight like you have. So many people have pmed me and emailed me about your nasty comments asking me just to ignore them because you're such a sad person. And even giving you this much...you truly don't deserve. People who know me, know me. And you've obviously shown your true colors as well.

I'm moving on from this a stronger person and even more determined. And from now on, nothing can stop me or bring me down!! I've dealt with people like you all my life and I've decided that your kind is not worth my time or energy!!!

Good luck to all the June bandsters out there...I hope we can keep our forum a positive one from here on out!!

Oh boy, drop the bomb and then nick off with the last word?

OK, you can have it. You can assume that nothing so awful has ever happened to me if it makes you feel justified. And of course, you know for a fact that nobody else posting here has ever been through anything like what you've had to endure.

Goodbye cruel world!

After 6 weeks of no swimming (due to op and port op) I was given the go ahead to swim. I had planned to use my daily 1 hour walk as a warmer before my 1 hour swim... great plan!... I swam that first day and enjoyed every minute of it..

... the next day I slipped and tore a ligamennt in my ankle.. I won't be swimming or walking for sometime... so the answer to the question is.. NO I AM NOT EXERCISING.. and not happy about it.... ( I have been lying on my bed doing leg raises with my good leg though and putting my arms out straight circling them though... if that counts??)

Well, Mekadig, now it is my turn to be offended. I don't like your comment about being 26 and your life experience being like a 50 yr olds. I may be 50 but I am not an invalid yet. I on the otherhand am exercising daily and trying to remain active and I felt that you are saying because you aren't exercising you are like a 50 yr old. How about showing some of that compassion to which you are referring to? But I will try and do what you say you do and take your comment with a grain of salt as well. Good luck to you in finding what works for you.

With all due respect I think the original poster was saying that in her 26 years she has lived through as many if not more experiences as that of 'many' 50 year olds. I don't think she was referring to anyone being an invalid or unhealthy... I didn't read it as offensive. My Mum is nearing 60 and one of the healthiest people I know...

I think it is time to stop the negativity and get back to 'supporting' people...Firm but fair but not firm and harsh. I am sure that the majority of the people on this site have been victim to the firm and harsh comments of loved ones and strangers... it is here on this site that we can come together and share those experiences... through support, rather than attack. Maybe those who have a wealth of knowledge and experience with the band remember how tough it was in the first stages of being banded.. all the questions..all the trials and errors and finding what works and what doesn't..adjusting to a whole new life... it is hard for everyone and I am sure just as hard for those who have been banded a while ., which is why I am sure they still visit this site. I could do with some positive postings to read through instead of these terrible 'she said, you said' school girl bickerings.. Obesity/exercise and eating is an issue that is very raw with everyone (stating the obvious) and the smallest of comments will set the nerves on fire...

I for one, love to see how incredible this band works. The lady in the bikini is aw inspiring!!!.. One day I hope to post mine... the people who are just starting an exercise routine.. give out your secrets! I have heard the hardest part is putting your sneakers on!... (I can't exercise right now I have a torn ligament.. but I am trying to do arm raises and leg raises with my good leg).. I also suffer from undiagnosed sleep apnea.. (it is the only reason I can come up with for falling into a coma like sleep during the day!!.. once I am awake from that ..THEN I put the sneakers on and pop on my ipod and go out for a walk..some days it is 20 mins others it can be an hour and a half.. depending on how tired I am )...

For those who have found a great exercise routine.. please share it with us. I would love to see a weekly diary of exercise that I can be inspired by... I am a bit confused as to what I should be doing... I was swimming and walking but when I lose some more weight I would like to cycle.

anyway, I have rambled enough on here.. I am grateful to everyone who posts, be it positive or negative.. it is just a reminder of how hard a struggle this band really is..and how 'we' as a group are battling to do our best everyday... we have enough comments from the 'outside non banded' world than to have them within our world too!...

sorry if I went off on one.. I am still happy to be banded and read the posts as often as I can.

thanks

Kizzie, excellent post! I agree, it is time for all the negativity to stop and positive support to continue.

With all due respect I think the original poster was saying that in her 26 years she has lived through as many if not more experiences as that of 'many' 50 year olds.

And some 10 year olds have been through more than some 50 year olds. It doesn't mean that they have the maturity or wisdom of the 50 year old.

All I have to add is that you can learn to speak like us Aussies here

Australian Slang Dictionary with unique Aussie phrases and Australian Slang words.

There'll be a pop quiz in a weeks time lol.

That's pretty amusing. We share a lot of slang terms, although some of them have me scratching my head. Dead horse = Tomato sauce, really? There must be a story behind that one.

Hi all...I was just curious to know if everyone is really exercising. I have severe sleep apnea (which is one of the major reasons I got this surgery to begin with) and I'm sooooo sleepy and groggy all the time. It's hard to find the energy to do anything at all after work...much less exercise. I barely stay awake at work and while driving...so getting out there and exercising seems soooo unattainable to me right now.

Are there ppl out there that had the band and didn't exercise and still lost weight? I'm curious to know...

I really do want to exercise but with the lack of energy it's so hard...and even harder to get motivated. Any encouraging words would help! I've lost about 20 lbs since June 5th surgery and I've been teetering between a couple of lbs for the last 3 weeks now. I'm just frustrated and afraid I'm gonna fail the band. Had my first fill on July 17th and lost 6 lbs in 4 days and then completely stopped losing.

Thanks for listening....

Deja vu!!!!

I'm sorry I missed this thread but just read the six pages that it took to make a "few" people feel good about themselves by insulting you. Trust me I've gotten that "support" a few times myself here and know how it feels. Fortunately, they only represent a few here so please don't judge LBT by them. Normally you'd think they'd stick to the Rants and Raves section but I'm sure at times it gets a bit too boring and why you were probably pounced upon.

Anywho, I understand your sleep apnea issues as I have it myself. Even with a CPAP machine, depending on the type, you can be awaken and not get the good quality sleep that your body really needs. You might want to discuss more with either your pulmonologist or your respiratory therapist. I know there is a forum called CPAPTALK.COM that I used to go to when I first got my machine and had lots of questions and "they're" very nice and supportive there. Are you using the machine faithfully or having a problem using it? I know a lot of people dislike certain types of masks but I swear once I got mine I was happy to sleep again it was wonderful and has been. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to set yourself up for the abuse again, I completely understand.

Also people who lack a good quality sleep tend to eat more, take in calories to fend off their lack of energy or something. I don't remember exactly why but it's been documented. The exhaustion you feel is something I felt prior to getting my CPAP machine and I still have a few sleep issues but it's greatly been improved. So don't give up. Also make sure your Iron levels are good because anemia can also cause total exhaustion. Take care Nancy.:mad2:

BrandyII / Nanook, no one made themselves feel good by putting anyone down. That's not what happened here. What happened here was she asked for advice, got it, and didn't like what was said. Much like what happened in your train wreck.

If you honestly don't like what people have to say here, perhaps you should make use of that handy "ignore" function.

Because if these people you are talking about are makng you so unhappy, and clearly bitter, it would be best if you did ignore them. For your own sake.

BrandyII / Nanook, no one made themselves feel good by putting anyone down. That's not what happened here. What happened here was she asked for advice, got it, and didn't like what was said. Much like what happened in your train wreck.

If you honestly don't like what people have to say here, perhaps you should make use of that handy "ignore" function.

Because if these people you are talking about are makng you so unhappy, and clearly bitter, it would be best if you did ignore them. For your own sake.

I don't think you want to get in trouble by the moderator but I hate seeing a person who has a problem and brings it up in a forum being attacked by a pack of hungry wolves!

And I am not bitter I am Enlightened, thank you very much, Nancy:smile: