Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone NOT exercising???

Long2bthin, I honestly shouldn't even be responding to your message right now because your comments are just ridiculous. You're obviously just trying to pick a fight here, but this is one I'm going to just let go because although I did not even in the slightest way suggest that you are "invalid"....your comments definitely are. Take it how you want it...but I think everything I said and meant is quite clear. Maybe you should try reading the post for what it really is and not make assumptions of underlying implications

If you posting your message makes you feel better about yourself, then I'm happy for you. I guess you're also another person that feels a great satisfaction by belittling others! So congrats on being 50 and exercising! Good for you! "I on the other hand"....am not exercising as much as I should be, but I still feel great about my weight loss and there's nothing you can do to change that!!!!

Excuse me? Pick a fight? No way. I'm sorry you see it that way. I was trying to say I was offended that you were comparing yourself to a 50 yr old because you weren't exercising. I was only trying to say, not all 50 yr olds are inactive, maybe invalid was a bad word for that I apologize, But I took your comment to mean being 50 was the same as being inactive. No I haven't walked in your shoes, nor you in mine. I have no idea what sleep apnea is like. I do know what bone on bone joint damage is in my knee and how painful every step I take when walking is. I do know how difficult it is to move and begin an exercise regime when you are 100+ lbs overweight. For someone who was just going to 'let it go' you said some pretty harsh things there. I was in no way belittling you and even wished you luck in finding what works for you, just as I have to find exercise/activity that works for me. You should feel great about your weight loss, it's a great accomplishment.

Edited by Great2BThin

If you posting your message makes you feel better about yourself, then I'm happy for you. I guess you're also another person that feels a great satisfaction by belittling others! So congrats on being 50 and exercising! Good for you! "I on the other hand"....am not exercising as much as I should be, but I still feel great about my weight loss and there's nothing you can do to change that!!!!

Oh for goodness sakes, are you going to sit on that eternal pity pot forever? Get over yourself. Exercise or don't, just quit WHINING! OMG, I can't take it anymore. You came here for suggestions, you didn't like the suggestions and you have whined non stop since then.

Don't exercise, eat cake, do what you please. It's your choice. Nobody will argue what you can and cannot do. Do whatever you please and enjoy yourself. Have a good life, good luck, good bye, cheers, taa taa.

hi all, we all have the same goals - to not be obese! we are all getting moving towards our goals one way or another. i don't think age has anything to do with it and i think anyone who has done what we have done at any age is amazing! i'm 44 myself tho in my head i feel 34 i swear it. i hope we can steer clear of fights here - intended or not - i know email and posts can sound one way and be taken another or may be what they seem - let's forget all that and support each other.

so, this thread is 'is anyone not exercising'.. has it been exhausted? or is there more to say? i am exercising, not as much as i 'should' or 'could' but as much as i am. going on vacation tomorrow for 5 days - hope to get lots of walking in and we'll be riding our new bikes! i know i'm gonna be one very sore person next week but i'm hoping the scale moves down! speaking of scales, won't have one for the whole time i'm gone - i'm NOT to going to miss that thing! but will be on it tuesday morning for sure..

Excuse me? Pick a fight? No way. I'm sorry you see it that way. I was trying to say I was offended that you were comparing yourself to a 50 yr old because you weren't exercising. I was only trying to say, not all 50 yr olds are inactive, maybe invalid was a bad word for that I apologize, But I took your comment to mean being 50 was the same as being inactive. No I haven't walked in your shoes, nor you in mine. I have no idea what sleep apnea is like. I do know what bone on bone joint damage is in my knee and how painful every step I take when walking is. I do know how difficult it is to move and begin an exercise regime when you are 100+ lbs overweight. For someone who was just going to 'let it go' you said some pretty harsh things there. I was in no way belittling you and even wished you luck in finding what works for you, just as I have to find exercise/activity that works for me. You should feel great about your weight loss, it's a great accomplishment.

Please point out to me WHERE I said that???? How does saying that my LIFE EXPERIENCES are on the level of a 50 yr old translate to all 50 year olds are inactive?????????? THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS, NOT MINE!!!! SO DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!! I DID NOT EVEN USE THE WORD EXERCISE AND 50 YR OLD IN THE SAME SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUBBLEBUTT....BUTT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE AN INSTIGATOR AND YOU HAVE BEEN SINCE THIS THREAD STARTED. I DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE...I DIDN'T ASK FOR IT AND I NEVER WILL. SO STOP ADDRESSING ME IN YOUR POSTS.

I'M PRETTY FED UP WITH ALL OF YOUR NEGATIVE POSTS AND YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY TARGETING ME BY TAKING EVERY POST I MAKE WHETHER IT BE NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE AND ATTACKING ME. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

DO YOU BULLY EVERYONE LIKE THIS???

I NEVER ONCE WHINED ABOUT ANYTHING AND IF I DID WHAT'S IT TO YOU????????? I BELIEVE THIS IS A SITE FOR SUPPORT AND A PLACE TO TURN TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE ACCEPTED MY ISSUES AND AM WORKING ON MY PROBLEMS. CAN YOU SAY THE SAME??? OBVIOUSLY NOT...BECAUSE IT'S NOT YOUR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE YOU NEED TO WORK ON MY FRIEND, IT'S YOUR INNER ONE.

LONG2BTHIN, I DON'T NEED YOUR WELL WISHES..KEEP EM TO YOURSELF...ESPECIALLY AFTER THE WAY YOU TWISTED MY WORDS AND ARE DELIBERATELY LOOKING FOR A FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE THE ONES WHO NEED TO GET OVER YOURSELVES, NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

Please point out to me WHERE I said that???? How does saying that my LIFE EXPERIENCES are on the level of a 50 yr old translate to all 50 year olds are inactive?????????? THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS, NOT MINE!!!! SO DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!! I DID NOT EVEN USE THE WORD EXERCISE AND 50 YR OLD IN THE SAME SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUBBLEBUTT....BUTT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE AN INSTIGATOR AND YOU HAVE BEEN SINCE THIS THREAD STARTED. I DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE...I DIDN'T ASK FOR IT AND I NEVER WILL. SO STOP ADDRESSING ME IN YOUR POSTS.

I'M PRETTY FED UP WITH ALL OF YOUR NEGATIVE POSTS AND YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY TARGETING ME BY TAKING EVERY POST I MAKE WHETHER IT BE NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE AND ATTACKING ME. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

DO YOU BULLY EVERYONE LIKE THIS???

I NEVER ONCE WHINED ABOUT ANYTHING AND IF I DID WHAT'S IT TO YOU????????? I BELIEVE THIS IS A SITE FOR SUPPORT AND A PLACE TO TURN TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE ACCEPTED MY ISSUES AND AM WORKING ON MY PROBLEMS. CAN YOU SAY THE SAME??? OBVIOUSLY NOT...BECAUSE IT'S NOT YOUR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE YOU NEED TO WORK ON MY FRIEND, IT'S YOUR INNER ONE.

LONG2BTHIN, I DON'T NEED YOUR WELL WISHES..KEEP EM TO YOURSELF...ESPECIALLY AFTER THE WAY YOU TWISTED MY WORDS AND ARE DELIBERATELY LOOKING FOR A FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE THE ONES WHO NEED TO GET OVER YOURSELVES, NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

If enough is enough, why are you shouting? The whole subject of this thread is not exercising whether it was in the sentence or not. And how do you know what the life experiences are of a 50 yr old to even begin to compare them? I tried apologizing for choosing the wrong word, I've tried wishing you luck, I've tried saying your weight loss is a great accomplishment. So who's picking the fight? We are both banded on the exact same day, this is a place for us both to share our experiences and get and receive support regardless of the path we take. I have nothing to 'get over', I've had a set back of gall bladder surgery, I have bad knees, I am choosing to embrace my obstacles and work around them and I don't consider 50 to be an obstacle. I felt you were comparing yourself to a 50 yr in a bad way, that's all I was saying and I was offended by that. You have no idea what being 50 is like.

Hey folks, this thread has obviously struck a nerve with some of you, and you are very passionate about your different positions. It is OK to have differing opinions and to state what those opinions are. However, I do need to remind you that we have a very strict rule here at LBT, and that is we attack the idea, not the person. So, please get back on topic with this thread, stop the personal attacks and debate the idea.

Thank you.

I logged onto say what a great post greyhoundmom had made - so positive. And then I saw the rest! Mekadig seemed to follow it up that way too. Honestly Long2bthin I don't think Meka was taking a stab at your age so I wouldn't get offended. I think Mekadig has made it more than clear when she's letting someone know her negative opinion, and that was not one of them!:biggrin: Everyone should just blow it off and stop worrying about it. I know we're all sensitive, me too of course but there is no point in attacking each other.

Greyt sensible posts greyhoundmom. Must be the calming influence of your hounds around bringing all the good and sensibilities into your posts! :thumbup:

mekadig, wow I just had to say something to you. We are all here in the "SAME" boat. It seems everytime someone offers you advice that you requested you take it as a personal assault. I feel bad that you feel people are attacking you. I read through all the responses from others and to you and honestly as someone looking in.. they were just offering you sound advice and you took it as the complete opposite. Your anger is just pouring through here and honestly I understand if your angry. The thing is mekadig to understand when and who to direct your anger toward. This is not the place. I pray that you find the place to pour your anger into.. I wish you great success and may god richly bless you!

Its really quite the most spectacular dummy spit I've seen here in a while.

Since we're attacking ideas, not people, I find the idea of someone claiming to have the life experience of a 50 year old whilst actually behaving like a 5 year old quite intriguing. As I do the idea of someone throwing a tanty because people DARE to assume they can understand anything about her circumstances whilst at the same time she presumes to know what it is like for someone else to be pregnant or what it is like to be fifty years old.

Pot, kettle anyone?

What a shame this thread turned so nasty. There's a lot of good advice in here, but I have a feeling none of it will be taken on board.

Its really quite the most spectacular dummy spit I've seen here in a while.

Since we're attacking ideas, not people, I find the idea of someone claiming to have the life experience of a 50 year old whilst actually behaving like a 5 year old quite intriguing. As I do the idea of someone throwing a tanty because people DARE to assume they can understand anything about her circumstances whilst at the same time she presumes to know what it is like for someone else to be pregnant or what it is like to be fifty years old.

Pot, kettle anyone?

What a shame this thread turned so nasty. There's a lot of good advice in here, but I have a feeling none of it will be taken on board.

Dummy spit? Tanty? LOL!!!! Ohhhh Jacqui, I love to listen to you type! ;o)

Lol, sometimes i dont realise I must sound strange

A dummy is a pacifier, you know what a baby has. Hence when someone throws a fit in a really immature way over nothing much at all, simply out of pique and bad temper because she didnt get what she wanted, we say she spat the dummy, just like a toddler would do getting ready for a big tantrum (tanty).

What else do we say.....hmmmm..... chuck a wobbly, crack the sads..... that's all I can think of right now.

Pretty much sums up what's happened here I think.

I love how australians say things. :rolleyes: So cuuute especially with the accents hehe

Lol, sometimes i dont realise I must sound strange

A dummy is a pacifier, you know what a baby has. Hence when someone throws a fit in a really immature way over nothing much at all, simply out of pique and bad temper because she didnt get what she wanted, we say she spat the dummy, just like a toddler would do getting ready for a big tantrum (tanty).

What else do we say.....hmmmm..... chuck a wobbly, crack the sads..... that's all I can think of right now.

Pretty much sums up what's happened here I think.

I gotta remember that 'spat the dummy' and use it on one of my kids some time!!

So what does chuck a wobbly or crack the sads mean?

I wish I could hear Jacqui speak in real life.