Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went in to see my Doc today..Great News!!!

Hi everyone,

I got banded on May 12th. In the end of April (prior to the surgery) My doctor ordered a blood test and said my numbers are pretty bad.

Today i went in for my 3 months check up, I did another lab 2 weeks ago. My doctor saw the results and she couldn't stop smiling.:thumbup:

In April, even with all my meds (Glucophage 3 times a day, Glipizide twice a day, Benezepril once a day). My sugar was 175 with fasting.... My liver enzyme was elevated and my 'number' (The one with a bunch of letters...) were high also.

My last lab rersults shows my sugar at 80, liver is normal, and my number is 6, my doctor pretty much said, "congrats! you are now normal!!!"

Just wanted to share this with everyone. There really is hope, you may be able to get off all your meds also!!

Good luck to everyone!! :cool2:

Aya

Hi everyone,

I got banded on May 12th. In the end of April (prior to the surgery) My doctor ordered a blood test and said my numbers are pretty bad.

Today i went in for my 3 months check up, I did another lab 2 weeks ago. My doctor saw the results and she couldn't stop smiling.:eek:

In April, even with all my meds (Glucophage 3 times a day, Glipizide twice a day, Benezepril once a day). My sugar was 175 with fasting.... My liver enzyme was elevated and my 'number' (The one with a bunch of letters...) were high also.

My last lab rersults shows my sugar at 80, liver is normal, and my number is 6, my doctor pretty much said, "congrats! you are now normal!!!"

Just wanted to share this with everyone. There really is hope, you may be able to get off all your meds also!!

Good luck to everyone!! :w00t:

Aya

Those are GREAT results!! Congratulations. I know how happy you must be.

That is good news, I'm looking forward to hearing the same thing and getting the same good results once Im banded. Keep it up!

Congrats! This is exactly what I'm hoping to hear from lots of posters. I am researching getting banded and my main reason is due to my adult onset diabetes. I used to weigh 250 but worked down to 200. I can't really get below that so that's why I'm considering the operation. I am excited to hear someone getting good news regarding their type 2 diabetes.

Congrats!

I too am a type 2 diabetic and was diagnosed 10 years ago. Each year or so I needed to increase my dosage for diabetes medications and eventually needed insulin as I was becoming more and more insulin resistent. Same goes for my blood pressure meds.

I had my band surgery on 10-7-08 and have lost 33 pounds so far. Within a month I was able to stop my glucophase. I used to take 100 units of insulin per day via my insulin pump. I now only take 30 units a day and no longer need a meal bolus. I stopped taking one blood pressure pill and only need half of my other pill dosage.

Last month my HgbA1c was 6.2. Previously, I never had a Hgb A1c below 7.3! I still need my apnea machine and medication for reflux but I'm confident that I'll be able to discontinue those too as I travel on my weight loss surgery!:)

Congratulations, Sooner, on your improved health. Your weight loss is good, too. I was also banded on 10/7/08 and have lost 28 pounds. I wish it had been more but I actually gained 11 pounds before my first fill in November.

Mimi

Hi everyone,

Today i went in for my 3 months check up, I did another lab 2 weeks ago. My doctor saw the results and she couldn't stop smiling.:Banane56:

Good luck to everyone!! :wink2:

Aya

CONGRATS AYA!!!!

I just got similar news this morning.

I just got back from my PCP and he has taken me off ALL my meds :nanahump:

I was taking

1000mg glucophage X 2 daily

10mg glucotrol X 2 daily

60mg Actos X 1 daily

135mg Triliplix X 1 daily

45mg lisinoprel X 1.5 daily

500mg Lovaza X 2 daily

Proud to say I am off all of the above right now, and at only 1 month post op. I just hope it stays that way. My next goal is to get off my sleep apnea machine.

plus Vitamin D3, and Baby asprin everyday.

congratulations! i went to my doctor today he took me off my meds