Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded july 28th need some friends!!!!

hi, i was banded on july 28th and i am home and doing great i would love to have a few friends to talk and chat with about the whole process any takers???

i am a 35 YO SAHM of 5 darling angels nd my awesome husband works full time to support us.

I to was banded on the 28th of july, how are you finding the restrictions and recovery? I feel weak and tired most of the time. But happy that I have done this. How are you keeping up with all of those children. I find it hard to make my bed.

i was banded in 08 just 6 days ago...

i am doing real good i have really good helpers in my older two girls 10 and 8 they help pick up the little ones and carry the laundry for me so i am really doing ok.

i was begining to wonder if anyone read this board lol

well I responded and then realized that I was in a thirties site and I am 45 so a little over thirty. I am glad you are getting the support you need from your family. Mine as been great also. How is the follow up with liquids going.

I was banded 7/29/08. It wasn't a bad experience. The only problem I am having is that trapped gas pain all in my back and shoulders. How is this for you

hi, i was banded on july 28th and i am home and doing great i would love to have a few friends to talk and chat with about the whole process any takers???

i am a 35 YO SAHM of 5 darling angels nd my awesome husband works full time to support us.

Hey, I to stay at home with my kids (2 girls, 9 years old). It is the hardest job in the world. My hubby even decided to get a 2nd job over staying home with the girls for me to find a job. I am scheduled for AUG 12. Don't give up on this site, sometimes it just takes a bit for everyone to find a post. If you want to email or send messages to me I should be home the rest of the summer. I have just moved to a new state and haven't made any local friends yet. Good luck,

I was banded 7/29/08. It wasn't a bad experience. The only problem I am having is that trapped gas pain all in my back and shoulders. How is this for you

i have had very little gas but what i do have tends to get stuck in my left shoulder which is totally anoying bc i am lefthanded

Hey, I to stay at home with my kids (2 girls, 9 years old). It is the hardest job in the world. My hubby even decided to get a 2nd job over staying home with the girls for me to find a job. I am scheduled for AUG 12. Don't give up on this site, sometimes it just takes a bit for everyone to find a post. If you want to email or send messages to me I should be home the rest of the summer. I have just moved to a new state and haven't made any local friends yet. Good luck,

my DH works alot of OT so i dont have to work either. he likes me home with the kids and we also home school so me working is out of the question. which is fine with me!!!! i love to stay home!!!

you lovee having twins?? my 5 kids keep talking about me having twins:rolleyes2:

WOW, with 5 kids I couldn't imagine being pregnant again. My girls wanted me to have another one for a while, then a little boy was always taking their toys while they were playing and that changed their minds quick. I don't have good pregnancies either, bed rest from the positive test, so next time I will adopt if I have any more.

we are thinking about that when our kids are all older and i am lonely.

it takes a special person to love a child not from their body!!! good for you!

The pain that you are feeling in your left shoulder is gas. I too have this left shoulder pain although I am right handed I can't sit up for long periods of time without the pain getting the best of me. It is said that it can last 3 to 6 weeks after surgery. Try a gas tablet like Gas-X or Gaviscon and a heating pad this seems to work pretty good. Doing better now one week post surgery. Can't wait to return to work.l I have not weighed myself first f/up is 8/12. Have a great day today.

Hi,

I was banded 7/29. I would love to share your journey. I have am 20 miles from my support group at the hospital and we only meet once a month. So I was hoping for online support to fill the gap.

Hi, I was banded last Wednesday, 7-30-08. I read and posted a little on this site before, but now life is so different I seem to be here several times a day looking for info. I can't believe I am finally banded!

I am a 35 yo sahm, to two boys ages 6 and 8. We are also homeschooling and love it.

DH and I went to a movie yesterday and I think all the laughing I did made me very sore, so I am going to take it very easy today. The last few mornings I have woken up with a tightness in my chest. I wonder if this is the morning restriction I have read about? Bandsters who need to start with warm liquids to help loosen up in the morning. My fear is it's some kind of reflux causing it. Everything is still so new!

My port site is still pretty sore. Anyone know how long that takes to heal?

Wishing all of us luck on our new journey!