Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Teng Vs Atkinson?

I'm asking all you bandsters from Las Vegas out there for your advice, please. I would like you to tell me who did your surgery of these two, if either, and tell me about your experience. I was happy with my decision and then decided to tell my hairdresser, who had one of these two do her bypass a couple of years ago, and now she has me re-thinking my decision. This is EXACTLY why I don't like telling anyone. I was perfectly happy with my surgeon and now I'm questioning my decision. I am more interested in aftercare, fills, and self-pay type experiences. Any information you can give would be appreciated. Thank you.:)

I thought you already had band date. Good luck where ever & who ever you choose. There is also a new Dr. in town. If you can attend Dr. Teng's support group do it. I have not met Dr. Teng, but he sounds a lot like Dr. Fisher, which is good. Dr. Fisher started Surgical Weight Control Center (SWCC) I have not met Dr. Fisher either. You know I'm SWCC all the way. I think Dr. Teng's group meets 1st Tuesday each month. SWCC meets at 6pm 2nd Wednesday & 4th Tuesday each month for band groups. I also go to Dr. Segura's Weighty Matters 1st Wed. $20. She is a very good psychologist, open group. People at this group have a lot more experience than I. I can share my weight loss books & inside skinny on all. Let me know! I have a lot of faith in you girl. Hasta Pronto, George:thumbup: P.S. The world has changed a lot since your friends by-pass:thumbup: After 3pm SWCC 7/31 I'll be self pay also. 8/16 dinner @ PF Changs has girls from both Doctors & more. Dr. Hanna(newbie) has a seminar on 8/16 at 10 am. It's Dr. Segura that showed me where my head had to be pre-op & has to be post op.

Thanks George, you are correct. Dr. Teng's group met this past Monday and I missed it. I was thinking it was Thurs or Friday for some reason. I really wanted to go since I'm meeting with Dr. Teng next Tuesday and signing all the papers and paying. I'm just flippin' out and starting to second-guess my decision.

I did buy your book that you recommended and trying to read it between writing papers....I'm in my last class for school! I'm getting my Masters in Healthcare Admin and it's been a long haul. I want it to be over (5 more weeks) so that I can start the next chapter of my life. I'm very focused. Thanks for all your encouraging words. When I have time after surgery, I may take you up on some of those groups. Bonnie

I was banded by Dr. Soong at SWWC (Atkinson's partner) and I loved him, the office and staff... the whole experience. I chose them because a friend of a friend had it done with him.

I am a cash patient and all follow up for a year is included. I have had three fills so far, and everyone has been amazing. Absolutely supportive, great attitudes and a willingness to be involved in the process. I even get emails from Dr. Soong after I am in the office, whether I see him or not, acknowledging my visit and offering support through "atta boys" - those messages that say, "Great Job, Felicia! I see you were in the office and you are doing so well! Keep it up!"

I admit that I am a fairly demanding patient (hence three fills in a month) - I take a very active role in my band care, I watch everything and discuss it in detail with the PAs when I am in the office. I like to know what's going on and I like to learn. I am sure their term for it is "pain the ass." =)

Anyway, I am a SWWC Atkinson/Soong supporter all the way! Everything about them has been such a positive experience for me. So good, in fact, I have made a few successful referrals!

I had my surgery with Dr. Teng... they told me fills were covered for 1 yr... and now they are telling me i have to pay an OV... so basically i was lied to and the fills are $110.... so sad... after 18,000.... they pull this!!

I thought the best before, and after care has been with Dr Teng. According to O.R. nurse that has worked with Dr Teng for 8 years is that he is so very meticulous. He hasn't had a death or post surgical infections or slippage.

Dr Teng attends all meetings and does his own adjustments.

I was upset with Dr Teng and his staff over money in the past... but i have to say i am VERY HAPPY with my results from my lapband... he is very strict... but thats what we need!!!