Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie intake range question???

Here's a question for you guys. I was banded on 6/27 and the dr. has moved me to solid foods. The dietician has me eating about anything reasonable that fits into following range.

1500 calories per day,

53g of fat,

<200g carbs

60+g Protein

Is this comparable to what everyone else is doing?

I should add that I haven't had a fill yet and have no restriction in eating but have stayed within this range sinces it's inception.

I treated to my to dinner out and ate the following.

1 taco

1 enchilada

refried Beans

rice

To me this seems like too much but does fit the range as noted above. I would expect that once the ring is filled up I would only eat a quarter of this...at least that's my hope.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Does this compare to ya'll?

I don't think eating 1500 calories is unreasonable, especially if you're still losing eating that amount. I've been banded for 4 mos. and had one fill about 2 mos. ago. I've been following Weight Watchers. The points I'm supposed to eat a day are 30 points which is about 1500 calories a day. I'm really happy with the way things are going because I can eat pretty much anything. I haven't had any PB or stuck incidents. I'm eating between 25 and 30 WW points a day and I'm losing between 1 to 2 pounds a week, some weeks more. I get full much quicker and stay full longer between meals. I'm very happy with the whole situation. Now I still have to deal with head hunger a lot. I still miss eating lots of food, but the band makes it easier to deal with because at least I'm not truly hungry all the time like I was before.

My doctor has me on 1200 calories, 100 carbs max, and 70 grames of proyiens. I try to keep my carbs down for those will break up into sugar and then fat.

Ok so why am i only on 500-600 calories??? Im almost 8 weeks post op...

I don't know. That might be a question for your surgeon.

Personally, I lost well on around 1500 or so. I never really stressed about an exact number as long as I was exercising daily.

Although I don't studiously measure calories, periodically I check my intake and I stay between 1300-1600 calories per day.