Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Doctor near Las Vegas

Hi there. I also posted this in the Nevada forum but thought it might get more exposure here. My mother-in-law was banded in November in Mexico but is trying to find a good fill doctor near her. She lives in Henderson, NV, right outside of Vegas. Does anyone know any doc that is good and reasonably priced?

Thanks.

Guest Roo-Roo

Dr Frances Teng is where I went. Very nice man even though I had problems. Not problems with him though. Any questions? Thanx Lori

(small quick hijack...)

Hey Lori, were you banded on April 18th? How's it going?

No info on a fill doc for you Heather, sorry, just had to say hi to Roo-Roo. Thanks!

Guest Roo-Roo

Yes I was banded on the 18th but having some hard times with the port . Also hust had a fill on tues 1.9 cc's is this normal. I thought I was good while getting the fill but I get home and have really no more restiction than I had before any fill at all. What's your advise? Go clear back down to Mexico in a month or so and get another fill? Thanks so much for listening Roo-Roo

1.9 sounds about right on a first fill...I'm assuming you have a 4cc capacity band, yes? Do a Search on "fills" or "kicking in" because I hear of people saying a fil will kick in a few weeks later, sometimes. So don't rush back just yet, just let it settle and see what happens. Keep us posted!

Guest ericbanded

I do not feel this is advertisement. This is SUPPORT just informing people I'm here instead of going all the way back to Mexico and fly all the way back to find out later this fill did not work. This could be devastating to a new Bandster, plus counter productive. And I get these types of call all the time from Dr Kuri’s, Dr Ortiz, Dr Joya’s, Dr Rumbaut’s, Dr Rodriguez’s, dr. verboonen, Dr Amfroy’s and finally Dr. Sanchez’s Patients. I do think I offer a great service and you can ask my patients. I apologize to all individuals who think this advertisement. For my X-wife AnnMarie You will have to judge this yourself.

Eric Tiesi

Physician Assistant

Ericbanded: Please refrain from soliciting patients through this site.

I know how hard it is to find help for banded in Mexico patients here in nevada, not everyone understands. I feel its support too. p.s. im not bashing the rules. just need help in rural nv.

I do not feel this is advertisement. This is SUPPORT just informing people I'm here instead of going all the way back to Mexico and fly all the way back to find out later this fill did not work. This could be devastating to a new Bandster, plus counter productive. And I get these types of call all the time from Dr Kuri’s, Dr Ortiz, Dr Joya’s, Dr Rumbaut’s, Dr Rodriguez’s, Dr. verboonen, Dr Amfroy’s and finally Dr. Sanchez’s Patients. I do think I offer a great service and you can ask my patients. I apologize to all individuals who think this advertisement. For my X-wife AnnMarie You will have to judge this yourself.

Eric Tiesi

Physician Assistant

I thought it was help too, Not soliciting for patients, some one asked about fills in Nevada and he let them know he does them. No different than if someone on here asked if they knew of a babysitter and someone says yeah I babysit, I can do it for you etc... It would be their choice if they chose to go to Eric or not...

He may have helped that person and others,

Can anyone email me directly about who they are doing their followup care with in Las Vegas (surrounding areas). I'd also love to hear what people think about their care with the local Dr... I'm planning on doing self-pay in Mexico, as my ins won't pay.

:P

Guest leanneburk

Just want anyone in Nevada looking for a fill Doctor to know that Eric Tiesi claims to be a physician assistant and is not. You can go to http://medboard.nv.gov/default.asp and put his last name in and see that this man is not licensed. Not to mention, I was told he is not certified through Inamed. These people are scam artists and I will be contacting the IRS and Nevada Medical Board in reference to his fraud.

Guest growup2005

It seems on a monthly basis, I must defend these so called fraud Allogation. I have over 60 patients the Las Vegas area, Bull Head City, Cali, and a few from other states. I have never recieved a complaint from the Medical Board or IRS and I ask there people who are soooooo Out to get me, since my Ex-Wife owns Belighter International LLC.

Again, I am tired of defending myself, I should not have to. These allogations come directly from Belighter International LLC. COMPEITORS... to defame my ex-wife, which I do not have anything to do with, and to make new patients reading the posts scared.This is a forum to inform and to help about the BAND not to lie and make patients scared.

P.S. I am Certified by Inamed to do adjustments, just ask Dr. Rodolfo Sanchez, who not only trained me to do adjustments, but I did all of his Mexican patients Adjustments for 4 months while I trained on assisting him in the Operating room. I can send anyone who ask a copy of my Cert.

I guess the best thing to do is have all 60 patients post their experience with my service and let bigons be bigons.

Please people Grow-up an Get A life. Eric J Tiesi

Orthopaedic Physician Assistant

Guest bandedmyyou

Hello,

I was Banded by By Dr Joya and when I returned to Las Vegas, I had know one. I was told to go see Dr Fisher, A big joke, told me to go back to the Mexician Idiot I had put my band in. Then I as told to see the next big ASS Dr. Tang, this was not fun. I waited in his office for 3 hrs and paid 350.00 to him to see me for 2 minutesthen to tell me, I was stupid for going to Mexico for surgery and I would be scheduled for an fill 4 day from then and the x-ray will cost another 250.00. I started crying in his office I would have never done this If I did not now I would be treated so terrible. I called my Girlfriend and cried to her and she mentioned Eric's name. Of course nervious I called him.

WOW!!!!! is an understatment. Very nice, down to earth, most professional guy I had meet. He never stated to me he as a doctor or an assistant or anything all; I just wanted a fill.

Nevertheless, I have been under his care for 9 months and have lost all 134 LBS. and just had plastic Surgery, which he arranged also.

so leave him alone... He is the best fill person on the west coast.

Laura

Guest HapE4Me

I was banded by my surgeon here in the US earlier this year. Before surgery, I asked my doctor my list of questions and he answered them with all the right answers. After surgery, that all changed. My doctor's office expects lap band patients to have restriction right out of surgery and beyond 6+ months after surgery. Those of us who have been banded know that in most people, this isn't the case. Proper restriction can even take 3-5 fills. When I called my doctor's office, after talking with Inamed about restriction after surgery, the office manager told me, "don't tell me you need a fill because I won't give you one." I was appalled and felt like I was set up for failure.

From the beginning, I was treated like a gastric bypass patient. That's because my doc is a gastric bypass doctor who also gives lap bands--even though he's not well educated on the after care of a band vs. bypass. I was hungry all the time, not losing weight, and having to diet to try to not gain weight. I was told by my doc to call my nutritionist. I did. He told me that I needed to eat 700-800 calories a day, ideally 600. He proceeded to tell me that the reason gastric bypass patients had such great success was because they had a hard time getting in even 600 calories a day. I told him, "No, it's because they have malabsorption, and that filters everything out, even if they make bad food choices." After I talked to my nutritionist, my doc's office called about 15 minutes later and said that my nutritionist called them and told them that I was way overeating (I ate 900-1100 calories per day). He didn't tell them that this was based on his 700 calories per day request!!! I told them what he told me and they didn't believe me--they backed him 100%. I started crying and started seeking alternative care. That's when I came across Eric. I called him and spoke with him. Within one day, I met with Eric and got a fill. I have lost weight since that fill and he calls to followup with you the next day and then again a few days later. I'm actually getting aftercare for the first time since surgery. Not only that, but Eric only needed one poke to do my fill and it wasn't under fluoro. For the first time since I had my surgery, I feel hopeful that I will succeed!!! I'm not trying to talk anyone into going to Eric, but he is competent in giving fills and offers a good service to those of us who have been let down by our so called "real" doctors.

Patricia