Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell Us About You!

This thread has gotten hilarious!!!!

O love the tower and welcome to all the newbies!!!!

About the nail thing...well Mommy told me that the doctor had to see your cuticules during surgery so I took my wraps off and now have many broken weak fingernails....It is sad...I always loved my nails...I am a joisey girl what can I say..Yes they were about 3/4 inches long...and all mine...wrapped but all mine....sighhhhhhhh....gotta grow them as the rest of me shrinks...lol

Chris,

Your cup tower looks awesome. Great job. Oh and by the way, I made sure I had a pedicure and a full set of french manicure painted fingernails just incase I died the day of surgery. My family thought I was crazy, which is true. Otherwise, I wouldn't be taking Cymbalta. LOL I noticed you said something about your anti-depressants being time release, mine are too so what I do is open them up and dump them in my mouth and quickly take a drink of Water. I can't mix it into my food. It's just nasty. Even though they are time release, they seem to still be working.

Good morning! I am afraid to attach the picture of my toe tag in the case that it totally offends someone or scares the poo out of someone who is about to have surgery. What? Crazy? Mani/Pedis are almost a requirement if you plan to go into surgery the next day where they cover you up with those grey hospital issued socks. I mean seriously...I want to look good for the folks who are going to stick things inside of me. I wanted to write with a black sharpie on my stomach "Cut along dotted line." but then I thought maybe the doctor really would and I would totally be way off, or that she would laugh so hard it would look like she cut me open with pinking shears. ;) THe last time I had surgery (in like 2002) I gave the surgeon a tiny little operation game pen and asked her to demonstrate her surgical prowess. I think she was actually offended.

I have managed to get the Cymbalta down at least the 30mgs if I take them one at a time over a period of time, but I haven't had a fill yet. I stopped crushing things two days ago. I feel better now that I am back on my happy pills. :thumbup: I wasn't unhappy, it was just these weird uncontrollable crying jags that were very frustrating. Plus I haven't been getting a lot of sleep...mainly due to a tiny kitten I decided to get a week before surgery. She seems to think my face (not just my head) is a pillow...sometimes I feel like I have one furry grey earmuff!

Anyway...I digress...

Have a great day,

Chris

About the nail thing...well Mommy told me that the doctor had to see your cuticules during surgery so I took my wraps off and now have many broken weak fingernails....It is sad...I always loved my nails...I am a joisey girl what can I say..Yes they were about 3/4 inches long...and all mine...wrapped but all mine....sighhhhhhhh....gotta grow them as the rest of me shrinks...lol

I think moms just like to torture us.:thumbup: There is mixed talk about the fake nail thing and surgery. 1. They told me I just had to take off the polish. 2. you still have toenails. 3. You think those machines they hook you up to to check your oxygen stats are just there for appearances?

Get your nails back! I loved mine when I had them, Except I couldn't play the guitar, which was a bummer. I still can't play the guitar, double bummer. I just got to the point that I hated sitting still for the hour and half it took to get them done every couple of weeks. God forbid I could be doing something else like..well....I am sure I could be doing something else. ;)

Hope your day goes well,

Chris

Playing guitar is certainly not a plan with nails...but I have to say I have become addicted to Guitar Hero....hehehehe

I haven't dared tread into the Guitar Hero world...Although I have seen a lot of folks play it and at Christmas we had Guitar hero play offs....I am still working my way through Wii bowling and up to Mario brothers super party 8!:tt2:

I haven't dared tread into the Guitar Hero world...Although I have seen a lot of folks play it and at Christmas we had Guitar hero play offs....I am still working my way through Wii bowling and up to Mario brothers super party 8!:shades_smile:

OMG...I love Guitar hero and rock band too! Do any of you have the Wii fit? And if so do you love it?

When I had my surgery Aug 6th....they didn't make me take my nails off, maybe cause I only do pink and white???

OMG...I love Guitar hero and rock band too! Do any of you have the Wii fit? And if so do you love it?

I will be getting Wii Fit. I am still 50 pounds too heavy for the weight requirement for the board. :thumbup: But once I get down there, I am going to get it. I have friends who have it who like it a lot.

Take care,

Chris

How sad is it that I have both a Wii and a Wii Fit and haven't even taken them out of the box? Now THAT'S the epidemy of LAZYYYYYYYYY! :thumbup: I think that I have put it off because I'm afraid that I will get addicted to it and start wearing smelly clothes and eating off of the floor because I won't be able to "hear" the washer and dishwasher calling me!

Ms. Shrink, an official diagnosis please? Do take into account that I am bi-polar (well-managed) and in a semi-manic stage at the moment. Great for killing the appetite, but really a bummer for all of the folks who have to listen to me talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. One would think that I'd be staying up all night with my beloved Wii?

How sad is it that I have both a Wii and a Wii Fit and haven't even taken them out of the box? Now THAT'S the epidemy of LAZYYYYYYYYY! :thumbup: I think that I have put it off because I'm afraid that I will get addicted to it and start wearing smelly clothes and eating off of the floor because I won't be able to "hear" the washer and dishwasher calling me!

Ms. Shrink, an official diagnosis please? Do take into account that I am bi-polar (well-managed) and in a semi-manic stage at the moment. Great for killing the appetite, but really a bummer for all of the folks who have to listen to me talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. One would think that I'd be staying up all night with my beloved Wii?

You got to take your wiil out of the box! It's so much fun and the boxing is a great workout!:thumbup:

I will be getting Wii Fit. I am still 50 pounds too heavy for the weight requirement for the board. :thumbup: But once I get down there, I am going to get it. I have friends who have it who like it a lot.

Take care,

Chris

There's a weight limit? What is it???

I maybe slow but I have been trying to add the ticker factory and it is not working. I am doing well, i have lost 10 lbs so far, now I have to get moving more to lose more. I am on soft foods, and my first fill will be Sept 29th. I am excited. I did get to full because I slipped and drank and had my food at the same time. Not a good feeling. I rolled around for a good 1hour and a half. But I have tried to be careful after that.

My family had a cook out and I was feeling torched, it was a little stressful because they had everything under the sun. I stayed in my room the whole time. My mom asked me was I coming down stairs, I looked at her as if she had two heads. I can't eat it so why be in the same room with it. I had already had my food I can eat in my room and watch my favorite shows on On Demand (cable) Law and Order and MONK!!!! They were my best company that day.

I have a friend I was going to join the gym with but she doesn't go and she had hers done last yr. I love her but she has more excuses why she can't do thing than just doing them. I understand we all have things to do, but we have some kind of time in between to make for ourselves. Am I saying anything out of place or wrong for thinking that way. I have children she has them as well. We both work, we do have a lunch hour to get away. So we have to make the time. I know when I return to work Next week I will have an alarm on my phone to let me know to get up and move. lunch, Break, get up and move. I would sit at my desk all day and never take a lunch or eat, I wait until I got home and ate everything that was not good for me, and that is why I am here to day. Bad eating habits. I just want to make it work and succeed at it. This is the biggest and hardest goal I have set for myself and I have to do it. My size goal is a 10, if I go further down I will be grateful, but I want to dress in normal size clothes again. Last time that was when I was in Jr. High School.

I said when I reached my goal I was going to have a 40th birthday party although I am 40 now, I will Celebrate as if I just turned 40. I owe myself a party. Another yr older, new challenges and new changes. I want to embrasse it all.

Hi Chris!

It's great that you have family support and you will get a lot of support here too. I was banded on the 26th and have been on here every day since then. I love a person with a sense of humor and I'm sure everyone will enjoy it.

Looks like we have some hobbies in common. I love to scrapbook and am constantly taking pictures I have not not had time to scrap lately since I'm in school and sure do miss it.

Welcome and I'll see ya around.

Hi....I noticed you're from Ft Worth. I live in Grand Prairie, but I do everything in Ft. Worth, was raised there. My Dr. is in Ft Worth also. I love scrapping too. When did you get your band and how are you doing? I've lost 26 1/2 lbs. I got my first fill Aug. 26th. I had good restriction for 3 days, now I am hungry and can eat anything. My 2nd fill is Sept 23rd. I have a 10 cc band with 5ccs fill now. The nurse told me Friday it could take 3-6 fills to get to my sweet spot. Good Luck.