Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay it is done, finally. I got to the hospital at 6:30am and I was home for approximately 11:45am. I guess surgery got started about 7:45 then a few hours of recovery. Honestly the experience was not bad at all. The worst part was waking up from the anesthesia. Not a lot of pain just discomfort. I have no pain at the incision sites ( I have 5 little incisions), just discomfort from the gas. I have been taking gas-x strips like crazy. They don't seem to be working, but walking back in forth is my house makes it a bit easy. I can honestly say that the experience was not bad at all. I was a bit hungry, so I had a few sips of Water here and there and a little broth. I'm pretty sure that I may have a little pain tomorrow, hopefully not much. I am so glad it is finally done and now I can look forward to working on the new me. I was calm, no anxiety or fear this morning. Thanks for the prayers ya'll, they definitely worked. God is Great. TTYL and Thanks again

Yettia

13_10_10.gif Yettia:

Congratulations. It's the first day of the rest of your life. Take it easy. I will love to hear how your post-op eating is progressing.

Anne the Travel Lady

Yettia, so happy for you. I am thankful all went well. I pray for your smooth recovery.

I second that! Don't you just feel like you can do anything now (after a couple months of course). Like you have all these goals you've been talking about accomplishing and now you can actually really see them being done?

13_10_10.gif Yettia:

Congratulations. It's the first day of the rest of your life. Take it easy. I will love to hear how your post-op eating is progressing.

Anne the Travel Lady

go yettia its yo birthday

gonna sip clear broth, its yo birthday

gonna drink on Water, its yo birthday

gonna pass gas all day, its yo birthday

ok...i digress. congrats girl and cheers to a new you!:thumbup:

Edited by Apple8<)

Well I am please to hear that your experience was a pleasant one.........it's a new beginning for you!! I am so excited for you........Be Blessed and Take Care!!

Congrats!! Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Hey u guys...Just a little update. I am still amongst the living, a little sore though, but not really bad. Just trying to get rid of this freakin gas. Well again I have no pain at my incision sites. They are mostly on the left side of my stomach. When I walk it feels a bit heavy on that side. Other than that I have been walking around trying to get rid of this gas. OMG there is a big gas bubble in my chest right now...lolol. Hold on to your hats she's gonna blow....:) Just wanted to update ya'll on how I'm doing. TTYL

Yettia

Thanks for all of the support ya'll

Hey yall just wanted to give you guys an update on how I'm doing. Well I have little to no pain, just some discomfort. The only thing that is bothering me is this freakin gas. I have been walking trying to shake this mess. OMG I have a huge gas bubble in my chest as we speak....Hold on to your hats, she's gonna blow...lol:scared2: Well to all of those who are getting banded really soon, good luck to you all. And thanks again for all the support and prayers.

just as a side note. all of that foolishness about not being hungry following the surgery is a bunch of Sugar Honey Iced Tea. I was starving and I am still hungry. Cursed that flippin chicken broth

Yettia

LOL, glad to hear you're alright. But I can honestly tell you I wasn't hungry after surgery. More thirsty. I was given ice chips, propel and requested chicken broth just because it smelled so good. I know that gas is something else but it will pass (tee hee).

I am almost two weeks postop and today is the first day I have no gas at all at this point. My only issue is I still get tired very easily. I experienced my first episode of productive burping on Friday night and for me it was such a relief. I had been having a feeling of a gas bubble in my throat for about two days and it was so irritating. I know that I ate too much Soup (and the wrong Soup - it was from a restaurant and after my second sip I realized I had made a big mistake in ordering it - it was loaded with butter but dang it tasted so good). A few hours later out came the slime and relief. The same bubble feeling happened again the next day. I had no idea why it was happening. I hardly ate anything but then realized it had to be gas. Got home gulped down Water (hey I had to take me chances to get rid of this feeling) and that worked. I've felt fine since.

Anyway, maybe you should also try the gas-x strips. In my case sometimes they help and sometimes they don't. Caio.