Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site. My best friend had the lapband surgery in may and is doing great. Today my husband and I had our first consoltation for the surgery. He is gonna do the bypass as he is alot heavier, and has diabetes and needs to loose alot fast. I am gonna do the lapband. We have BCBS PPO of illinois, and have to see what we need to do to get approved. The doctor today told us we might have to do 6 months of weightloss with a doctor, which we have already done a whole year and now 6 months, but they dont know if it is gonna count. So i guess it will be a waiting game for a little bit till we find out what we need. At least this is the first start of our journey. Will keep you all posted. Wtg Julie i am very proud of u.:smile2:

I'm so glad you both decided to look into the surgery...It was so worth it to me, it has changed my life already...Im here for ya every step of the way :)

bbf

julie

I was told that BCBS doesn't require the 6 month supervised diet.

I am awaiting approval and still have yet to do my psych. eval. but that is set for the end of this month :) I have BCBS and asked about the supervised diet and was told it's not a requirement of BCBS.

Is it bcbs of illinois? Let me know what u find out please thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am also a new member to this site. I just recieved my surgery date today it's gonna be on Sept.23,2008 I am really nervous now that I finally have a date any pep talks will help....

Thanks Cindy

Do what they want if you want a new life you have to go through many hoops? I've been there, done that. Don't ever give up.

Congratulations on taking the plunge! I can't wait until I can get an actual surgery date. I am so ready to get this going. I think it's great you and your husband are doing this together. This will provide so much support for you both. Nothing like team work! :) My husband is very supportive. Keep us posted on how things go! :biggrin2:

Hi,

When the surgeon's office called the PA told me I would have to follow the 6 months diet. I have BCBS FEP PPO in CA. I told her I was told I would not have to and she seemed unsure. I called the insurance office myself and they said the diet was not indicated. I think the diet thing varies from policy to policy. Call your insurance company yourself and ask them what they require.

I was told that BCBS doesn't require the 6 month supervised diet.

I am awaiting approval and still have yet to do my psych. eval. but that is set for the end of this month :) I have BCBS and asked about the supervised diet and was told it's not a requirement of BCBS.

All BCBS are different :) I have BCBS of Minnesota (Even tho I live in ORegon) and had to do the 6 month diet.. It was easy.