Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rob and Amber's Wedding!

Did anyone see Rob and Amber's wedding last night? Boy it was amazing, I wish I could have a fantasy wedding. I've gotten married twice and never have had a REAL wedding. The first time I got married, I was 17 and we had a small dinner party at my mom's house, I wore this horrible black flowery print dress (that was so tight, I could hardly breath), should have suspected that marriage was doomed w/ the black dress. And when I married my husband four years ago, I was 9 1/2 months pregnant w/ our daughter, so I wore a lovely lavendar meternity dress. We got married a Friday morning at the courthouse (no guests, just my daughter Bianca) and I went into labor the next day and delivered my little girl shortly after midnight the next day. So my anniversay is two days before Kiki's birthday. :), I have never ever tried on a wedding dress, isn't that weird. I still to this day dream of getting married in a simple off white gown, with my hair pulled back and with fresh flowers in it. Someday, I hope that my husband and I can get married in the church and have my kids walk me down the isle and have my beautiful gown on. WEll anyways, Rob and Ambers wedding was so awesome, they are so damn lucky. Tell me did anyone see it? Wasn't is awesome, so let's all fly to Paradise Island in the BAhama's and let's have me a wedding. So are there any wedding planners on this board??? :) let me know...

I turned it off before I saw how her dress was. Dang it

Was it gorgeous?? I heard how the wedding planner was putting her down for using what he said was a nobody. I am glad she used her Friend of the family shows she is still a down to earth girl.

And Rob is so sweet furnishing a home for her that was awesome right down to the kind of bed she wanted. He is hot

I wondered about her decision regarding her dress, but it was so simple and elegant, just beautiful. You know I hated Rob on the amazing race, but that was truly awesome wasn't it. All I could do was wish I had such a romantic guy. She looked so beautiful, it was truly spectacular.

Sure don't but if it is I want to watch it again, I missed the first hour because my husband was watching the contender. First time I've ever seen that show. I love boxing and that was sure a damn good fight last night. If anyone knows if the wedding is replaying please let us know.

It was beautiful and I loved the beach theme and the colors were just so pretty too. The Japanese lanterns were such a nice touch.

The wedding planner loved the dress when he saw it. I thought it was a lovely wedding but completely unfathomable for me too. We had 3 days to plan our wedding because my hubby was going into the air force (ended up being a short career). My favorite wonderful darling uncle married us at the bed and Breakfast I work at (beautiful and fairy tale like) but we only had immediate family so there was only about 15 of us. It was also in the middle of november so we did it indoors. I wore a pretty dress I already owned and we just did a small cake, etc. It was very special but nothing fancy.

My 14 year old daughter and i watched the show lastnight and all I could do was keep telling her how unrealistic that whole wedding was!!

Who really has the $$ to buy and furnish a house for a wedding gift?? And what about her getting to decorate the house with her taste?? And no regular person could have gotten that picture...PLLLLEEEASSE!!!!

OK the reception, Who would have the native dancers there. You could definately tell they were not footing the bill!!

No body has a wedding out of town and has that many family members and friends come to it if they have to pay for themseles. Can we say free vacation??? Or more approprialely, Can we say the network was a great 'daddy warbucks' for them and their family and friends??

OK so I'm a little jaded about this whole thing. I just think there are a LOT of things that could have been done with that much $$ to help people who really need it. How many women are trying to break away from an abusive relationship but canot afford to support them selves, how many kids do not get medical attention because of $$

OK enough of my soap box..SORRY!!

On a positive note, I was impressed that she had a pretty dress that was modest!! Kudos to Amber for that one!!

I know that a normal person can't afford to do something that extravagant, that is why its even more magical, because we can live vicariously through them. Come on girl, admit it, your jelouse, cause I sure I know I am.

Look at those two, so young and they already won the million dollars from survivor, they traveled the world on the amazing race, they were paid for the televising of their wedding, plus their wedding was paid for. And you know, that we will probably not have seen the last of them. I mean how much luckier can they be. I certainly have no darn luck, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

It is very unrealistic, but hey they were normal people before all their adventures began, so maybe there is hope for us. And I truly admire and respect you for being such a humane person and thinking how some of this money could be better well spent. But you know, somepeople own a piece of jewelery that is worth more than we will ever make in our entire lives, and all I can say is that they better feel blessed. All in all, we are happy, and those millionaires always wish they had more, and we always wish we could have more, its in our nature to want more. But lets have fun and close our eyes and dream big dreams....

My 14 year old daughter and i watched the show lastnight and all I could do was keep telling her how unrealistic that whole wedding was!!

Who really has the $$ to buy and furnish a house for a wedding gift?? And what about her getting to decorate the house with her taste?? And no regular person could have gotten that picture...PLLLLEEEASSE!!!!

OK the reception, Who would have the native dancers there. You could definately tell they were not footing the bill!!

No body has a wedding out of town and has that many family members and friends come to it if they have to pay for themseles. Can we say free vacation??? Or more approprialely, Can we say the network was a great 'daddy warbucks' for them and their family and friends??

OK so I'm a little jaded about this whole thing. I just think there are a LOT of things that could have been done with that much $$ to help people who really need it. How many women are trying to break away from an abusive relationship but canot afford to support them selves, how many kids do not get medical attention because of $$

OK enough of my soap box..SORRY!!

On a positive note, I was impressed that she had a pretty dress that was modest!! Kudos to Amber for that one!!

I'm with the whole fairytale thing. If I can't live a fairytale thing like Rob & Amber, or like Carrie Underwood being the new American Idol, then it's sure fun being part of the fantasy by watching them on TV.