Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band ID and restaurant card?

I was told by a relative on the east coast that she was given a Bariatric ID card and restaurant discount card when she had her Lap Band surgery done. I never received a card like this, is this available online somewhere?

I'm in northern California-

I received a card from my surgeon Dr. Billy and it is to allow me to order from the kids menu or a senior menu and it explains that I've had this surgery. Hopefully you are able to get ahold of one.

I received one from my hospital's bariatrics program...call your surgeon and ask.

I live on the East coast and work in a restaurant...I have never seen one of these cards...but I am sure they would come in handy....Kimberly

I got a card from my surgeon but heck I forgot about it til this post. Thanks :) Has anyone USED their card they have?

My surgeon gave me one to allow me to order of kids menu. One lady in our support grp got highly upset. Because it has our name on it, surgeon's name and what type pf surgery...she felt it was a breech of confidentiality. Give me a break, don't show it then!!

But honestly, I have yet to use mine. I have no problem bringing my family home my left-pvers or I enjoy sharing a plate with my daughter!! Funny how people get so pivey about certain things!

Your right Brenda....If she didn't like her name etc on it then don't use it. I can almost promise when she flashes that card the person taking the order really don't give a hoot about all the info.

Just ask your doc if he does the card thing. I have used mine a few times. Mostly I just order a kids meal or split something with my son.

I usually ask if I can order from the children's menu, if they say no or that there is an upcharge for an adult ordering from a child's menu (Bob Evans does an upcharge) I usually wip out the card and go from there. It never hurts to ask. We actually save alot of money since I order from the kids menu. If not, I share , order an appetizer, or have left overs.

I have the Restaurant Card and another card in case of emergencies. The second card is for paramedics or other emergency personnel to let them know I have a band and not to use any type of gestational tubing on me, along with the surgeon's phone number.

Also in case of emergency (car accident, etc), they have suggested I get a medic alert Bracelet so if something happens to my purse, they know what to do/not do. I found it interesting.

Hi, I was banded by Dr. Billy on Tuesday, 7/22. I used the Thousand Oaks site, which is outpaitent. So, I am only two days out but doing well. I am having trouble sleeping, probably because of the meds and lack of exercise. (I don't react well to meds and tried to take only Tylenol, but I hurt too much). Nice to "talk" with a fellow Dr. Billy person.

Thanks

KathrynH you are awesome!!! I didn't get a card and I don't think Dr. Neal gives em out.

I printed the card from the link you posted b/c we have 75% of those restruants where I live.

Yah!!:)