Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kansas City area Plastic Surgery

I know some of you guys have had plastic surgery after the weight loss. I am just starting the PS search and research. Who did you guys use in the area?

Thanks

Jonathan

When researching Plastic Surgeons Dillow and Cannova were the only two I checked into. Dr. D is the one Hoehn/Hitchcock's office recommends and Dr. C is the one Dr. Malley's office recommends. I'm no expert but my research seemed to show they were both equally certified, capable and experienced with PS on WLS patients.

In the end I chose Dillow as he was only slightly less expensive on the particular procedure I chose (Cannova would have been less expensive on the full lower body lift) and I also seemed to hit it off just a little better with Dillow. But like I said from what I saw and from grapevine hearsay they are both top-notch docs.

If you search through the PS thread you should be able to find one on my Extended Tummy Tuck. I was very impressed with the scar line he left on my tummy tuck. After following his aftercare advice I have absolutely no raised scar tissue. The line is still slightly discolored but should fade away over the next year or so.

Did you get a chance to see Dr Cannova at Malley's meeting this month?

Hey Diane! I haven't seen you in a while. I did get to see Dr. C at the Malley Bandwangon meeting. It was great. He of course focused only on female patients but short of the breast stuff, it all applies. I am sure some of us have moobs (man boobs) we want to get rid of too.

I am thinking of calling Dr. C to do a consult and just see what he says. The skin is starting to really bug me. I am sure it is all in my head but I just want it gone.

Did you greatly change the size clothes you wore once the swelling went down?

I wish, but here I am nearly 11 months post op and still wearing the same size clothes as before PS. Mind you they fit and look better on me but still same size.

I'm trying to convince the DH to let me join the Malley Boot Camp but with a 5 year old at home, a full time and a part time job it is hard to get out of the house on the few nights I'm still actually home. He thinks I need to just suck it up and get to work on the treadmill sitting so nicely in our family room.

But as a friend of mine I walk with on Wednesday likes to say her and I are co-dependent when it comes to exercise. If we exercise together we get a lot accomplished, once we even walked over 7 miles. But left alone it is pure torture to just make it one mile on that dreaded treadmill no matter how good the show is that I'm watching.

I'm looking also for a local plastic surgeon for a body lift. I've also looked into the two doctors mentioned and met with one. Any other recommendations out there from anyone?