Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For recent bandsters...

I am 2 weeks post op, and am having a hard time just sipping my water! I've been so thirsty at times, that I just have been almost guzzling. I think it's because I'm not drinking enough Water and causing myself to become dehydrated. Also, is anyone else having a hard time getting all of their Protein in post-op? I know I'm not having nearly enough or eating nearly enough, but each day, I'm trying to do better. :seeya:

I'm also having a hard time getting in my Protein. Aside from going through 8 different Protein Shakes I didn't like, I'm just not able to intake enough protein.

I'm having not issues getting Protein in. K2O waters are great for this, also try unflavored Protein Powder and add it into everything you consume.

I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm drinking normally. I have no resriction. I was very careful to sip the first week but we getting really dehydrated. If I am drinking Water, I don't sip. If I'm eating anything thicker I am more slow and careful.

I too am having a hard time getting enough Protein. I have the New Whey bullets. They don't taste bad, but they have an after taste that I'm not too fond of. I am consuming maybe 300-400 calories per day . I am eating tuna salad (2 oz at a time) and sf pudding. I am not getting nearly enough Water. GRRRRRRR!!!! I am getting a little better each day, so hopefully by next week I can get enough water to thoroughly hydrate me.

I got banded last Wednesday and started feeling weak and dizzy on Monday. Still feeling weak and dizzy. Is anyone else feeling the same?

Hi!

I'm 3 weeks post-op and didn't have any trouble getting my Protein. I HIGHLY recommend the Protein Drink from Unjury (order on-line at www.unjury.com). It's a powder and they taste really great. I discovered it on this site and was very pleased with them. I was supposed to have a total of 4 shakes post-op for 2 weeks but my nutritionist said that I only needed 3 of the Unjury shakes because the protein content was so high (20 grams per serving).

Keep hydrated as much as possible...I know it's not easy squeezing the Water in with stopping 15 minutes before "a meal" and not drinking 1 hour post-meal by you'll get used to juggling it. Good luck!

Lisa :thumbup:

I'm doing fine on liquids and Proteins. The two things that work for me are:

1) Isopure Peach-Mango flavored drink. 20oz of liquid plus 40 grams of Protein. I drink a half of one 2x/day over crushed ice and it tastes just like orange Gatorade.

2) EAS low-carb chocolate Protein Powder. Blend with 2oz crushed ice, 4oz milk and 2oz half and half and it comes remarkably close to a milkshake.

I got banded last Wednesday and started feeling weak and dizzy on Monday. Still feeling weak and dizzy. Is anyone else feeling the same?

I think it's normal since you probably haven't eaten very much and are recovering from surgery. I felt the same way. It takes about a week to a week and a half before you start to feel normal. Hang in there!

Thanks, it's reassuring to know that others have gone through it too and that it is part of the normal process.

I am a bit further along in the recovery, but I have been using the AcheivOne Protein Drinks. They are coffee flavored and are really good! They have 20 grams of Protein in each 9.5 oz bottle. They are one of the few protein supplements I can tolerate. The other supplement I use is the Isopure RTD's. They have 40 grams of protein in 20oz. I like the blue rasberry and Ice tea flavors.

Hi there, I am two weeks banded now and for the first few days i was really dizzy and weak. I found out it is dehydration, If your pee is dark coloured and your are dizzy those are sure signs. I really had to purpose to get Water in i aimed for 50 oz a day and managed to do it althiugh it was a all day event, but by the next day i was feeling much better. After a week my swelling went down in my stomach and drinking got easier. Now it's no problem.

Good luck<><:)

:thumbup:DonnaT820, I was banded a couple days after you and had the same problem for a couple days. Definitely more liquids should help and my nutritionist suggested trying to get more sodium in the diet. Initially we are getting way less sodium than our bodies our used to and that can make you feel dizzy or weak. She suggested drinking broth 1-2x daily. Good luck!

My Doc recommends not drinking cold water...not sure why but I always drink mine at room tempature.

Also, my Protein (right after surgery & now after fills) came from Carnation instant Breakfast. 2 packs in 1 cup of skim milk...yummy.