Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Normally I" and "Choose"

On to my NON-rant...

I think that we should have a thread in which we can Celebrate our moves toward changes in our attitudes. Let's cheer each other on as we make better choices. These can be a:

"Choose":

Each time I went to the bathroom at the office today, I chose to walk the 'long' way back to my desk.

or a

"Normally I":

I only had two bags of groceries today. Normally I would have pushed them to the car in the cart but today I decided to carry them.

Well this is a shame on me story but not entirely. I'm starting to ease into my no carb preop diet today, I have to be on it for 2 weeks preop and I'm 3 1/2 weeks out right now.

I went for my preop blood work and xray today and had to be fasting. Waiting for the blood work took forever and I was starving and still had to do my xray in another building. I knew I had to have something or end up with a headache and Jack in the Box was staring me in the face. I ordered the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and skipped the hash browns (which I adore). I figured on Atkins it was only the biscuit part that was supposed to be a no no, the hash browns would have been an even bigger no no. So far all I've had since then is an Atkins bar and I plan to have another for dinner, so it's a half naughty me/half yay me story (giggle)

Lauralee, "Yay You!" for not being lured in by those evil-ishous-ly yummy hash browns. You've done great recovering from your challenge by choosing to do the Atkins thing the rest of the day, so give yourself an attagirl for that too!

Hey I ate all the stuff I love last week, only gained 2 lbs. So I am now ding my own pre-op diet. LOL I know that 90% of the pre-diet food is and will be a no no for me. But I got it out of my system.

My demons are ice cream and bread in that order LOL

So Shamrock...you could say that you "chose" to leave the demons behind right now and focus on your pre-op, right?

Here it goes....I went out to eat with my college girlfriends to an Italian place and normally I would order something with Pasta and drink a couple glassed of wine. Since dinner was at 6:30 and I get off at 4:00 - I still went to work out first. Then I ordered seared Salmon and salad and only 1 glass of wine that I didn't finish. I was really proud of myself for making better choices then I have in the past.

Tonight I have going to by bosses' house for pizza and salad. I am going to try to load up on salad and maybe 1 piece of pizza.

My next challenge will be this weekend - I am going to the beach and we will be having a good time - if you know what I mean. I am bringing cold cuts and I will try to find some low carb wraps. Hopefully for dinners I will do some sort of baked or broiled fish entree.

I am trying not to lose the willpower right before the surgery:unsure:

Normally I would have just walked back to my desk after visiting the potty, but today I actually walked around our floor before coming back to the office. Walking that hallway added 180 steps to my day. Fitness folks recommend 10,000 per day (yeah, right) so three trips like that and I've got 5% down. Hmmm...if I drink more, I'll "walk" more, no?

Lanakila-I think this is a great idea! Some of the "little things" can really add up and once you start doing them and feeling better about your choices it makes it better.

Shamrockgirl, I'm with you. I am at 1 week on Friday and I'm really resisting cheating. I'm down about 15 lbs, according to my scale, although we'll see what the doctors scale says:rolleyes:, but I don't want to lose my momentum. I am going to allow myself a "last breakfast" this weekend and one "last supper", but even then, it won't be like before...coffee is gone, Creamer is gone etc, so even my spluges are not nearly as bad as they used to be, not to mention that I can't finish it all now and I actually stop eating when I'm full...there's a novel idea:)

I finished my "behavior modification" classes tonight and just have the pre-op stuff Friday and then it's all over but the surgery:w00t:

i find that everyday i do things that i "normally" wouldnt! I used to be such a carb whore! Today i started the day by going to the gym and drinking a ton of water... then i went and tried on clothes and giggled in the fact that i shouldnt buy anything because it will just be too big in a month (usually i would be crying because nothing fits.. hee hee) Then i went to olive garden and had Soup and salad... i even picked all the noodles out of the soup and only had half of one breakstick, and not even a single one of those mints!!!! AND i had Water instead of diet coke!!!! I went to hang out with a friend and purposefully parked far away! Then when he had Snacks around, i said no thank you! Who is this person i am becoming and where did all this self control come from?

Holy Cow Chattie! You had a rockin' day! I can totally relate to the clothing thing. I've been shopping in catalogs because nothing in the stores fit, or they are too granny, or too maternity, or whatever. I put myself on a complete moratorium for buying ANY clothes until after surgery. I figure that new pretties will be a great, non-fattening reward. My hubby isn't getting banded but he plans to ride down the weight slide with me going the old-fashioned way. I've quit buying clothes for him too!

Sad that I haven't had any normallys or chooses to post, but here's a tiny one from this morning. I chose to have a low carb SF instead of that giant bagel or fast food Breakfast that I've recently been "sneaking." Ha, SNEAKING! Who do I think I'm hiding that from, huh? I was SURE that the shake wouldn't take care of my hungries, but by the time I got to the turn for the place that I normally drive through, I was able to keep on going.

Small Victories!

Went to meet my surgeon yesterday, I lost a total of 13.3 lbs. Over my 12 pounds they wanted me to lose. He said keep up the diet I am doing on my own, until surgery 10 days. I had a small fillet mignon last night with a salad. Yummy I was craving meat. Having my Protein shakes for lunch and Breakfast.< /p>

Yes my demons are gone. I feel so much better with just the 13.3 pounds gone, I imagine how good I will feel when it's all gone. Not that will be something won't it. For all of us. Just keep focusing on the goal.

Great trying on clothing. My stuff is just slightly big now. I have 3 wardrobes, my fat one, my not so fat one and my sort of fat one. LOL. I think the day after surgery I will put 10 bucks a week into an envelope and into my bureau and let it build up then when I hit my goal weight I will have money for some new clothing. And may add extra into it when I have extra, I should not buying Snacks and delivery food for a year. LOL

Good luck to everyone

Pati

Edited by Shamrockgirl60