Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it just me...? Share your new happy!

Hi All!

I have had some of the most wonderful last few weeks. Once I got over the hump of recovery I have just felt AMAZING! I feel like a cloud has lifted and I am so much more positive. It's particularly coming through at work where I am slowly but surely getting things together and organised. And I am actually ENTHUSIASTIC again :thumbup:. I do love my work (I am a Human Resources Manager with a company full of wonderful people, even if the company and the place makes us crazy sometimes) and I just feel like the possibilities of what I can do and help everyone accomplish are endless. I got a bit disoganized last year after coming back from maternity leave and was suffering from bad post partum depression. I finally feel like I am fully out of the funk i've been in.

Anyway, I feel like I have gotten my real self back and feel so amazingly positive. Long may it last.

I guess the big part of it is taking control and getting the band. It took 9 months for approval and the whole time I felt like it would be denied and my life was over if I didn't. I was having intense chronic pain with my back and hip that I was treating with pain meds AND giant cadbury bars. I was fatter than the heigth of my pregnancy (and my kid isn't even two!) and I was despondent with my inability to just take control and get my shite together.

Now I am full of the joys of life! Everything seems to be coming together and I am so positive about the future. Next project is to work on the house a bit and also keep up with work. It's a real struggle juggling a job, marriage, and a child for sure! And hopefully this time next year I will be close enough to a happy weight to start thinking about another wee one. That scares but hopefully with hindsight and better health I will have an easier time than before.

The July gang is talking about a meet up in Vegas in 2010 - we should too! Although how cool would it be to do something that would scare the crap out of a really fat person - skiing! Can you imagine trying rent ski gear and say 'do you have that in a 24' and getting up on the lift and wondering if it will hold our fat bottoms. And getting on the plane and all the extra room in the seat and several inches of extra seatbelt.

Anyway, I hope you're all feeling as good as I am and if you're not do share and maybe the rest of the gang can turn your frowns upside down!

Off to feed my son dinner and pray this isn't a manic phase! I might have a glass of wine too :)

Jenni

Edited by greythope

Oh I am doing fantastic out here too! Best thing I ever did, hands down. Congrats to you and be careful with that wine!!

I so love Vegas, and so don't think I would like skiing! LOL...so there's my vote.

We go to Vegas once or twice a year, so I would probably be game.

Oh, and some of us are not ladies, hehe.

We go to Vegas once or twice a year, so I would probably be game.

Oh, and some of us are not ladies, hehe.

Sorry about that! I will edit my post. I spend the rest of my internet time on mommy boards where men fear to tread!

How about somewhere beachy?

I so love Vegas, and so don't think I would like skiing! LOL...so there's my vote.

Hot toddies by a roaring fire?

I am just dreaming of a place as fatties we'd be fearful/embarassed to go. Sorry I am hyper and all full of desires for action adventure. LOL - see you guys on Everest!

We could go to Vegas and hit up the Stratosphere - they have a crazy rollercoaster for those who are thrill seekers!!! I'm all for Vegas - not so much the thrill rides, but I'd be more than happy to cheer y'all on!!!

Ya know, the "somewhere beachy" appeals to me. I've stayed away from places like that for obvious reasons. How nice it would be to relax on the beach without fear that Greenpeace members are going to try to roll me back in the ocean! LOL (I'm pretty sure I stole that from a comedian....Louie Anderson maybe)

I'm also excited about the day I can go back to an amusement park and ride anything I want!

PS...Vegas still rocks.

I feel the same way and have actually had people comment on how much happier I seem. It's awesome to feel this good and still know the best is yet to come.

I'm all for everyone getting together. Vegas or Beachy works for me ;) I'm not a skiing fan...it's too cold and I'm not very good :drool:

Yes! OMG! I want to dance all around and smile all the time! I have been so happy!

You are correct greythope! The pain is all in the past and with the fill I know it is going to do it's job and my life is getting better every day!

I would love to get together! I will go anywhere! Love to travel!

I agree!! I am much happier--and I just feel peacful. It's very odd. I feel like food is not playing as big of a part in my life and I am just fine with that!!!

p.s. I am up for going anywhere!!!

hi there, you all sound wonderful!!!!!!!! congratulations!

i seem to be having ups and downs. not about the band - i'm glad about that - just in general. i'm waiting for the ups to break thru! i'm sure they will! the ups are really nice - i am hopeful and excited about the future just like you all sound!

we spent last night on a tall ship at a catered event and i had Water and 2 appetizers while about a zillion were going by on trays for hours. i was proud of myself but i actually got sea sick (not all the way sick but quesy and i thought i was going to lose it) and i couldn't believe it. i've never been sea sick in my life and i've been on a lot of boats!

the weather here has been very hot and humid and that is not my favorite - keep same inside - so that's probably it. i'm starting a meditation class this week and i'm excited about that! i can't seem to still my mind.

continued happiness everyone!

I'm in England so if we're having a meet in Las Vegas I think I'd better start saving .....and soon lol

Amanda :ohmy:

I'm in England so if we're having a meet in Las Vegas I think I'd better start saving .....and soon lol

Amanda :ohmy:

But think about how cheap it will be once you get there with the exchange rate! The dollar is worth nothing these days. Will you send me a fiver so I can pay my house off?!:biggrin: Sterling is very dear these days so first rounds on you!:blushing:

But think about how cheap it will be once you get there with the exchange rate! The dollar is worth nothing these days. Will you send me a fiver so I can pay my house off?!:blushing: Sterling is very dear these days so first rounds on you!:ohmy:

A fiver?? to pay your house off....lol...if only eh??

Yes the exchange rate is great for us at the moment.

Maybe I should get saving a bit extra for some gambling in LV too then!!

My ex went there a few years ago and loved it....I should make it happen!!

Amanda

x