Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first fill on July 7th and ever since, I've been ridiculously hungry! My hunger has actually gotten worse since my fill. I think I should go back for an adjustment very soon cause I'm starving. I have been doing great but today at lunch, I overate. I have to admit, the familiar feeling of being "full" felt horrible so I'm not sure why I did it. I'm not full to the point of being sick-just uncomfortable. I feel bad because I had been doing so well. I'm going to try very hard to not let old habits creep back into my life.

Just needed to vent as I feel so very guilty...:)

Just know its still early. its not normal to have much restriction at this point. Some of it is probably you fighting with your head and your old habits. Also remember not to eat till your full just till your not hungry.

that happened to me after my 4th fill...felt like i could eat anything..and no restrition.... 2 weeks after...BAM back to the restriction...it does get better ... call for an adjustment if not ..gl

I am in the same boat... I can eat as much as ever before with 3 small fills. I am going for my 4th on Monday the 21st and hoping for a big fill to stop the madness. banded May 19, 2008 Good Luck everyone!

Im so confused now!!!! I have not been banded yet but Im really thinking about it. Im going to see the Surgeon next week but IM starting to not even want to bother with it. I've read some many post of people saying how hungry they get and how they are able to cheat. Helloooooo...am I missing something?? The reason we are FAT is because se overeat and obviosly do not control how or what we eat. At least on my part I can say I have no will power otherwise I wouldn't be on this boat weighting over 220 lbs. I mean why get banded then. IF you still get hungry and have to watch what you eat? When the problem is we all overeat. Please someone out there explain it to me. Also, after you get banded how long before your first fill. Im so confused...now I want to loose this weight IM so miserable and I cant do it on my own which makes me sick and ashamed.

if you want to lose... you have to watch what you eat. you are counting calories or carbs or something...you cant just willy nilly eat what you want..and yes...after 8 months i still get hungry..you have to be ready for it when you do it... you cant eat as much..but what you choose is important. gl

Im so confused now!!!! I have not been banded yet but Im really thinking about it. Im going to see the Surgeon next week but IM starting to not even want to bother with it. I've read some many post of people saying how hungry they get and how they are able to cheat. Helloooooo...am I missing something?? The reason we are FAT is because se overeat and obviosly do not control how or what we eat. At least on my part I can say I have no will power otherwise I wouldn't be on this boat weighting over 220 lbs. I mean why get banded then. IF you still get hungry and have to watch what you eat? When the problem is we all overeat. Please someone out there explain it to me. Also, after you get banded how long before your first fill. Im so confused...now I want to loose this weight IM so miserable and I cant do it on my own which makes me sick and ashamed.

Just a quick note, this is not a quick fix to our problems. As with the sleeve and gastric bypass and all of the other weight loss surgeries, we are going to go through some things-

As someone else said you need to be mentaly ready for this. We still have to work at it, it does not come easy. So you really need to decide are you willing to make the changes neccessay in order to drop the weight.

The lap band is a tool not a miralce surgery. I am not trying to be harsh but you really need to make sure that this is what you want to do.

To Miamichick:

Alot of the hunger you read about is HEAD HUNGER. We are so use to eating that not to is unusal. I can walk into the kitchen open the fridge door and wonder why!!!! I'm not really hungry maybe bored I'm just so use to eating anytime at all.

I feel like I was personally attacked by Miami... everyone is different and how and at what rate we decide to look our weight depends on us. The band is a tool, and should be used that way. I think that you may want to try another weight loss method if you think that it is. We all have our adjustments to make, I just haven't found mine yet.

Dear DreamingSkinny,

:confused2: Aaaaahhh how did I personally attacked you??? I was asking a question that was it. I dont know "I dont know anybody here for that matter" We are all in the same boat why would I attack anybody in here its a FORUM . Anyway, like everybody else in here we come to vent about everything we have in our heads. Im not banded and Im loooking into it. I dont know about you but I have a looooooooot of questions about it. I have no idea what I said that makes you feel attacked by me. :thumbdown:

Dear DreamingSkinny,

:confused2: Aaaaahhh how did I personally attacked you??? I was asking a question that was it. I dont know "I dont know anybody here for that matter" We are all in the same boat why would I attack anybody in here its a FORUM . Anyway, like everybody else in here we come to vent about everything we have in our heads. Im not banded and Im loooking into it. I dont know about you but I have a looooooooot of questions about it. I have no idea what I said that makes you feel attacked by me. :thumbup:

hmm I did not see this attack either. OK I have only had my band for 3 days but people keep telling me the same thing your saying miami. They say well if you can go 4 weeks with no food then you dont need to surgery.. NOT TRUE I can go 4 weeks without eating because I know I have a tool to help me once I start eating again. I look at it like this if you do what your supposed to do and get the fills and follow the instructions then you can have a healthy life and loose the weight. But it will take a while to get there. You have to look at it like this... You can diet all year and loose 40 pounds just to gain it back next yr or you can try to get the right fill over the next year and not have to worry about your weight anymore. I dont know if I am of any help after all I am still pumped with pain meds from the surgery lol

Hey Emily,

Thank you!!!! :thumbup: for the infor you gave me. I completely understand what you mean I guess I was not looking it at that way but since then I've done more research and reading the posts here make me realize that this is a tool to help out. Again, thanks for the explanation and I'll probably be bugging you with questions since you just got banded. I

Hey Emily,

Thank you!!!! :thumbup: for the infor you gave me. I completely understand what you mean I guess I was not looking it at that way but since then I've done more research and reading the posts here make me realize that this is a tool to help out. Again, thanks for the explanation and I'll probably be bugging you with questions since you just got banded. I

no problem .. ask away lol :)

You may want to first try nutri system or a bariatric diet. As previously mentioned the band is NOT a magic weight loss thing. I was banded on 6 23 and it is hard.

I understand there is no MAGIC when it comes to loosing weight, no magical pill or magical surgery. The only thing that makes you loose weight is less food and exercise:scared2: I've finally realized it. But if the band is going to help me and keep off the weight why not. From what I've read in here its a big help and that what we all need.