Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does everyone do for a living?

I'm like mlt45 - an education junkie. Have a degree in Computer Science, Marketing and Accounting. I'm a computer programmer (.asp, sql vb etc) at my 'Day Job' for a Fragrance manufacturer. I also have a Professional Long Arm quilting business (means I machine quilt other peoples quilts), Sell stuff on ebay (shady-wood) and take care of hubby. I build (& manage) websites for others, and in my 'spare' time try to work in the garden, make candles, paint signs or something else 'crafty'.

an owner of a summer cheerleading camp and a summer basketball camp. I also raise a couple of kids who I often want to exchange back at the hospital that they were all birthed at for three new ones!!! (now that I think I know what I am doing- I'd do a better job mothering ) only kidding I love them but teenagers area b*&%$!!! I still want to finish my degree in education ar some point which i put on hold to have kids....

Really I started a cheerleading program at the Y a couple of years ago, I had to shut it down, due to stress and no money. So how is the cheerleading camp business for you..we used to send our girls to Jamz summer camp, it was awesome!

Really I started a cheerleading program at the Y a couple of years ago, I had to shut it down, due to stress and no money. So how is the cheerleading camp business for you..we used to send our girls to Jamz summer camp, it was awesome!

I am a cheerleading coach for a Pop Warner program. I coach 7-9 yr olds. The kids are great and last year I lost 9 lbs with only the activity that comes from doing the cheers and routine with the girls over and over again, LOL. I didn't even change my eating habits. This year I hope to drop more with the activity and new eating habits.

I am a Special Ed teacher at a high school. My kids are not severely disabled, they just have learning abilities. I teach math and job skills. I also am a mommy of two beautiful little girls (age 5 and 1) and I coach club softball!

I am so glad to see lots of nurses, it makes me feel good about choosing this surgery. :)

I'm a pet groomer. My clients and their owners never were offended by my weight. I was growing out of the biggest grooming wear. That was a problem. I am back in my 3x now thank goodness

I was a trauma nurse for many, many years and retired about 5 years ago. I worked in the ER.

I'm an admissions counselor and alumni affairs coordinator for a Mathemtaics department. I love working at a university. The pay isn't great, but the students and faculty are wonderful.

Still, I am debating a career change to nursing.

I was a trauma nurse for many, many years and retired about 5 years ago. I worked in the ER.

My mom is an ER nurse, and has been for abut 30 years. She started out as an LPN, and just 4 years ago earned her RN license. I am so proud of her. That is one tough job.

I'm an HR Director. I had a substance abuse problem up until about five years ago and I feel like my life was spared so that it could have some meaning. Now I get to help our employees who are battling the pain of being human and I've never felt the need to be "anonymous" about my addiction.

However, because one of my roles also involves occasionally having to write up or even fire employees, I don't want anyone at work to know I'm a bandster. I've been through so much pain in being judged in my life, that the idea of a disgruntled employee saying, "What do you know, you can't even control what you eat?" is my worst nightmare.

It's been strange to not tell anyone at work where I've disappeared to for these few weeks and I know it has strained my friendship with one close coworker in particular, but I figure if you don't want people to know something, don't say anything. Maybe I just need some time to adjust to this new life and my blessings in being about to lose weight will be yet another thing I can humbly share with people who need to hear about it?

Hi Christine,

I too am in recovery from addiction.. I have 20 years of sobriety and I worked in the corporate world up until 8 years ago when I took a buyout and began working as a counselor helping others suffering from depression, mental illness and substance abuse.. I love what I do and I did not share about my lap band surgery with many people at work...Only the necessary people....I had been abstinent in OA for about 2 years and relapsed 10 years ago and did not share with anyone in AA of OA my lap band except a few close friends.

I am really grateful for my lap band surgery. I am down 20 pounds since 6/14/06 and now I only have to take 1 pill for my diabetes instead of 3...I feel wonderful physically and mentally...

Take care

Susan

You don't have to tell anyone about the surgery.

If someone asks you

What are you doing to lose all that weight?

Your response is simple and not lying.

I am eating smaller portions and eating healthy. I am also exercising and it is working great for me. That is it... Is it a lie?

No because you are eating healthy and exercising. They don't need to know that you have "The Band" I hope this helps.