Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Get-Up-And-Go has gone

I have been in a funk for awhile now, just coasting, or actually up a few pounds. Keep thinking of all I went through to get this surgery,and now I am letting it slide....

I can go for FREE to a fantastic fitness center, and haven't been there for 3 weeks, I am up almost 5 pounds from no exercise and feeding my face stuff I shouldn't be eating.

Couldn't figure out how it all turned bad, and then I realized. I have not been checking out lapbandtalk!! I get to feeling so alone and so low for not fighting more. It is sooo great to see that there are people in the same boat as me. I was feeling so down for not losing for about 5 or 6 weeks, and then went camping, and packed on 3 lbs, then 2 more at home...bleh.

Reading everyone else's comments makes me want to pick myself up and get back to the gym. I am going tomorrow.

Also have been doing quite a bit of the pb'ing, so not sure if I should go get another fill, or if I am just eating the wrong stuff and too much of it...

Does anyone have time to list a sample menu of what they are eating for me to judge if I am going about this wrong??? Please add amounts, too, if you can.

I need some help and I need it bad!!!:confused2:

Queen - You're such a sweetie. Thank you. It's great to see your posts again. Rhapsody. you too. Welcome back. I've missed all of you guys. This place is the one place I know everyone really understands what I'm going through right now.

Addjoy - I can send you a few days of my meals but they aren't perfect. They are working well for me right now though. Seems if I stay between 1000-1100 and keep it pretty balanced between Protein, carbs and fats I do well. I am really trying to eat healthy and the carbs and fats are mostly from healthy sources. Though I do admit to splurging on a dessert every day. I can't seem to break my ice cream habit. I keep it a small amount and try to make sure I balance the calories out. If I've been bad it has to be a low cal skinny cow kind of thing. If I've been really low on calories it's Tiramisu - mmmmmm. Check out the Clean eating threads here or Clean Eating Magazine and Eat Clean Diet stuff. I love that magazine so much I should get paid for advertising it - lmao.

Basics of my diet -

Breakfast - 4oz lite yogurt or Fage Total 0% with a few berries

-during the week I also have a large sf vanilla iced coffee from McDonalds

snack - 1/2 to 1 cup fruit or 2 tablespoons of hummus with about 5 soy crisps or mini rice cakes

lunch - pouch of tuna or some of the meat left over from dinner and some kind of veggie thing

Might snack of a few pieces of dried veggies or fruit, soy chips or something like that during the afternoon if I'm hungry

dinner is usually meat, veggies and good starch but in much smaller portion size than the rest of the family.

Dessert later on.

Keep in mind this isn't what my nutritionist recommends or the program from my doctor's office but my doctor is good with it since I'm doing well and it's healthy. Only part he wants me to get rid of is the dessert and wants no food after dinner. We'll see.

Edited by Ezma

I started riding the bus last week (the price of parking has gone sky high where I work) and gas is another story. It's about a half mile walk to the bus stop and another half mile from the end of the train ride to my office.:smile2: My Curves is on the same bus route as my house so I hop off the bus, work out and hop back on the bus to go home. I am averaging about 10,000 steps per day (about 5 miles) and my endurance has really increased. :) Yesterday afternoon I decided to walk to church for choir practice instead of driving. It is about 3.5 miles and it was a hot day but I made it.:crying: I only had to stop and rest once the whole trip. I think I'll try it again next week. I didn't have to walk home because DH came for the evening service and we drove home together. Best of all, when I measured at Curves on Saturday I had lost 6 inches, mostly on my hips, abdomen, and thighs.

Another plus, with what I am saving on parking and gas, I can buy new clothes.:rofl:

I started riding the bus last week (the price of parking has gone sky high where I work) and gas is another story. It's about a half mile walk to the bus stop and another half mile from the end of the train ride to my office.:smile2: My Curves is on the same bus route as my house so I hop off the bus, work out and hop back on the bus to go home. I am averaging about 10,000 steps per day (about 5 miles) and my endurance has really increased. :) Yesterday afternoon I decided to walk to church for choir practice instead of driving. It is about 3.5 miles and it was a hot day but I made it.:crying: I only had to stop and rest once the whole trip. I think I'll try it again next week. I didn't have to walk home because DH came for the evening service and we drove home together. Best of all, when I measured at Curves on Saturday I had lost 6 inches, mostly on my hips, abdomen, and thighs.

Another plus, with what I am saving on parking and gas, I can buy new clothes.:rofl:

That is so AWESOME! Makes me feel like a slug though :eek: I am slowing down on the exercise these days mostly because the kids are home and I am forever shuffling them to their activities or play dates and I am not getting enough ME time in. One more month and they will all 4 be at school this year!

That is so AWESOME! Makes me feel like a slug though :) I am slowing down on the exercise these days mostly because the kids are home and I am forever shuffling them to their activities or play dates and I am not getting enough ME time in. One more month and they will all 4 be at school this year!

I can't imagine you are going too slow with four kids to take care of. That sounds like a lot of exercise to me. Good luck, school comes soon.:smile2:

Free excercise....i hate going to a gym because i lose out on family time....we just joined our recc center in our county...250.00 for a family of four for 1 year!!!

but before that i have enjoyed walking in my building at lunch. i take the stairs one flight up and then walk that floor, and then the next flight of stairs up andthen walk that floor and so on ....you can add intensity by climbing 2 flights between floors...it ends up being like interval training for me....i also have the resistance bands that i can use for a weight lifting replacement...i like it most times although it's really all i can do now that the dang weather is soooo hot

amanda

hope it sparks an idea