Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when did you start solids?

I usually tell every one evey thing that I know. I am usually not secrective at ALL. Maybe I should because I will not be able to eat the way I used to and I don't know. I am afraid maybe people thinking I should have dieted instead of spending the money. I am just so worried about things all the time and didn't realize this and have taken meds upon meds trying to help nothing did to stop the eating. I show an eating disorder counselor for over a year and no it didn't help still gained weight. I really liked her though. I wonder if there is some out there that specializes in this? I am going to find out. I had a Slimfast this morning and I will see about other drinks. How many do you drink a day? I found out you are suppose to get 60 grams of Protein so that would mean 3 right? Thank you!

Hi Joiful,

If you a have hospital in your area that specializes in bariatric surgery, you can call them up and see if they have a support group meeting. Some of them have support groups dedicated to lap band patients. The groups can be encouraging, especially since there will be others that can relate to what you are going through.

I found a group today and they met the second Saturday of every month so I have them on my calender. I am also getting invited to met with a group from this board that are building a meeting group also.

Today was much better. Started out with having Protein and that really controlled my cravings all day. So now I know. The only problem I have now is taking pills whole. I can't stand them if they are ground up and put in apple sauce or juice. I am still not up to par I think with other people. Thanks for helping

I found a group today and they met the second Saturday of every month so I have them on my calender. I am also getting invited to met with a group from this board that are building a meeting group also.

Today was much better. Started out with having Protein and that really controlled my cravings all day. So now I know. The only problem I have now is taking pills whole. I can't stand them if they are ground up and put in apple sauce or juice. I am still not up to par I think with other people. Thanks for helping

Try just cutting them up and put in sugar free pudding... I was on 2 blood pressure meds to begin with - one was a sorta big I cut it into 3's and put in my pudding - the other one is tiny tab so had no problem taking that one whole.

But great NSV - I no longer take any blood pressure meds :redface:

Then after you put them in pudding did you chew the pills? Congrats on no meds. I see you even have started a posting for mentors that is awesome! I did sooooo much better today. Went with what you said on the Protein made a huge difference! Thank you so much!!

joiful, yes I read the Secret and it really does help to put your life in perspective. As far as slimfast goes, I've been buying the low carb version and it contains 20g of Protein.< /p>

Then after you put them in pudding did you chew the pills? Congrats on no meds. I see you even have started a posting for mentors that is awesome! I did sooooo much better today. Went with what you said on the Protein made a huge difference! Thank you so much!!

No joiful I didn't chew them I just let them go down with the pudding..

Thanks...

I am 4 weeks out and am wondering if it is too early to eat lettuce???? I am soooo craving a salad.

Ummmm ditto!!!! :thumbup: I am sure the answer is no :thumbs_down:

It depends on what your doc says - some pple at 4 weeks get regular food - but watch out for the dressing - that's always been my downfall..

I am glad I read this because I haven't been following the diet because I was able to swallow pills. Being able to swallow pills and having no restriction I had a waffle and then a bowl of ceral. Today I went and had some of a Big Mac. I have no feeling of being full, just very bloated from the gas of surgery that was on July 4th. Why don't I have any restriction even from what you are suppose to have from swelling?

im sorry, you ate a BIG MAC 4 days after surgery?

even pre-band, is that really a great food choice? im sorry if i am coming across harsh, but really. you have a life changing surgery and you eat a BIG MAC for Protein? were there no grilled chicken breasts available?

there are also tons of Protein shakes on the market. google them, you'll find tons. search for them here and you'll find tons.

come on! even if you had the most ignorant surgeon who gave no post op instructions, a big mac?

the post op diet is there to ensure your band heals properly and your stitches heal. its not to torture anyone.

SHOULD I TAKE OFF the post of WHAT I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM EATING BIG MACS BEFORE I WAS BANDED. I HADN'T HAD ONE IN YEARS. THE ICE CREAM AT NIGHT IS WHAT GOT ME SOOOO FAT! I haven't touched ice cream in 2 weeks! Yes, I made a stupid mistake that you are harping me on and I admitted that and have been extremely upset over it as some of my posts stated! I don't even hardly remeber eating it. I ate some of the meat and gave the rest to the DOG!!! If you check some of the calories in creams Soups they that don't have as much Protein and have more calories. I feel like I should never ever share again!

SHOULD I TAKE OFF the post of WHAT I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM EATING BIG MACS BEFORE I WAS BANDED. I HADN'T HAD ONE IN YEARS. THE ICE CREAM AT NIGHT IS WHAT GOT ME SOOOO FAT! I haven't touched ice cream in 2 weeks! Yes, I made a stupid mistake that you are harping me on and I admitted that and have been extremely upset over it as some of my posts stated! I don't even hardly remeber eating it. I ate some of the meat and gave the rest to the DOG!!! If you check some of the calories in creams Soups they that don't have as much Protein and have more calories. I feel like I should never ever share again!

Joiful

Don't get too pissed some time we just read the 1st post and reply and don't read futher and it's hard to beleive that you didn't get any kind of post op instructions - a lot of pple here go to Mexico and get banded and they are told to follow the same rules that most of us have to follow.

and yes us long time banders really can't understand why newbies do what they do... I know that I feel if I could go 10 days on soups so can everyone else - it's a matter of your band healing

We get pissed that so many pple don't follow their doc orders - we want you to be successful - we really do - it's just hard sometime to understand why some do what they do right after sugery...

You aren't alone - but like our mom's always said - just cuz your freind jumps off the brigde are your going to follow -

You now know what you should be doing - and are doing it - Proud of you for that - Don't be afraid to share - but do know that from some of us you are going to get tough band love..

Alot of us are very strict when it comes to the rules

I am lying in my bed crying over some comment from a person who doesn't even know me. How stupid!

She may be a long time bander but if you read her blog she has not been perfect.

She shouldn't make a comment like that until she has read the whole thread. Now I feel like I comitted band murder and never can recover from it.

I am lying in my bed crying over some comment from a person who doesn't even know me. How stupid!

She may be a long time bander but if you read her blog she has not been perfect.

She shouldn't make a comment like that until she has read the whole thread. Now I feel like I comitted band murder and never can recover from it.

Ok -it's time to put on your big girl panties - don't be crying - just pull up the boot straps and move forward ...

It sounds like you didn't eat the whole darn thing so you should be ok (but again I am not a doctor) but from what I have read those who did eat and went to their doc's their bands had not slipped - so relax - I think that you are just a little stressed right now - it's hard to give up food and take critiziam at the same time ... Just chill - follow the rules

Hugs - get some sleep you will feel better in the morning...