Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wasting money peoples!

I need to quit buying the same portions of food I bought before. when going out. I am just wasting it. when will I learn.

I need a good swift kick in the butt if I order food that says "HEY you cant eat all that!"

Sometimes I take it home but I dont really like leftovers much they taste funny to me..

I need to start looking at the kids menus ..lol

I do the same thing. It's frustrating!! And it doesn't help that my slightly overweight AND diabetic husband picks at my plate cuz I leave so much behind!!! ugh

I also felt like I was wasting money, but I have learned to like leftovers and now feel like I am saving money. Most meals that I buy in a resturaunt are enough for three meals. I have started to eat dinner foods for Breakfast as they are usually Protein rich.

Now I feel like I am using money wisely and allowing my family to eat out at least once a week.

Yeah this gets me into trouble because I still like to order big like I used to. Because of my addiction to food and overeating, I'm always afraid I won't be full or my order won't be enough food. Then because I don't want to waste my money, I will force myself to eat more than I should and I know this is soooo wrong being a bandster. I really need to get this in check!

My big frustration is that the kids menu isn't ever anything good. All the good stuff is on the adult menu so there really is no choice but to order a big portion. I wish there were more salad bars around my area but the ones there are have lettuce, potato salad, macaroni salad, and Jello. Not really friendly either. grrrrr

I'm not big on left overs but my ds has started liking them more and more.

Try just ordering a side order or a cup of Soup for a meal. It is hard when other people are ordering big meals, but I eat my soup and occasionally pick off my son's plate. My daughter and I plan to split an entree when we go out.

you are not alone! i do it too. i just threw away some left overs that have been in the fridge all week. sometimes i eat them or sometimes my son does, but most of the time they go to waste. i also agree kids meals are usually junk and nothing that i want. i also realized i waste money when i buy clothes. i hate trying on clothes at the store and i keep buying clothes that are too big! ugh

food For Thought:

Isn't it better to 'waste' a little money now, than to pay for expensive prescriptions later for all those meds you would need if you didn't get banded?

Tell them you have a stomach condition and can only eat a 1/2 portion. Most better restaurants will accommodate you. Then you'll still have too much, but you can better resist.

I like to push my portion to one side of the plate. No taking any more. It's hard, but you'll learn how to do it. Especially when your band is adjusted properly. You won't want to risk feeling ill!

Good luck on your journey to a healthier you! Hang in there!

Katja

I ususally either order a cup of Soup or order a regular entree and take home the leftovers. I'll ocasionally order off of the kids menu but most of the time the kids menu is filled with crappy deep fried foods. I have found that my stomach doesn't handle fried foods very good anymore so I try to steer clear of it.

If I am somewhere that has a good side item menu, I'll just order something from that (like a sweet potato, corn on the cob, steamed veggies, etc.). That way I'm not wasting money.

I am hoping I can avoid this since I have a 6 year old, I can just order an adult plate and split it with her. :)

I know I have said more then once " I will NEVER get used to this" when seeing all the food I take home from eating out. I have gone to just ordering a hardy Soup. The VERY funny not funny thing about all this is my hubby had taken to eating up a lot of my left overs. The last time I saw my surgeon we were talking about it and he looked at hubby and said "umm don't let her losing weight make you gain it" My hubby took the point and has become more aware ( he likes my surgeon but really don't want to be a patient)

Laurinda,

My hubby was falling into that trap too. He's already overweight and surely doesn't need anymore! Good that you guys caught it early.

Throwing away a little food won't send us to hades. Our parents had it rough and didn't waste even a mouthful ..... and look where it got us all!

Katja

I always order Water now. It is too hard to explain why I don't order anything liquid. I thought of splitting the meal but we dont like the same thing. I do share with my son and the last time I ordered a full meal I asked for a box at the same time and put 1/2 to 3/4 in it when the meal came out.

My hubby has put on about 20 lbs since I was banded....because we've SPLIT meals out for many years and now instead of eating my "half" I eat about 1/8th what I used to and he's been just mindlessly polishing off the remainder.

Last night we went out with some friends and ended up at opposite ends of the table. I passed a small salad plate down to him to put my food on -- he was putting piece after piece of fajita meat on it, all the while chatting with the guys. I said, "HEY! who do you think is gonna eat all of that?" It took hime a while to get it - "Just give me ONE strip of beef and one strip of chicken and do something with the rest of that!"

My big frustration is that the kids menu isn't ever anything good. All the good stuff is on the adult menu so there really is no choice but to order a big portion. I wish there were more salad bars around my area but the ones there are have lettuce, potato salad, macaroni salad, and Jello. Not really friendly either. grrrrr

I'm not big on left overs but my ds has started liking them more and more.

I think you aren't going to the right places then! Here if you ask they will substitute fries for fruit or veggies on the kids menu. Applebees, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel have good kid's menus and will sub.

If you do order off the adult menu ask them to bring a box with the meal. I do and it helps. But if you can't keep it cold until you can get it home you are throwing money out the window.

I often just order sides now such as potatoes, broccolli, fruit, ect. I then pick off DH plate. He doesn't mind at all. :)