Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 days away and nervous....

hey bandsters.

i am being banded july 22nd (!!!!) and i am SUPER excited.

but like most people, i am getting a little nervous as my date creeps closer...not about the surgery though, about post-op and the lifestyle changes and everything. i guess i just need some advice or guidence from someone who has actually been through it all.

my mom and i were talking today about after my surgery and while she is sooooo supportive, my mom kept saying things like, "do you think you will actually be able to loose the weight? & "what are your expectations?" & "are you really going to commit to it?" not that she thinks i won't be able to lose the weight, she just doesnt want me to fail again like i have a million times before. it just got me thinking...

i guess i just need to know that i am not the only one who thinks these things pre-op and that somehow we bandsters find our way...

i am just nervous....Lindsey

Hey there i was banded on wednesday the 25th . I can honestly say it is super hard at first but it gets easier. It comes off fast at first but it will slowdown i lost 16 lbs the first week . I have slown down some . But just keep with it and u will be fine.Just keep thinking to yourself that while all these people are eating all that food i am loosing weight and im going to look sexy .Lemme knowif u wanna chat . HAve fun and good luck .

hey bandsters.

i am being banded july 22nd (!!!!) and i am SUPER excited.

but like most people, i am getting a little nervous as my date creeps closer...not about the surgery though, about post-op and the lifestyle changes and everything. i guess i just need some advice or guidence from someone who has actually been through it all.

my mom and i were talking today about after my surgery and while she is sooooo supportive, my mom kept saying things like, "do you think you will actually be able to loose the weight? & "what are your expectations?" & "are you really going to commit to it?" not that she thinks i won't be able to lose the weight, she just doesnt want me to fail again like i have a million times before. it just got me thinking...

i guess i just need to know that i am not the only one who thinks these things pre-op and that somehow we bandsters find our way...

i am just nervous....Lindsey

hey their i am getting banded on the 21st july i am a little nervous currently on the pre op diet and it is getting easier get on the chat sights and talk to people thats how i am getting through it

susie

I was just banded on Thursday morning. The hospital was great, when I woke up in recovery I had pain, but the nurse gave me a shot in the iv and took the pain away. Absolutely nothing else was uncomfortable enough to mention. The sugar free popsicle on my tray tasted great!

I came home yesterday, and have followed instructions the best I can. Walk, sip, walk, sip, blow into the breathing thingie...

Every day I'm getting closer to a healthier sized me.

Good luck to you on your journey!

thank you all who responded!

i start the preop diet tomorrow and i know this is the first step towards a thinner, sexier, healther me! good luck to everyone! i am sooo excited to hear of everyones weight losses!!!!