Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

I completed my "Tour De Food" and started the pre-op diet. This thread has been very helpful and I wanted to jump in and tell everyone thank you for sharing this time in our lives. It's comforting to know there are others with the same thoughts, worries and excitement. Everything is on track, I’m ready for August 11.

Surgery4me!! Awesome for you! I go Monday the 4th of August started pre-op diet July 28th. I lost 3 lbs so far. I can't believe that it is only 11days until I get banded. Oh! and the most important financial part is that the insurance approved the procedure. I only have to pay $660 for the surgery and my $15 co pays for fills and check ups. I am so excited to take the next step. I just feel better knowing I am moving in the right direction.

Jill and Edel ---Can't wait to see you on the other side and hear your stories before I am banded on the 11th of August. Everyone Thank you and I will be thinking of you all as you are banded before me and after me.

Edited by jenbug

Hello Mary,

My surgery date is Sept. 8. We are about a month apart. You will have to fill me in with all the details, good and bad. We will have to support each other through this.

I live in NJ. I'm in Monmouth County. I'm having my surgery about an hour north from where I live. My husband is also having the band done in Sept. He is scheduled for the 25th of Sept. We are both excited to be starting our new life together.

How are you feeling as your date gets closer? Are you eating everything in site?

Talk to you soon,

hi all, hope you are all well and not to nervous.

is there anyone who is not allowed pain killers for 2 weeks pre op? as i am in that catergiory and joy of joys i got my period this morning so have been in agony all day. atleast it took my mind off friday, but i really did not want to e in surgery when i have my period :) o well, cant control it.

moan over!!!

Hey Keisha, You should call your Dr's office and ask them if there is anything you can take for your cramps and uncomfortableness. (Is that a word?) lol You might be able to take Tylenol.

Well anyway, I think we all feel that same way about the period thing with surgery. I think our nerves bring it on. Good luck on Friday. I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep me posted on your progress. Give me the details, details, details! lol

Talk to you soon,

Surgery4me great job. I am so looking forward to my date of the 7th. good luck.

I got a call from the surgeon's office this afternoon and they asked me to sign a permission slip so they can film the surgery and take photos of it for possible internet posting for the hospital. Hey I said sure. As long as you can't really recognize me LOL.

Anything to help others understand the surgery.

Hi Shamrockgirl! Looks like we are just a day apart. So, you are going to be famous eh?? That sounds like fun! It's crazy that we are just a week out from our date! It's going to be such a long 7 days! This is like being a kid and waiting for Santa to come! It's KILLING me! I'm still sticking to the pre-op diet pretty closely...even though I've already lost enough to satisfy the Doc. I figure if I have it in me to stick with it, why not? My goal is to be 15 puonds down by surgery. I'm hoping we can all start to share our successes and post how easy the surgery was for everyone!

hi all, hope you are all well and not to nervous.

is there anyone who is not allowed pain killers for 2 weeks pre op? as i am in that catergiory and joy of joys i got my period this morning so have been in agony all day. atleast it took my mind off friday, but i really did not want to e in surgery when i have my period :) o well, cant control it.

moan over!!!

Hi Keisha,

I think that is the rule for everyone. Nothing with NSAID pain reliever. I just met with the surgeon yesterday and he said Tylenol was ok...but you may want to check with your Doc just to make certain.

Best of luck, I hope the pain goes away soon!

Good Luck on Friday...make sure to fill us all in!

i wish id known about the tylenol, as ive not got any of that! might have to go look for that tommorrow, even though i will be sent home with both pain killers and antibiotics for a week. the pain has mostly gone now (it hits me for 6 hours and then im fine, but its evil). hope the pain from the op is no where near as bd, i hope it is going to be more like a dull ache. but will have to wait and see.

is everyone with their op on the 1st packed? im packing tomorrow afternoon i think, before going to a leaving party of someone from work.

i wish id known about the tylenol, as ive not got any of that! might have to go look for that tommorrow, even though i will be sent home with both pain killers and antibiotics for a week. the pain has mostly gone now (it hits me for 6 hours and then im fine, but its evil). hope the pain from the op is no where near as bd, i hope it is going to be more like a dull ache. but will have to wait and see.

is everyone with their op on the 1st packed? im packing tomorrow afternoon i think, before going to a leaving party of someone from work.

As for the pain...I had my gall bladder taken out a few years back and it was done laproscopically (no clue if I spelled that right!) I think it will be similar. It wasn't horrible, but I do remember that it felt like you did a zillion sit ups. Getting up and out of bed, or anything where you use your core is tough for a few days. I think the pain might be a little worse with the port site, but I'm still hoping that it's not intollerable. No matter what...it will be worth it! A few days of pain to rid ourselves of the years we've spent being overweight is WAY worth it!:)

My surgery is on Friday! Yikes! I am scared a bit, but I met with the surgeon yesterday and he was really nice. I just found out that instead of it being outpatient, my insurance is requiring me to stay overnight, so that sucks, but I made arrangements for my pets and everything will be fine.

I am also on my period, as well as recovering from a pretty serious upper respitory infection. Let me tell you how much easier my pre-surgery liquid diet is when you can't swallow anything at all!

I had not been told about the no pain meds before surgery. Bummer.

Wish me luck guys!

My surgery is on Friday! Yikes! I am scared a bit, but I met with the surgeon yesterday and he was really nice. I just found out that instead of it being outpatient, my insurance is requiring me to stay overnight, so that sucks, but I made arrangements for my pets and everything will be fine.

I am also on my period, as well as recovering from a pretty serious upper respitory infection. Let me tell you how much easier my pre-surgery liquid diet is when you can't swallow anything at all!

I had not been told about the no pain meds before surgery. Bummer.

Wish me luck guys!

Good luck! you are going to be great. I can't believe Monday is my big day. I am a bit nervous. I just keep thinking that this is a wonderful tool that will help me greatly enhance my life. I hope you feel better soon and will be thinking of you Friday!:thumbdown:

I was told the liquid diet was to make the liver more plyable to move out of the way to get to the stomach. How is your liquid diet going? I am starting mine tomorrow July 31st and surgery is Aug 14th