Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, everyone! I gor my lap-band last Monday, the 23rd...I've lost 11 pounds this past week, and I know it has alot to do with the liquid diet! Does anyone have any sugestions for any new liquid foods??? I'm done with Soup, pudding and jello! Luckily I live in MD, where the crab soup is THE BEST! But I've had SOOOO much of it! Can't wait to be able to eat something with a litle more substance! Best of luck to everyone!:lol:

Hi, everyone! I gor my lap-band last Monday, the 23rd...I've lost 11 pounds this past week, and I know it has alot to do with the liquid diet! Does anyone have any sugestions for any new liquid foods??? I'm done with Soup, pudding and jello! Luckily I live in MD, where the crab soup is THE BEST! But I've had SOOOO much of it! Can't wait to be able to eat something with a litle more substance! Best of luck to everyone!:lol:

I know it gets annoying and you want to just mow on something with a chew factor after awhile. It just depends on you because everyone's body or stomach handles the band differentely. I am at 3.5 of a fill and it is a good level for me as I start to feel the tight feeling after a few bites which flips a light switch on in my head and makes me put the fork down for awhile. I can sometimes eat salads and sometimes it a bad idea. I love to eat any kind of chili because it really makes you feel very full. Do you have a magic bullet because I just love mine. You can steam veggies and puree them into a mush to get down. Cottage cheese with canned peaches goes down well. I have always been able to eat chips so when I want a crunch I will eat baked lays or baked chips to get something chewy. Granola bars seem to go down well also and I like to have them in a yogart for Breakfast. Just be careful with the sugar in a lot of soft foods to make them taste better. Don't forget to really focus on the Protein and my favorite Protein Drink is Pure Protein which has 35grams a can and the Cookies and cream is a decent flavor. It is a good habit to get at least two cans a day if you can because the times I have lagged on the protein I have gotten very fatigued feeling and just very tired. You shop at the store so differently now and you really just have to do trial and error to see what goes down for you. It took about 5 weeks to heal and then I felt like I could eat anything until I got a fill so then you have to revert back into the soft mushies again. Good luck and welcome to bandhood!!

Hi,

Could you tell me where you get the Pure Protein that has 35 grms.

I had a terrible evening and into the am with left shoulder pain. I have decided after reading posts it was gas. I have to get serious about eating more carefully, and want to give my pouch alittle rest. Protein Drinks sound very good right now.

Hi! I was just banded last Thursday, the 26th. I, too, have lost about 11 pounds. Isn't it exciting! I am at the same stage as you where the thought of anymore chicken broth makes me nauseous. Today I got my favorite flavor of Crystal Light (actually Walmart's own brand -- in Cherry Limeade flavor) mixed it with Water and blended it with ice. It is so yummy and I am getting full on it! I am having a little problem with gas today as well. Hubby and I went to Luby's and he got whatever and I got a bowl of tortilla Soup (not used to only asking for a cup, yet). I told the little guy I wanted mostly broth and he gave me the strangest look. But, it sure did taste good! It may have caused the gas though so I guess i won't do that again. Good luck to you! :lol:

~Dana

217 at LB seminar

205 Pre-op

192 7/1/08

Crystal who did your surgery?? I am aiming for the first or second week of august adn am seeing dr singh at st agnes.

The left shoulder pain is definetly from gas. I have had my band for almost two years and I still get the shoulder pain that feels like someone is sticking a needle right in the middle of the shoulder joint. It comes and goes weeks at a time. If it starts up I take either liquid beano or gas x to try to prevent it before my meals. It is defintely from my band because I never had this type of pain before. My doctor does not know why I get it but it usually starts after I have a bad episode of a PB and I get irritated inside. You just have to start making the gas x a part of your daily ritual with your chewable Multivitamins and see if you feel a difference threw out your meals. Some things give you gas one day and not the next. Some days I can have a big bowl of chili (my favorite) and have no gas at all and others dying from the pain!!! It is a constant investigation with your body. I buy the Pure Protein from either Trader Joes (health food grocery) or Max Muscle store which is a Vitamin store. It is less expensive at Trader Joes. It is a good thing to sip when your having those days you just want to give your insides a break and have liquids but liquids that fill your belly. I usually have it at room temperature because then it is not so thick which can irrate your pouch because it will sit longer. Just make sure you contiously think to sip it because I still to this day try to gulp every once in awhile and if it is a thick substance at all it HURTS!! Then your light switch goes on and says slow down. It is amazing watching people eat now and how fast they shuvle it in. That is what I used to do. Now I have to really take my time and I have to make everyone wait for me to finish if we are at a restuarant. I usually just ask for a to go box so I can try and finish it later if I am not hurting. It is a big change!!! But I am getting used to it now. It really takes awhile. I totally understand when you say not used to ordering a cup and that seeming like a big meal!!! Weird but SO GREAT!!!!!! Food is not controlling me anymore!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Vikki

I never thought about looking for liquid beano. I will look around for that. Today we went to a pizza/italian place for a going away party. I ordered the minestrone Soup only to find out they didn't carry it anymore. I was so disappointed but the pizza and all surrounding me didn't even phase me. Before my band I would salivate and be so mad that I couldn't have it. Luckily, there was a Chinese place next door that my dear, sweet husband walked over and got me an Egg Drop Soup. It was great.