Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

YAY OREA!!!!!:(

Hey folks. I got a fill on Thursday. I lost 10lbs in the course of about 3 months. My appointment had been canceled twice. What I have learned from all of this is that if you aren't losing and can eat inordinate amouts of food get a fill! I almost feel a bit foolish that I didn't just get one. I'm not beating myself up about it, but I certainly had an a-ha moment. It's just funny how common sense flies out the window sometimes.

I had a fill scheduled for last Tuesday but all of a sudden a couple of days before I started feeling like I was getting more restriction so I canceled. Of course, by Wednesday I felt wide open again so I rescheduled it for next Tuesday.

Hey folks. I got a fill on Thursday. I lost 10lbs in the course of about 3 months. My appointment had been canceled twice. What I have learned from all of this is that if you aren't losing and can eat inordinate amouts of food get a fill! I almost feel a bit foolish that I didn't just get one. I'm not beating myself up about it, but I certainly had an a-ha moment. It's just funny how common sense flies out the window sometimes.

You are absolutely right, but keep in mind that 10 pounds in 3 months isn't far off the 1-2 pounds a week we bandsters average.

I had a fill scheduled for last Tuesday but all of a sudden a couple of days before I started feeling like I was getting more restriction so I canceled. Of course, by Wednesday I felt wide open again so I rescheduled it for next Tuesday.[/quot e]

Sounds so much like me. Last Sunday I felt so tight and got stuck. I was actually thinking about getting unfilled. By the next afternoon I felt loose again.

By waiting too long between fills I haven't properly acclimated myself to eating small bites, chewing and taking my time. I hope this new fill will get that back in check.

23_5_121.gif

100 pounds gone today! :wink::thumbup::o
I bet your walking on air!!! And you deserve it. WTG It's AMAZING. CONGRATS!!!

100 pounds gone today! :wink::thumbup::o

Orea! You go girl! I have not been on here in a while and look what happens. Congratulations on the 100 lbs. I need to stay in touch because my weight loss has completely stopped. I did start exercising again, so maybe I'll break the plateau.

Again, congratulations. You deserve this wonderful met goal!

Just so you realize, only 33 of that is post-band. You have lost almost twice what I have, in that time.

Make a commitment to yourself to stay on track until you get to goal. Nothing you can eat is as gratifying as a lower number on the scale. When faced with temptation, ask yourself: Am I trading what I really want, for what I want right now?

You can do this!

Good morning butterflies. Just a drive by to say hey! :party:

Hey, Donna.....pretty day in Houston. I think it is going to be a good week too. I plan on getting back to walking. I have been battling 3lbs for the last two weeks since my last fill. I lost it....then....I got a cold and haven't walked or exercised since. So, it is back again. I am back on the bandwagon, and I will have success this week!

It is gorgeous in Houston today. Sunny, blue skies. No humidity and temps in the 60s. Now if it could only stay this way until summer.

I have my fill scheduled tomorrow so I'm hoping that will kick off some weight loss. It seems for me I stall between fills. I will generally lose 6-10 lbs within 3 weeks of a fill and then I'll stall for a couple of weeks until I go get another one. That kind of formula can't go on much longer because at 4.5 in a 8 cc band, I think I'm very close to the sweet spot. The only thing left will be the exercise. I really, really got to get back into it. It will be much easier once summer hits and I can at least use the pool. I'm always a lot more active and energetic during the summer months.

Just so you realize, only 33 of that is post-band. You have lost almost twice what I have, in that time.

Make a commitment to yourself to stay on track until you get to goal. Nothing you can eat is as gratifying as a lower number on the scale. When faced with temptation, ask yourself: Am I trading what I really want, for what I want right now?

You can do this!

Thanks to the pep talk! I've been having some bad days with the band. I made a new commitment to exercise. Due to the economy they are cutting the hours on our civic center pool, closing it on Monday and it will be closed all summer. Water aerobics was one of the exercises I loved doing with a group of friends. Now it's back to the treadmill.

What else would you enjoy doing, that moves your body? My mom started belly dancing classes in her 70's and loved it!

Good for you Orea. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: You inspire me. I had a fill today. Only .3cc. My doctor is very conserative. His PA quite and the doctor gave me my fill. I thought he was going to kill me. Worse on I've ever had.

I've lost 60 lbs. so far but can't get my tickler to change. I must be doing something wrong. I'm waiting for another 10 to 15 lbs. before I go on a shopping trip. I'm between a 14 and 16 and nothing fits just right.