Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well it finally happened today...ONEDERLAND!!! I'm so freaking excited. I didn't know whether to cry or scream when I got on the scales this morning. I'm just so proud of myself b/c after having the complete unfill I was worried I'd be able to eat too much. This has really taught me that my eating habits have truly changed...small portions are plenty and they fill me up, it's great! I hope everyone is doing well and feeling better from all the sicknesses and overfills. Have a great evening everyone!

Woo Hoo!!! I'm so happy for you. That is such an exciting milestone to reach. Congrats!!

Hi! I hope everyone is feeling better, I know I am! Talk about a quick way to lose weight, 6lbs since Monday! I'm back to liquids mostly until surgery now.

Teach, Congratulations! I can't wait until I can say that.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Good for you! I lost 1 stinkin pound with my stomach flu and it was back the next day! GRRR Best wishes for a speedy recovery from surgery this time and no infections!!

Glad everyone is doing great

I honestly don't think im gonna get another fill for a long time. Im gonna see how i do without one. I have to fly in June back stateside and i worry that if im filled i will get to tight. Then what the heck am i gonna do on a 10 hr. flight LOL Plus i still have to fly again another 3 hrs to get to OK, then I fly up to michigan and back also. So gals wish me luck im gonna try this with no fill and see how i do. !

Army, you are braver than I!! Good luck to you with no fill. I just don't think I could go that long. I mean that's why I got the band because I couldn't do it on my own. Do you have any restriction with just the band and no fill? I am flying to Barcelona in May but don't think I am going to get unfilled or anything. From what I hear the tightness from flying doesn't happen to everyone and when it does it is temporary. Maybe that will keep me in check on my cruise! LOL Good luck to you!! I have wondered what one does with the band when one reaches goal, do you leave the fill? take it out? take some out? guess time will tell.

Guess our blizzard is gone and moved east. We have such a beautiful day today with the crisp white snow and deep blue sunny sky. this weekend almost 60 so it should melt fast. I do have a bit of spring fever not sure if it's because I want the warm weather or just want to wear my new clothes!!

Good evening. Where is everyone??

I just had to come post as I know awhile back there was discussion about the Ipex bra at Victoria's Secret. I bought one then and really liked it. Well, they are regularly $45 each (which I'd never pay) but right now on sale for 2 for $49. Can't remember who told me about them and who all liked them but thought I'd pass that along. I got 2, plus I had an email for $10 off a $50 purchase so I threw in a pair of sale panties for $3.99 and figure I still got $6 off my bras plus a pair of free panties.

Hi Long, I had bought one of VS sexy bras a while back. Now its getting too big (or I am shrinking..). I liked it and want to go get another one but now cant afford that. I spent $160 getting my hair colored and cut thursday. Going to try and get an updated pic posted.

Teach, congrats on wonderland! What a good feeling!

I was going to have a yard sale today but the weather didnt cooperate....cold and rainy, maybe sleet tonite, not as bad as farther north of us but i sure wish spring would get here and stay. So what I did instead...my daughter and I painted kitchen cupboards all day. My shoulder is killin me! At times I was laying on the counter painting under the top cabinets. I found myself doing crunches just to reach certain areas! 50 lbs ago no way could I have got so much done! We still have a lot do do, 2nd coat and maybe 3rd if it doesnt even out well. I am beat! Good night Junies!

Oh gosh Strike, I don't envy you at all, I HATE painting. Hope you get done soon.

Long, tell me what you like about the bra. I really need some new ones. Yesterday I ordered me a couple of pair of Spanx body shapers off of the Q.

lucy

Lucy, I like how it fits and feels. It offers great support and most of all I like how it looks under a tighter fitting Tshirt. It's sortta padded not a lot as I always stayed away from any padding being big enough there already and has extra padding in the nipple area. I wasn't so sold on it until I put a shirt on over it and saw the difference. Hope that helps.

Hey Junies, just checking in. I haven't been posting in here because my weight was just at a stand still...I just got my third fill this past week, and unlike my last 2 fills, I can't tell a difference at all in my restriction :eek: I don't even feel banded right now. I'm afraid something might be wrong with my band but my doctor said it looks fine. It's so hard to get in to see him and I can forget about trying to talk to him on the phone. I've been putting it off and off but I think I finally need to switch doctors. I'm going to see about the NYU program (Drs. Ren and Fielding).

I have to do something, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere and my current doctor's office makes it SO hard to get a fill. Their program focuses on nutrition and dieting more than actually using the band. Um, hello? Why did I get the band if I'm not supposed to take advantage of it? How am I supposed to only eat 5 oz. of food if I can't get a fill?

I just feel so frustrated right now. I'm going to try to post more with you folks because I really feel I need social support with this. My husband tries but it's hard for him to help me stay on track when I get miserable sometimes about not eating something or not drinking soda, and he just wants to make me happy.

Good news though, I started working out and I've done it everyday for the last week, going to keep at it :thumbup:

Good Morning Junies..

I just read through the weekend posts and looks like everyone had a busy weekend! Long, I am going to go buy one of those bras when I get to goal. I have had to buy a new bra every month my girls are shrinking away! I was a 44 dd when I started and now I am in a 38 D. I really don't want them to get any smaller! :thumbup: I have been working out like crazy and I am feeling really strong. I love running my hands down over my tummy and legs and feeling bones and muscles.. I know that's creepy right..lol. but it's so different to feel like a regular person. My hubby is also obsessed with my new body.. I swear I am going to end up with a broken bone :eek: He has been working out with me every day and as his muscles get bigger and I get smaller it is just becoming really interesting lol.

Angelyco- welcome back. I feel so bad for you that your doctor isn't helping you be successful with your band. If you could have lost weight without fills why in the world would you have gotten the band. His thinking is outrageous!! I hope you can change doc's so that you can get the fills you need. I can't even imagine how frustrated you are. I wish you much luck and keep us posted on how you are doing. Do you have any restriction at all? Have you gotten any fills? I am just totally flabbergasted that your doctor is thinking the way he his.. diet and nutrition bahhhh!!! Good luck!

Angel, sorry also to hear your dr. isn't real supportive. Sure diet and nutrition play into the band but if we could do it with that alone we wouldn't have gotten banded! I hope you are able to get in with the new dr. I've also heard of FillCenters USA are there any of those near by?

Allie, yep I'm a 38D too! Would like to stay where I am. I've not lost much more on top, I seem to lose from top down, just have those dang legs and calves to go!

One of the trainers at the rec center measured my body fat % today. But I have no idea if it's good, yet. She is going to email me the details. It's 28%, anyone know?? I think it was okay as she made comments each place she measured at how little fat I had in the calipers. Also she did my hip/waist ratio that was .80, good, bad???? I wish I knew what they used to be.

I took my new size 10 dress pants to my MIL's for her to hem them. They are longs and just a tad too long, I hate that. Regulars are always too short but longs are a tad long if I don't wear heels which I rarely do. You can bet I left the tags on them. LOL

Getting another snowstorm today, will it ever end? We hardly had snow all winter and are getting it all in a matter of a couple days. GRRRR I want spring.

Thanks guys :) It's not my doctor who is the problem--I love him, he's great and he totally understands about fills. It's his office staff that makes it so hard. He's never available to talk to on the phone so I have to deal with his secretaries and the lady who schedules the fills, and she's the one who gives me the hardest time. Plus, when I do call to schedule a fill, the appointment is 2-3 weeks away. What would happen if I had to have an unfill??

I have had 3 fills so far, I'm up to 4 cc in a 10? cc band. I did have restriction after the first two fills (but it only lasted 1 week and 3 weeks, respectively), but this time I don't feel any restriction at all.

I think there is a Fill Center USA about an hour away from me, but they don't take insurance (from what I researched) and there ARE several other LB surgeons in my area. It's just a matter of me getting around to have my files sent to one (which terrifies me--I'm afraid the program director will contact me asking if I'm switching to another doctor).

Most dr are hard to get a hold of via phone. When I schedule fills I have to wait 2 to 3 weeks as well. Sometimes if I ask to talk to the nurse that does the fills she gets me in earlier. As for unfills, they get you right in for those at my office. They are considered more urgent. since you like your surgeon so well, maybe a good discussion with him will help? Does he email? that's how I contact mine sometimes. I hope you get some resolution soon.

Good Morning Junies..

Angel.. 2-3 weeks is I think a great wait time. For my fills it's now a 6-8 week lead time before next available appt. I learned my lesson though, 2 fills ago I scheduled my next 4 fills then and there that way I had them booked. Since you aren't feeling any restriction maybe see if you can call and pre schedule 2-3 more fill appts.

Long- I hear ya on the pants issue. Long jeans fit me perfectly but long dress slacks are always a tad long unless I am wearing heels. I do have to say that I have broken out my heels. I love wearing them they make me feel sexy and powerful.. lol. with them on I am like 6'0! I have always loved being tall and when I was heavier heels just killed me and I thought I looked ridiculous. Now though I wear them as often as possible. lol. Oh and I am sooo sorry about the snow.. ughh that's crazy!

So I have been working out 5 days a week and it's crazy to say that I love it! It feels like dirty talk to even say that.. lol. I am ADDICTED to the elliptical. I can go on that thing forever! It is really nice to go with my hubby and he is constantly coming over and kissing me telling me how proud of me he is. It feels so awesome when he looks at me I can really see how proud he really is! It really pushes me to work harder. This lady who was working out next to me asked if we had just gotten married..she was shocked when I told her we have been married for over 18 years. It feels like we are newlyweds again though.

Have a great day Junies..

Oh Allie, that is great. I am so happy for you! I can feel how happy you are throuh your post. That is awesome. I really want to be addicted to exercise. That is something I need to work on.

I have been wearing some heels also. I'm short, 5'4", so I need all the help I can get!

I have been super busy with my pampered chef. I had a great party last night, but did not get in the bed until nearly 11:00, then back up this morning for my regular job :thumbdown:

I'm really tired. But I have my coffee :seeya:

Well, I hope everyone has a good day.

lucy

Boy, Allie, I sure would love to one day say I love exercise too. I still hate it, hate to sweat, etc. They say find something you love, well it doesn't exist! LOL But there are things that I hate less than others so it's a start.

Just got home from my volunteer stint at the hospital. It's so fun to watch all the pre op folks come in for their pre op class. They are so excited and scared all wrapped up in one. When I tell them I had the band they ask all sorts of questions, today several wanted to feel my port. And then when they ask how much I lost, they get real excited. Makes me feel good too!

I'm banded! Yeah!!!

Everything went great. I feel really good.

I told my surgeon if I had known I was supposed to feel this good, I would have rated my pain a lot higher the first time, and would have never left the hospital without insisting something was wrong that first day.

I stayed in the hospital overnight, and my surgeon wouldn't let me have anything but swabs for my mouth until I had an upper GI the next morning to be sure everything was ok.

She came down and supervised the upper GI, and it all looked great.

I feel great overall. I do have some nasty heartburn. I'm taking Pepcid Complete, hopefully it will resolve soon. Other than that, I'm not having much pain, I'm not even taking any medication during the day today. Although I'm starting to rethink that for now. ;-)

Lortab is our friend. ;-)

Always ;-)

Hunzi