Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Adam Kaplan - Wish you luck.

Yayayayay

Kdlee's surgery is monday WISH HER LUCK

GOOD LUCK HUN!!!!!!!!!

Hey Froggi. I just saw this thread today! I've got a little bit of head in the sand going on...:thumbup: Things are going pretty well. I go for my first fill this coming Monday. I'll let you know how it goes!

Did you find out about the fills. My last weigh in was Monday and I lost 9.5 lbs I am down 20.5 now :thumbup:

Dr Kaplan and I have a date tomorrow at Camden!! Been waiting for this forever it seems!! Will keep you updated!

Good luck!!!!

Hi All, I've had quite the rough road this past week, surgery was monday the 29th. I have vomited everything I take since surgery....so I am miserable...can't take my meds...they make me sick..etc. So now I am on 2 sips of a clear liquid every 30-45 minutes..and so far today (friday) I haven't been sick. Jeanne thinks that it is caused by the swelling around my band and once the swelling goes down I'll feel better. I tell ya, dry heaves are noooooooo fun....I was planning on going back to work full time on monday but I may go back 1/2 days next week...I am weak and light headed. Got my first shower today..I know ...yuck....and still had to have hubby right there in case I got light headed in there. Not hungry really....My cuts on my belly are starting to itch so they are healing nicely. Will give you all a better update later today...Thanks

I hope you get to feeling better. Thanks for letting us know what's up. :)

Nascarfan- I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time. :smile2: Maybe you should ask Jeannie if they can get you some Phenergan suppositories to help with the nausea since you can't swallow the pills. I haven't had any nausea or vomitting, so I don't have any experience to offer. I can't imagine how miserable you are. :crying:

I'm getting exciteddddd lol i want my approval already lol even though it gets sent in monday arg lol Lindsey told me it would prob take 2 weeks but I am hoping it takes 1. Either way Kaplan does put a fill during surgery right Kyla? I think that's what you told me and he uses all the band sizes just chooses based on stomach size during surgery. I'm so close yet so far away LOL

I'm getting exciteddddd lol i want my approval already lol even though it gets sent in monday arg lol Lindsey told me it would prob take 2 weeks but I am hoping it takes 1. Either way Kaplan does put a fill during surgery right Kyla? I think that's what you told me and he uses all the band sizes just chooses based on stomach size during surgery. I'm so close yet so far away LOL

I bet your super excited! I didn't think he put any fill in, but at my first fill, there was 2 or 3 cc's in there already. Yup, he'll decide what size abnd to put on you once he's in there. The next month will fly for you and you'll be on the 'other side'!!:tongue2:

I bet your super excited! I didn't think he put any fill in, but at my first fill, there was 2 or 3 cc's in there already. Yup, he'll decide what size abnd to put on you once he's in there. The next month will fly for you and you'll be on the 'other side'!!:tongue2:

I have no more appts until after approval so this 1 to 2 weeks is going to go sloooooow. Ugh. But yes I am excited. I hope he puts 3 cc's in mine at surgery too...does he do that for everyone?

yeah for Froggie. They are turning my moms papers in Monday also. I keep telling her she has got to get off the coffiene now and start working towards the preop diet. She has done the diet once but was turned down, not they are trying it again. It only took mine to go through in about a week. Bad thing was, they sent me the approval several days before they sent it to Dr.Kaplan and I had to wait until he got all the paper work before I could do anything. I was like calling the office daily to get it set up.

WVnascarfan. Sorry you are having such a rough time. I had A LOT of stomach pain and nausea after surgery also. Jeannie told me to try warm liquids. So I sipped on Hot tea and that actually helped. You may want to get some suppositories. I know they arent the most pleasant things in the world, but if you cant get the pill down, you should try that. I had a lot of dry heaving also. I know what you are going through. Take Care.

yeah for Froggie. They are turning my moms papers in Monday also. I keep telling her she has got to get off the coffiene now and start working towards the preop diet. She has done the diet once but was turned down, not they are trying it again. It only took mine to go through in about a week. Bad thing was, they sent me the approval several days before they sent it to Dr.Kaplan and I had to wait until he got all the paper work before I could do anything. I was like calling the office daily to get it set up.

Lindsey told me if I get a letter before them to just call and tell them and then we would set up my other appts. I could bring the letter with me so they could see before they got their letter. Why did your mother get turned down the first time? Is your mother planning on having the surgery around the first or 2nd week of November like me and does she come on here?

Well mom had 3 months of diabetic training and they thought they could get by with that for the 6 months diet and just add 3 months with lindsey. Well turns out you have to have 6 months of exercise documented also. So she was doing the diet in the diebetic clinic but not documenting exercise. Plus, I had 2 Chinichillas and they were where they treadmill is and due to her asthma, she was unable to walk on the treadmill with the chichillas. Turned out that I also became very allergic to them so I had to get rid of them :tt2:. Anyway, she just had to do 3 more months and hopefully they will approve it this time. She doesnt know when she is going to have it done, she is hoping this month or next month.

Oh I see. I'm all confused with the insurance now and I dunno what to do. :tt2: HELP ME :thumbup: