Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahem...very personal :)

Too bad it's not chocolate flavored.

mmmm chocolate semen LOL

oh yea, we have a good time in here.

"sh*t or get off the pot" for him!!! Kat

Kat, you are too funny! You are the only other person I have ever known to say that. My kids think it is the funniest saying ever!

I say that all the time! I got it from my mother. It must be a pretty old saying.

Shit or get off the pot. I said that today to him!!!:sad:

I have a strong personality, except when it comes to men, so I used my business personality on him today. I asked what kind of relationship did we have? He said very close friends. I said pretend you didn't know us and were looking in from the outside, then what, he said friends. Finally I said, that is where you are wrong. People look at us like a couple. I have to explain all the time we are friends, they don't believe me, not even my own parents. I use the phrase platonic husband to describe you because my own family is calling me a sucker for being in our friendship.

I floored him with that. I said I need a man in my life that WANTS me, and is my best friend. If its not you, then we need to pull back our "relationship". No wake up calls, no late nights over etc. He agreed. Now, I have to see if I can hold that up on my end.

Hell, I have gone through more emotional issues in the last few weeks, than in the last few years. I wasn't even thinking about the band, what I was eating etc.

So, I am not sure if I will be participating in this thread much more unless I do meet that guy I can practice my favorite thing on.:)

Good for you, Chrisann! I've been in that trap that you are in, where you get some (not all, but enough to get by) of your emotional needs met by the companionship of the platonic friend, and some (not all) of your physical needs met by the casual fling guy(s). Ultimately, it's a very lonely existance, as none of your needs are fully met. What's more, you invest so much time and energy into maintaining the friendship and playing with the flings, that you never seems to get around to finding what you really want and need - which is someone who will be best friend, lover, companion, PARTNER!

I've had to do the same lately - pull back on my emotional investment in a platonic friendship, to give myself the freedom to seek what I really want. It hasn't happened yet for me, but at least I've acknowledged that this is what I'm really looking for, instead of "getting by" with pieces of the package from different sources.

Good luck in your journey and remember - you deserve the full package, not a piecemeal life!

Yeah, what Fanny said! Plus, You never know what other guys might have glanced your way but mistook your "friend" for something more....Personally, I have never made a move on a girl that was "with" somebody (male) in a social setting. So maybe scaling back on the "friendship" might pave the way for somebody else. Anywho, hang in there Chrisann.

Chrisann, I totally agree. Make a profile on plentyoffish.com It's a free dating site and if nothing else, you can have fun posting on their forums.

There are probably lots of available men on there for you since you live in such a large area.

Chrisann, I totally agree. Make a profile on plentyoffish.com It's a free dating site and if nothing else, you can have fun posting on their forums.

There are probably lots of available men on there for you since you live in such a large area.

Thanks everyone for the support, I was so moody and weepy last night I went to bed early.

I will try the site, I never heard of it, but what the hell:confused:

Oh and went to the doctor this morning for my monthly visit, lost 4 more pounds, bringing me to 65 pounds down, and got .2cc's bringing me to 6.4cc's in a 10cc AP band. And the best thing, my BMI is under 40, 39.5!!!!

:mellow: YAY Chrisann! :wink_smile:

If it is any consolation, I met my husband of five years online. :thumbup:

It sure beats the hell out of going to the same old bars with the usual drunks and the "i bought you a beer now that entitles my to a roll in the hay mindset." Good luck to you sweetie.

I met my hubby of 9 years online too!

Good luck Chrisann. It can be hard being "out there", but you are worth SO MUCH more than what he was willing to invest in you. Keep us posted on how things are going!