Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

warning to everyone - oh yeah we had surgery!

OK so moron moment last night. Woke up around 1am. Went downstairs and got something to drink. Was a little peckish so grabbed a few tortilla chips not thinking. About the third one went down like broken glass and the pain was horrible because I couldn't do anything about it. I didn't throw up or anything but it was a sick feeling. I then ate popscicle to try to wash it down and sooth my scraped stomach.

I have been feeling great since Sunday and have a real spring in my step so I forgot anything was even done!

So I am proud of myself for giving up sodas and for sticking to the diet but still feel stupid for finding something so hard and scrapey to swallow. I doubt I did any real damage, I have my post-op tomorrow so I'll come clean.

In other news a couple of my incision are a bit puffy so I called and they said if they got worse to come in today but they seem ok so I will just wait until tomorrow.

So the point of my email is to don't get to feeling so well you forget we're still healing!

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your message. I was making dinner for my hubby and parents the other night and without even thinking about it, I popped a piece of romaine lettuce into my mouth while making the salad. Boy did I make a mistake!!! That sucker took 45 mins to get down and it hurt like hell!!! Evil lettuce! hahaha

Also, the other night, I had a piece of watermelon....now I know I'm not supposed to be having these things but I'm at about wit's end with this mushie diet already!!! My doctor's diet is alot stricter than most people's that I've read on here!!! 3rd and 4th week is only oatmeal, cottage and riccotta cheese and mashed potatoes!!!:tt1: So it's been really hard not to stray. Anyhow...I ended up having a major PB...I finally know what PB and SLIMING is...and it was gross!!! But I have to say, I did feel better afterwards. It just sucks cuz I love watermelon...and I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna want to have it again. I just hope I didn't do any damage to my band during my healing process. :tt1:

This band journey is gonna be one hell of a ride...

Good luck to you and hope you're feeling better!

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your message. I was making dinner for my hubby and parents the other night and without even thinking about it, I popped a piece of romaine lettuce into my mouth while making the salad. Boy did I make a mistake!!! That sucker took 45 mins to get down and it hurt like hell!!! Evil lettuce! hahaha

Also, the other night, I had a piece of watermelon....now I know I'm not supposed to be having these things but I'm at about wit's end with this mushie diet already!!! My doctor's diet is alot stricter than most people's that I've read on here!!! 3rd and 4th week is only oatmeal, cottage and riccotta cheese and mashed potatoes!!!:tt1: So it's been really hard not to stray. Anyhow...I ended up having a major PB...I finally know what PB and SLIMING is...and it was gross!!! But I have to say, I did feel better afterwards. It just sucks cuz I love watermelon...and I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna want to have it again. I just hope I didn't do any damage to my band during my healing process. :tt1:

This band journey is gonna be one hell of a ride...

Good luck to you and hope you're feeling better!

Gosh... you'd think watermelon would go down real easy :lol:

Greythope ~ I did the same this afternoon by eating a vanilla wafer and it is still stuck there. Live and learn! But now I'm wondering how going on the regular foods stage starting Monday is going to be??? Guess I'll have to chew, chew, chew, chew! Which I've been doing. I guess it will all be trial and error. And is probably why they advise you to only try one new food a day.

Oh and about your puffy incisions, do they itch? I ended up with an alergic reaction to the steristrips. Even though the strips are off now I still have a rash and all my incisions are puffy. I sure hope these heal up without scars. I had my gallbladder out a few years back and can't even see those incisions. I was assuming these would be the same, but now I'm not so sure.