Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes?!?!?!?

Ok I am going out to get some and I am able to go to Walmart, Walgreens, or CVS so can someone give me a name of some good ones. I never, ever have drank one so I need a good tasting one so I can stick to it!!!! Can someone help me out. I am not a fan of chocolate I like vanilla mostly and are there other flavors? Thanks so much!!!!

EAS brand is ok and slimfast optima strawberry is different. I am on my 4th day of liquids (pre-op) and chocolate and french vanilla were getting old. I read here, to put in blender with ice too for a different texture more like icecream plus adds to the volume.

I buy mine target, wal-mart, drugstores in the diet pill isle or buy Protein Bars and body builder powders.< /p>

good luck!

I really don't love Protein Shakes. I've tries quite a few. And then my chiropractor came to the rescue. He told me about a site where he orders his. So I figured what the heck and had him order me a sample pack. The vanilla and strawberry were typical Protein shakes - gritty, chalky, yucky - but the Dutch Chocolate...omg...to die for. I have been adding a banana and some Simply Jiff Peanut Butter to it. It's so good. The company name is Metagenics and it is the UltraMeal...yummmmmm

Ok I am going out to get some and I am able to go to Walmart, Walgreens, or CVS so can someone give me a name of some good ones. I never, ever have drank one so I need a good tasting one so I can stick to it!!!! Can someone help me out. I am not a fan of chocolate I like vanilla mostly and are there other flavors? Thanks so much!!!!

I tried MANY over the last 12 days; hated everyone.

Then started the unjury (advertised below on the site)... felt dumb because it's the one my surgeon gave me samples of and suggested to use... could have saved my self drama had I just done so ....

powders. The travel packets come 1 per unit; the canister has 17 servings of 1 scoop per container. I brought the individual travels, first; then ordered the canister's.

they came jiffy quick in mail...

I like the chocolate WITH MILK, not water!!!!!... with a tsp of chocolate syrup... dissolves completely... not "Protein taste"...

now my hubby has started to ask for me to make him one when I drink it too.... he has "15 lbs" to lose... :blink:

vanilla is fine also; I use flavor extracts to give it a taste

strawberry is more like a flavored drink... put it in a crystal light, but was way to sweet for me; someone suggested lemon flavor crystal light... I see why. don't think I will like that one...

chicken Soup my doctors assistant said was good but watch the temperature...of the Water or it will be terrible.

non-flavored has versatility too probably will really use with extracts

i put ice in the shakes, as said by others; i brought that small power blender (can't think of the name) and it sits on my counter now...as I have put away the toaster, the cookie jar and the chips...

so, as a new liquid Protein drinker, Unjury has allowed me to get in line with this liquid phase easier.

I too have been wondering about them. Alot of the gastric bypass patients here drink the Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks because of the high Protein. I just looked them up online and they are high calories too. I don't want a 600 calorie drink for breakfast!! The only Protein Shake I have ever had that I liked (that isn't chalky or gritty) is the ones from "The Firm". I still have a few in there, but I'm not sure they are high enough in protein as they should be.

My pre-op class was yesterday and they recommended Atkins Advantage shakes because is in low cal and high in Protein. A little expensive I think but I am on my first day and drank vanilla this morning. It was pretty good. I am already starved though!!!!