Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All February 2008 Bandsters Please Read This Thread!

As of June 25th, my 4 month Bandiversary, I have lost 24 stinkin' pounds. I have had 1 fill, 3ccs in a 10 cc band.

Ok girls, I need some moral support here. I want to impolitely stab my surgeon in the head with an ice pick about now. Yesterday I went, for what I assumed would be, my second fill and he wouldn't do it! He said I was losing around a pound a week, slow and steady wins the race, you're the tortoise not the hare, blah, blah, blah and I was honestly too stunned and defeated to argue with him about it. I did try to explain to him that the weight I've lost was all in the first 6 weeks and I've been GAINING weight for the last three but he wouldn't even listen to me. He just kept going by the average and said when people coerce him into fills they always come back begging to have saline removed in a couple of days.

:mad::):tt2::mad2::mad2::biggrin::cool2: I also told him that I can eat anything now, with no restriction whatsoever and he said, "Well, you come back in two months and if you've lost less than eight pounds I will CONSIDER a fill." At the rate I'm going, I will have gained all of my weight back by then! I am so freakin' depressed that I could give up.

Gibson, AHHHHH...how rediculas. I'd like to know if you're self pay? Is so, did the price include the surgery and the 1st year fills? This could explain it.

I'm self pay and that is how my doc does it. However, I was banded on FEB 28th and have had 2 fills. My last fill was June 12th...at that time he told me he'd see me in 6 weeks but if I needed a fill earlier just call. I'm going to DC on the 23rd of July so I'm waiting until i return. (just in case the fill is too much...don't want to be too far away from the doc)

Nevertheless, how can he base your progress on what someone else is doing. I wouldn't take no for an answer or i'd be searching around for another doc.

this is one reason this site is so good...others need to know what you're going through with this doc. good luck.

As of June 25th, my 4 month Bandiversary, I have lost 24 stinkin' pounds. I have had 1 fill, 3ccs in a 10 cc band.

Ok girls, I need some moral support here. I want to impolitely stab my surgeon in the head with an ice pick about now. Yesterday I went, for what I assumed would be, my second fill and he wouldn't do it! He said I was losing around a pound a week, slow and steady wins the race, you're the tortoise not the hare, blah, blah, blah and I was honestly too stunned and defeated to argue with him about it. I did try to explain to him that the weight I've lost was all in the first 6 weeks and I've been GAINING weight for the last three but he wouldn't even listen to me. He just kept going by the average and said when people coerce him into fills they always come back begging to have saline removed in a couple of days.

:eek::thumbup::eek::eek::mad2::biggrin::) I also told him that I can eat anything now, with no restriction whatsoever and he said, "Well, you come back in two months and if you've lost less than eight pounds I will CONSIDER a fill." At the rate I'm going, I will have gained all of my weight back by then! I am so freakin' depressed that I could give up.

Oh Gibson, I am so sorry your doctor is treating you this way. My doctor is the most conservative in this area but he fills ever 6-8 weeks and says you probably won't be at your sweet spot until you are at 4-6 fills at the minimum. He doesn't even weigh us until after the fill, just asks if we can eat bread, how long we are satisfied after a meal, etc. I didn't fit the mold because I am almost over tight at 3, but that isn't the point, you know your body and what you need. 8 lbs in two months is nothing, especially if you are hungry all the time. I would definitely look into other doctors in the area and at least get a consult. This one doesn't seem to be listening to you. You might also call your primary doctor and see if he/she has any pull with him. Slow and steady does win the race but at this rate you won't win for 10 years.

Good luck and hang in there!

Oh, Gibson, dump the bastard! You need a new doc that knows what the hell he's doing! We had surgery in the same month, and I had my 6th fill today, 7.6cc now, and I've NEVER gone in for an unfill. The guy's a douche.

I've only had 3 fills and it would be 4 if I hadn't had the kinked tubing surgery to throw me off schedule. I feel like my doctor is right in the middle as far as rate of fills. But Gibson, yours is the slowest I've seen yet. Hugs to you. Keep on working it. I know it's tough when you're getting no help from the band or your doctor.

Hi Ya Gibson , havnt seen your posting for a bit and I hate to hear the crap you are going thru to get a stinkin fill ... I am still doing sloooow but losing a bit ,,, I am at 7.5 in a 10cc band ... and think I do have enough restiction for now,,, Have you contacted a fill center??? they would definitly fill you .. My fill center lets you come back in a few days if the fill wasnt enough... and they dont try to talk you out of fills.....hang in there when you get this resolved you will really lose quickly..... Kathy

Guess I better chime in on this thread. Haven't been on this site in a while.

Anniversary date June 12, 4th fill, 5.8cc in a 10cc Realize band, have lost right at 27# for the 4th anniversary. Going for another fill this week, and am close to good restriction, I think.

July 7th was my 5th month anniversary. I have lost 74.5 lbs since my pre-op appt on January 9th so that is six months worth of weight loss. I think I've had four fills and have over 6.5 cc in a 10 cc band. Not sure exactly as he doesn't tell me. I went in yesterday for my check up and we decided I didn't need another fill. I lost 11 lbs last month and there have been several times when I got stuck momentarily while eating things like eggs and fish so he wants to wait and see if I'm just eating too fast and not chewing well enough or whether I'm too tight.

I am 25 lbs from goal but will have a Tummy Tuck after I lose another 8-10 lbs.

I was banded on 2/27/08 at Hershey Medical Center in PA. I had some complications :smile: so I haven't had any fills yet :scared2: but here's my stats...

As of June 27th, my 4 month Bandiversary, I have lost 37 pounds. I have had no fills and I don't know what size my band is.

I was banded on 2/27/08 at Hershey Medical Center in PA. I had some complications :redface: so I haven't had any fills yet :smile2: but here's my stats...

As of June 27th, my 4 month Bandiversary, I have lost 37 pounds. I have had no fills and I don't know what size my band is.

Wow! You're doing fantastic, especially with no fill.

As of June 19th, my 4 month Bandiversary, I have lost 32 pounds. I have had 3 fills, 8ccs in a 10 cc band. Current weight 227...need to excercize more...:0(

Hey everyone!!:wub:Good to see ALMOST everyone seems to be ok!!?? My 4 month was a loss of 42 pounds..2 fills with a total of 5.6 cc in a AP 12 band. Went in for another fill, doc put in 1cc and I couldn't eat, drink, sleep and was miserable so the following week he took 1/2 cc out and I go back in next week to try the 1/2 cc back in..I am at a humongous plateau right now and am ready for something to give:blush:! Nice to see you all posting! Great idea Gibson!! Sorry your doc is a jerk though!!:blink: You ought to charge him for the times he doesn't fill you!:angry:

Hello Everyone:

Since my surgery at the end of February Ihave had 3 fills and I have lost 40 lbs. My scale says 45, but I only record what the scale says at my fill doctor. I am sure that I could lose more, but my exercise routine is currently not consistent. However, I lose 8-10lbs a month, so i am not goign to compain.

Fills:

I found out that my doc had left in 2.0cc after surgery. (At my first fill the nurse drew back Fluid to see if there was any in the band and she was able to draw back 2.0 cc. I had 2.0 cc on my 2nd fill. On my third fill, they put in 2.0 cc. When I tried to swallow some Water before leaving the office I felt horrible, so they took out 1.0cc. So far i have 5.0 cc in a 10.0 cc band.

Congrats on everyone's successes.

At my 4 month anniversary (June 5th) I had lost 42 pounds. As you can see from my ticker, I gained too much of it back. I wish I had a good excuse, but I don't... Simply started eating bad stuff, pb'ing on stuff that was good for me, so ate junk that of course goes down just fine. I lost my way for a bit, but am back on track as of today. I forgot what a terrific tool this lapband forum is. I will return often as I know now this was a huge part in my early success. I have 5.5 cc's in a 10 cc band and have had 3 fills. I think I am going to call for another one. I believe I am pb'ing because I am eating too much.. I saw someone say that 6-9 bites should be enough...well, I was eating WAY more than that..:(

Just gotta pick myself up, dust myself off, and begin again. I expect better things at my 6 month anniversary!!! :unsure:

hi guys!

I have had a number of issues.

But I have conquered and I am back. I have yet another appt tomw and I hope I can finally get back on track and refilled.

I will post my story at a later date....

Nice to see the great results!!!

makes me kind of sad ...I could be on the same boat with you guys...jeez in wonderland even!

but it is what it wasn't my fault.

Glad to see you back, I have missed your bubbly personality.