Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell us about your summer NSVs

We are entering our first summer as the new us. I don't know about you guys but I am enjoying mine more. I think the fact that the board has dried up a bunch shows us that you all are too.

What wonderful things have you all been able to do this summer that you couldn't do last? Anything wonderful planned that you wouldn't have dreamed of last summer? Enjoying the world more? How has losing the 30+ pounds that we have each lost affected your enjoyment of summer?

Yesterday I walked on the beach of the lake....rolled up my shorts and just LOVED it. I wasn't self concious that someone would see my thighs....I just enjoyed my world. I bought a swimming suit that didn't cover shoulders and thighs. No skirt this year. I make it a point to go outside every day and enjoy the world. Last year this time I was dying because it was so darned hot and walking from one room to the other left me sweaty. 3 things there....walking doesn't make me sweaty, sweaty is a GOOD thing these days, and I'm not nearly as warm as I was with 50 more pounds of fat on me.

How about you all. Share!!!!

We spend winters in Arizona and summers in Washington. We went to our first northern barbecue Friday night and one of our summer neighbors said to us that his and his wife's dream was to look just like my dh and me! (he had been drinking before he said it, but I'm takin' it anyway . . .) I can do 15 miles a day on my bike now without any problem, and I feel great.

My 2 Summer NSV's in one

I started running three weeks ago.

Last week my ex was going to the US (everything is cheaper) and he offered to buy me some of those dryfit nike running shorts. Heasked me what size, I said "ladies medium"

Well I wore them yesterday and went for a 4k run!!

I am not sure what is more of a "rush" the running, or being able to tell people my real size with confidence

Well the best thing I did was walk 5+ miles at the US Open a couple weeks ago .. . I would never have made it to the first hole last year - even using a cane! and I FELT GREAT afterwards! ON the down side . . .I still don't make the best choices .. . which is why my weight is going no where right now . . . and even though I'm just about 60 lbs down . .. I'm still not down many sizes in clothing . . . I WAS able to wear a 2X (BEARLY) shirt on Friday when our office did it's community service . . . but I'll tell you . . .it was white with maroon lettering . . .and I had my D and DIL and me stretching it so it didn't look like it was sprayed on . . . but the point is - I've worked at this job 18 years, and this is the FIRST time I could wear a company shirt! Wahoo!

Chris

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been lurking though. I have been super busy with end of the year things at the school I work at. Just this past month, I put on an XL shirt and it wasn't bulging at the seams! That felt good. So, of course that led to me trying on every shirt in my closet...Fun! I have plenty of clothes to look forward to.

According to the scale, I haven't lost much, but I can see the difference in my clothes. As well as in my activity. I have become more active, I am now jogging a full mile, non-stop, and swimming another 45 minutes afterwards almost everyday. I guess the muscle conversion is making it's debut, but it still is awesome to feel this great.

Like Chris said, I am still having a hard time making the right choices, but I only have myself to blame on that one. The great thing is that I haven't gained, I have just leveled out or lost.

Keep up the great work everyone. I enjoy reading all about it!

Last Friday I chaperoned my daughter's summer camp trip to the Boston Children's Museum. I walked around the museum for FIVE hours and wasn't sore the next day!!!!! Granted, I was tired that night- but who wouldn't be?!? That was HUGE for me.

Also, I received some hand-me-down dresses from a relative. They are size 14/16W and I thought it was a cruel joke that she thought they would fit me. Well, guess what?!? One of them fits beautifully and the other is only a little tight!!!! That is AMAZING to me. I'm getting there I tell you! lol

And, finally, I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in 2-3 years. She didn't recognize me! I have to finally say "hi" using her name for her to really look at me and realize that she DID know me. That was really nice. :thumbup:

I wore a pair of shorts for the first time in 5 years. It was pretty scary haha.

LOL these are great everyone!

I am wearing necklases. because I have a neck not just a blob. lol

My head is held higher just because I want everyone to see my neck lol.

OH! and I have ankles! real ankles not cankles I stared at them the whole day at the Water park lol

My friends even commented on how my legs look better not all splochy. lol *happy dance*

Well the best thing I did was walk 5+ miles at the US Open a couple weeks ago .. . I would never have made it to the first hole last year - even using a cane! and I FELT GREAT afterwards! ON the down side . . .I still don't make the best choices .. . which is why my weight is going no where right now . . . and even though I'm just about 60 lbs down . .. I'm still not down many sizes in clothing . . . I WAS able to wear a 2X (BEARLY) shirt on Friday when our office did it's community service . . . but I'll tell you . . .it was white with maroon lettering . . .and I had my D and DIL and me stretching it so it didn't look like it was sprayed on . . . but the point is - I've worked at this job 18 years, and this is the FIRST time I could wear a company shirt! Wahoo!

Chris

Next year you won't need this advice...but in the future, if it's a cotton shirt, wash it..when the cycle is done, stretch it, then hang it to dry. It should stretch easier without tearing at the seams. :tt1:

I am down about 59lbs and my NSV is that I bought two pairs of capri's and actually fit into size 14 petite slacks(with buttons and zippers and everything!!) NO elastic waist! In December I was in size 20 pants, with elastic waists!

Aimee

I had to buy a pair of jean shorts for the holiday weekend, so I went to Target and all they had were size 16, 22, 24 ad 26. Since I was pretty sure I am an 18 now I got VERY discouraged. BUT, I decided to try the 16 on anyways...ad GUESS WHAT?!? THEY FIT!!! I got VERY excited and jumped up and down in the fitting room. My 2 yr old didn't understand what was going on, but was happy for me and my 6 yr old will probably never want to go shopping with me again...BUT THEY FIT!!!!! :biggrin:

I'm taking couple dance lessons with hubby. I don't wear elastic waistbands anymore. I don't have to shop in plus sizes. I will get in a pool if front of others. I can stay under Water longer without continually floating to the top. I do bad things to my hubby, with a smile on my face and the light on. I let my hubby see me naked.

Hot Damn!

I have a Date. I am getting myself out their in the dating scene...it has been 4 1/2 years since I had a date. In the past month I have had 4...with 4 different guys. I am not settling.

On the 4th of July I walked in a 5k! I was in the middle of the pack too!

Then on the 7th I rewalked the course only I ran about 1/2 mile of it! How awesome is that!!!

Cerrin I'm so excited for you! The wonder that this weight loss has opened for all of us is amazing! And I agree....no settlin!!!! You're worthy of a great guy!