Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell us about your summer NSVs

This is a winter NSV, not a summer one, coz I'm on the upside down half of the world, hehe, but it gave me a thrill.

I WOWED my brother at bridge on Sunday. We play bridge every 2nd week, so he has been watching my progress and has been very supportive and complimentary all the way through. However, on Saturday, I went shopping for the first time since the operation (huge sale on at one of my favourite shops) and I bought a heap of stuff. I knew it was nice and I looked good but I truly wasn't expecting his reaction when I walked into the bridge club. His jaw dropped and he was just about speechless for ages - just kept saying "WOW!! You're looking so GOOD!!" Talk about an ego boost!

I think it was a combination of a really cute outfit in a colour that really suited me and wearing clothes that actually fitted nicely instead of hanging off all loose and sloppy. In case anyone is interested, the outfit was a pale pink long sleeved t-shirt with a built-in mock white blouse beneath (collar and cuffs), straightleg blue jeans and black boots. They were in an AUS size 18, which is 14 in US sizes, so I was doubly stoked about that bit, having come down from an AUS size 24-26 (US 20-22).

Yay for sweetheart brothers!

Yesterday a lady I have known for about 10 years, but only see occasionally didn't recognize me! I walked up to her and started talking to her like I do every other time I see her and she looked at me like I was nuts and said, "I'm sorry, but I can't place you." I was so shocked. I know I've changed in the last 7 months but THAT MUCH??? It was so cool!

Gah! I'm in a size 16 as of last night. I'm starting to feel a little bit better.

HOW WONDERFUL KATIEBUG! I'm still trying to be a consistent size 20 lol . . . but it's getting there. I've also decided I have my goal set way to high . . . I'm going to change it to be 160 . . . which will mean I have LESS than 100 lbs to lose finally! Wahoo!

You can always lose more once you get to your goal. Mine is set at 160lb but once I get there I might change my mind.

Way to go Fanny! How wonderful! now you need to post a few pics! Keep it going lady!

Chris

I've posted this in the main pics thread, but you did ask, so I thought I'd copy the post here:

Ok, I haven't posted pics before because my progress has been slow, but I can finally see a bit of a difference in my face.

Before at 275lb:

Startingpoint2.jpg

Now at 220lb (orange shirt is my "high visibility construction worker" uniform that I have to wear at work, else you wouldn't catch me dead in that colour!):

MeJuly0120080010.jpg

20-07-08-Argyle3.jpg20-07-08-Argyle1.jpg

I can definitely see it, & you look amazing! You're neck looks so much more defined. :thumbup:

Just don't look at the turkey neck thing that's happening! :thumbup: I'm loving that I'm losing the triple chin but I'm not so sure that the wrinkled neck is a good substitute - I've never had wrinkles before!! *cries*

PS: Ooops, forgot to say thanks for the compliments - appreciated :thumbdown:

Edited by Fanny Adams

Fanny!! You are looking terrific! Your progress has been right on target! 6-8 pounds a month....7 months gives you 42-56 pounds. Don't be even a little disappointed. You look spectacular. And the look on your face is so much happier!

Oh you are looking GREAT Fanny! and the wrinkly neck . . . mine did that . . . but now it's getting better . . . so there is still hope for that! AND . . . you CAN wear that orange and still look great! GREAT JOB!

Wow what a post...

Fanny that orange really compliments your skin tone, it makes your face so much brighter you might want to try a version of that color. You look fabulous.

Now what does NSV mean??? I am not real computer literate and don't know to many of the letter meanings.

Okay so, My summer fun will be in size 10 shorts WOW!!!!! i could not beleive they fit when I tried them on. I was Happy dancing in the fitting room. (only my bottoms are 10 my top is still a 16 due to the twin sisters not going anywhere)

I am going to go buy a bikini tomorrow for my Cancun vacation my husband is treating me to in 10 days. Scars or not I'm wearing it.

Edited by Ann D

Thanks Ann. NSV = Non scale Victory - a celebration of all those little things that come with losing weight, apart from seeing the numbers move on the scale (eg new clothes, being able to tie your shoe laces and breathe at the same time, etc). Size 10 eh? Whoohoo! Congrats! I'm sure that feels WONDERFUL!

Ok...so today I had to bring my car in for some body work. I'm pretty excited as it was beautiful for the first time in weeks. (no humidity, under 80!) I walked to the gym, worked out for 30 minutes, walked home (2.5 miles) and then used the treadmill for another 20 minutes after I got home. My real NSV isn't that I worked out as I do it regularly, it's that I actually JOGGED in public. I didn't do so for the entire way home, but in intervals, as I do on my treadmill. I have never felt comfortable doing it in public, which is why I bought my own treadmill. I know I still have a way to go with the weightloss, but I am finally feeling comfortable in my own skin---even if it hangs more than it should! :thumbup:

Now, if only I could find clothes that I like for summer to take to Aruba in October, I'd be ecstatic!!! I'm still battling between plus sizes and misses sizes for pants. Any suggestions for good places to buy a few skorts? The Avenue is too short (I'm 5'10") and Lane Bryant doesn't have any more.....(Why is it that everything seems short on me NOW? I never had this issue at size 22 or 24!) I'm worried this trip will be ruined, not from feeling lazy and like I don't want to participate, but because I don't have anything to wear! I don't mind spending money. I just want it to be worth it!!!! Ideas? Suggestions??

Hi all!

This is my first post on here, until now I have been an observer enjoying everyones stories and now I have my own!

I work part time at Torrid in my local mall (Columbia, SC) and after a shift I was trying on some clothes and being very pleased that I fit into a 1 (14/16) top! I was so estatic about that so I decided to be very brave and try on a pair of 18 jeans (its been a LONG time since that size has graced these hips) and they FIT! :thumbup:I squeeled so loud that my manager came running from the front of the store thinking something bad had happened! hehehe when I told her we both jumped for joy for me!

I am so happy I have made this life changing decision. I never would have pictured me enjoying the outdoors in the summer but I have lived it up so far and there is so much more to come! :thumbup: