Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 days post op

keving, thank you sooooo much for sharing your progress with us, I feel so relieved to see that you are managing to eat 'normal' food and even a glass of wine if you fancy one, after reading many posts on here I was beginning to believe that I would have to live off Protein shakes for the rest of my life if I have a band put in!! I know it might not turn out this way for me, everyone is different, but atleast there is hope!

Your results are amazing and attitude very inspiring!

Katie x

Hi Katie

Thanks for the kind comments, really appreciated, when are you thinking of getting a band fitted.

keving, thank you sooooo much for sharing your progress with us, I feel so relieved to see that you are managing to eat 'normal' food and even a glass of wine if you fancy one, after reading many posts on here I was beginning to believe that I would have to live off Protein shakes for the rest of my life if I have a band put in!! I know it might not turn out this way for me, everyone is different, but atleast there is hope!

Your results are amazing and attitude very inspiring!

Katie x

Hi keving, well I was planning to go off to Belgium in January, wanted to go sooner but would have to go alone if I did as my hubby has to sort out his passport, which should be sorted by Jan.

I had completely ruled out having the op here because I couldn't afford the prices and didn't want to wait on the NHS waiting list for 2 years. Maincat however told me that he only waited for six months for his op and that the waiting list in his area is now only three months, so I have made an appointment with my GP, will see what she says because from what I hear it is a bit of a postcode lottery.

If they say no then I'm off to Belgium in January!

:wink_smile:11 days post and toast whoop whoop

Im just 2 days post , but Im instructed to have liquids for a whole month , allowing time for everything to heal.

Im doing ok , feeling great , fluids going down ok , im walking , sipping & resting:thumbup:

U have done AMAZING there Kev . esp waiting so long for your first fill .

My follow up appointment is in 6 weeks , I will have my first fill then .

Its just a wonderful feeling not to be hungry eh :teeth_smile:

best wishes to u and keep us posted :biggrin:

Sas

well done you thats great weight loss im 3wks post op and can eat nearly everything! iv lost 20lbs but am now just maintaining that weight while waiting for fill but have been told this is normal just wish i wasnt so hunrgy but luckily love fruit so thats seeing me thru in the evenings

Hiya, good news on your weight loss so far, keep going.

I have no idea whats going on with me these past 2 days, I have had nothing but reflux, 4 incidents today alone. Think I might stay on Soups for a week.

Anyone know why, I am not doing anyhting different, no change in food, eating slowly. So no reason, the body is a weird thing.

Just wondering can u cause ur band to slip even before ur fill im 3wks post op and im really having one meal a day today i had 2potatoes and veg and a small bit of fish it was defo more than a cup full just wondering could i do damage eating that much? but i eat no more than 600cals a day just i like my dinner... keving sorry ur having such trouble maybe contact the doc see what might be causing the prob...

All seems to be ok today, no reflux so far. I think it might have somehting to do with me feeling like I have a cold, I sem to feel better today.

Anyone had this, feeling under the weather and had reflux more than normal?

well nearly 3 weeks in from my first fill and everything has slowed right down. I had a couple of days with lots of reflux and now very little restriction and the weight loss is virtually zero. Although I am finding it easy to maintain the weight I am currently at (15st 10lbs). So now looking forward to my next fill approx 5 weeks away. I f I can loss maybe another 3/4 lbs that would be great.

My expectations of maybe getting into the 14st something weight now seems so close.

I have gone from a 42 waist to a 34, I have gone from a 20 inch neck to a 17inch.

Will be starting to play rugby within the next 2 weeks, so all is really good.

I spoke with Dr Chris about playing rugby again and he said 2 of his patients are doing karate at a high level and wear no protection for thier ports. So I am going to give it a go, with this new lease of life.

Played my second game of rugby in as many weeks yesterday and although I am bruised all over and aching head to toe, I feel great as I thought after the op I would never get to play again.

I also reached a great goal today, I hit the 15st 5lb mark which gave me a BMI of 29.5 and am now overweight and no longer in the obese section under the BMI calculators, what a great feeling, I was down as morbidly obese, then I got into the obese section and now just overweight, how wonderful life is.

well, due my 2nd fill next Thursday with Dr Chris, really looking forward to it as I seem to have stabalised at just over 15st. Hopefully this will be my last fill as I have been told by my wife that I am becoming too skinny, so thats a mark for me, I have said that I want to reach 14st 10lbs and then stay at that weight for the forseeable future.

That would be a total loss of 90lbs = 6st 4lbs in 6 months so I would be estatic, my goal was to hity 15st and being 14st something was a dream. The last time I weighed 14st something I was 15.

So heres to next Thursday.

K

That is great news Kev, hope you get your 14st 10lb target :) but remember if you are playing rugby regularly again you will gain some muscle mass so this might now make the scales a less accurate tool for how your band is helping.

Besides got to leave a little bit for Mrs Kev to snuggle into :blink:

Hi,

I am getting so excited hearing all about your weight loss and the way you are managing with coping with food changes. This is encouraging as I am also going to be banded in December with Dr Chris and I can't wait. I wish it will be that easy for me.

Keep up with the great progress!!!

:blink:

had my 2nd fill yesterday, was advised only to have 1ml as I still have restriction and my weight loss has been excellent, in the words of Dr Chris's opo.

So, advice is not to have any more fills for the foreseeable future as I would become too skinny, nice words to hear, although I fill I am a long way from the end of this, my mind still wnats to eat quickly and my eyes still wants a large chicken kebab with chips from time to time, with loads of oninons and chilli sauce but I know I couldn''t.