Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trader Joe's

Okay so next week I will be in Arizona and want to stop off at Trader Joe's... for those of you that shop there what are the must have's???

I don't shop there much but I recently had some "Trader Joe's Authentic Carne Asada" and it was good! Really tender meat and easy to go down :rolleyes2:

Hi Paige,

I usually go to Trader Joe's every 2 to 3 weeks. But my #1 product to buy there is seasoned fish. The fish is usually in a vacuum seal packed and they have various types depending on what season we are in.

Please be aware each Trader Joe store is a little different because it sells products associated to your local region area. They also give out samples so you can try things before you buy them.

Below are some other items we usually get:

various Fruit drinks and also unsweetened drinks

Ginger Beer

Electrolyte Enhanced Water

chicken Burritos

Tempura vegetables

Refried Beans

Frozen pepper bells and vegetables

various organic produce

Vegan food

I also live next to “Stew Leonard’s” & “Whole Foods” and I love there organic products too.

My favorite thing is their Protein drink. I buy it in vanilla and chocolate. I put them in the refrigerator to make sure they are cold and then put them into my bullet. The vanilla flavored one, I add vanilla extract and cinammon or add some frozen raspberries or frozen banana. It makes a great morning Protein Drink.

I really like their sugar-free chocolate pudding. I don't even care that much for chocolate. I put a little non-fat whipped topping and it tastes really good to me.

I also bought last week a hummus type of dip but its made with Beans. Taste great! I eat it with baked pita chips.

Go up and down the isles and read the labels and you'll find all kind of interesting things that are not only reasonable in price but good for you.

I so wish we had Trader Joe's here in Florida. I am always hearing about the wonderful things they have and am so jealous of those of you that are able to shop there.

I get my chewable multi Vitamins there. They are very comparable to the bariatric ones. I just need to take a Calcium citrate supplement. And best part is they are under $6.

Also love there Tomato and roasted red pepper Soup, mediterranean hummus, frozen roasted veggies with balsamic sauce, frozen green Beans and cheeses. They used to have a wonderful bruschetta but I can't find it anymore.

Two other things I love but can't eat anymore are their store brand of honey greek yogurt and the Just Clusters granola.

I went back to Atlanta to visit family last weekend and loaded up on some things from Trader Joe's. They are wonderful bruschetta, tapenades, and other vegetable dippy things that are delicious. I also picked up some Thai sauces that would be great with chicken and/or fish.

Also love there Tomato and roasted red pepper Soup,

Ditto - best soup ever! Also, ok for the liquid pre-diet with my doc - 6 oz. a day. Best part of the day.

Trader Joe's has great prices on organics - milk, butter, juices, veggies, etc. and a great selection of interesting stuff. Plan to spend an hour your first visit but just don't take everything that looks good - you'll never eat it all.

Welcome in advance to smokin' hot AZ (unless you're in Flagstaff or Pinetop, then I'm just jealous) :blushing:

I'm still on liquids. Buy every kind of Soup they have . Anything with red pepper in the title is divine.

Hummus. I *swear* it's what gets me thru the day (thinned out a bit)

Tiny Ginger Cookies

Australian Licorice

Sprouted grain bread (from sprouted grains, not flour)

Kefir

I shopped there today and bought the pre cooked chicken-artichoke patties. I sure hope I can eat them after I'm healed up. Tender and lots of flavor.

Just get that frozen seafood mix that has calamari, shrimp, and scallops. All you have to do is throw some Cajun seasoning on it and it will rock your world. Plus, it is SO low calorie and high Protein. Ohhhhh yeah.

<3 Trader Joe's

I love their frozen bag of roasted vegetables in a balsamic sauce. :) Also, for a treat, the chocolate covered edamame is delicious - and it's Protein to boot!

The apple/squash Soup in the box is delicious. I live on these after a fill, or even for a snack. (the tomato/red pepper is delicious with some cheese sprinkled on it too).

Brenda