Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

I find it very hard to get all my Fiber in, even with supplements when I avoid cereal.... to get all my fiber in... here is what I do....

chewable Fiber supplements.... 2 tablets = 4g of fiber... I take it 3 times per day for a total of 12g of fiber

Start my day out with Go Lean Cereal (not the Go Lean Crunch).... it has 13g of Protein and 10g fiber for a total of 22g of fiber when combined with the above supplements....

Then I drink 1-2 South Beach Tide Me Over's in my water.... they each provide 5g of fiber... I try to get two in per day... that brings my total fiber up to 32g per day....

That doesn't include my veggies that I eat as well.... usually spinach sometime during the day.... So I estimate that I am at about 40g of fiber per day... which is ideal.... it just takes being aware of what you eat.... all of the fiber I take in is totally enjoyable and a mix of soluable and insoluable which is necessary as well. It's hard, but you just have to understand what you need and how to get it and make it a habit....

Also.... just from drinking the South Beach Tide Me Over's.... I put a packet in 32 ounces of Water as less than that is too sweet.... I get in 64oz of water just from that...... I try to hit 100oz though everyday. It's all hard, just be aware..... the protein of 70-90g per day seems pretty easy.... I just make sure what I eat has good amounts of protein.... the Go Lean is a good start with 13g.... then I eat a lot of tuna fish or canned turkey/chicken (they contain TONS of protein)... then a chunk of meat for dinner....

Hope this all helps... I love reading other people's ideas too!

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335+/292/175

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico self-pay

My doctor has told me not to eat celery and to eat primarily Protein. I do focus on protein, but I also eat salads and celery every chance I get! Each day, I try to eat either an Activia yogurt, a Liv-Active cottage cheese, celery or a salad, along with protein. I know it's not 100% protein, as my dear doctor would prefer, but it's necessary for me, at my "advanced" age to remain regular and healthy and feeling good, and still losing weight!

Nancy

I take it the South Beach Tide Me Over are low carb?

Looks like I am low carbing it again with you guys. I have watched my carbs closely since not "doing low carb", but I will be following a more strict low carb diet, so I will be checking in here again for ideas and support.

I posted this to another thread, but thought I would copy it here...

I talked to my doctor today about PS......I have 18 pounds of fat to lose before ps. She recommended that I eat strict low carb. The only exception is eating good carbs (oatmeal, Kashi cereal, low fat milk) prior to and after exercise. She suggested that I cut out fruit and processed foods all together. This is not forever,but just because I want to get these 18 pounds of fat off in the next 6 weeks. I am going to follow my eating and exercise regimen to a tee. DH is going to take a week off to be home with me. Looking at his work schedule, looks like we might try to schedule it October 24 (my bandiversary)! How cool is that. I have to see if my surgeon is available that day. She is going to put in a low profile port as well, since I have a "flippin" port. I am pretty pumped.

Hope this helps on the nutrition facts on the Tide Me Overs.... it's not the best form of fiber, but it has to do for me right now.... sorry for the large text...

Kammi

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 packet

Amount per ServingCalories 30Calories from Fat 0% Daily Value *Total Fat 0g0% Saturated Fat 0g0% Monounsaturated Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 0mg0%Sodium 20mg1%Potassium 0mg0%Total Carbohydrate 6g2% Dietary Fiber 5g20% Sugars 0gProtein 3g6%

Okay, so do you find this stuff over by the crystal light packets that you can put in Water? thanks for posting that!

Thanks, I always shop at Walmart too so I know right where to look now!

I am back doing low carb! I started yesterday, and man those cravings are aweful. I know I lose best on low carb and am having PS on Oct 24, so I will be low carbing it with you guys until then.

How is everyone doing???

Hello! I am newley banded (8/27) and tried to do just eating low cal and well that has not worked. I have not yet had a fill so that does not help, but I am one that seems to only loss on low carb. I had lost 85lbs last year doing it the wrong way (kimkins chicken only) and gained it all back and then decided I needed some help so I got the band. I have my first fill on the 6th of Oct and I can't wait! Anyway I am hoping to start LC today and hopfully get out of my stall I am in!

I was never able to find the Tide me OVer Protein packets to put in the Water. The only thing I saw was crystal light.

Hello! I am newley banded (8/27) and tried to do just eating low cal and well that has not worked. I have not yet had a fill so that does not help, but I am one that seems to only loss on low carb. I had lost 85lbs last year doing it the wrong way (kimkins chicken only) and gained it all back and then decided I needed some help so I got the band. I have my first fill on the 6th of Oct and I can't wait! Anyway I am hoping to start LC today and hopfully get out of my stall I am in!

Hi: What is your rush? If you follow the protocol of 3 oz hard Protein every 3 waking hours plus exercise, you will lose weight. The usual is 1-2 lbs per week, but I only loose 2 lbs per month. It all adds up.

My point is you got the band to help you live a normal lifestyle without dieting. My weighing the food and eating "hard" protein such as fish, chicken, beef etc. you not only should not be hungry but should also learn to know by eyeing the food if you have too much.

We all take off weight differently, but denying yourself and going back on the 'dieting kick' doesn't compute until you h ave at least tried what your doctor has said you should do. I suspect you were given a schedule of what to eat when.

After all that is said, my simple point is learn to eat healthy by smaller portions and better healthy choices and exercise.

Good luck in your jouney

Where are all the low carbers!! Let's revive this thread!! I AM IN KETOSIS!!! Sugar cravings are gone!! I will be doing low carb until my surgery on Oct 24!!

How is everyone else doing??