Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

Hey All!

I haven't had the time to post much but have been sticking to my low carb ways. I have been making a lot of recipes that are getting me through. I love this website for the awesome recipes

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Induction Menus

If you are not finding recipes that are good tasting this may be the site for you.

Yesterday Menus:

B: strawberry smoothie (1/4 cup heavy cream, 3/4 cup of Water, 4 frozen strawberries, 4 oz. strawberry lowfat/suger yogurt, 1 scoop vanilla 100% GNC whey Protein, 4 ice cubes)

S: Chipolte Peanuts

L: pizza made with zucchini crust, hamburg, onions, cheese and Tomato sauce. This was good.

D: Sausage & Cheese Quiche and Mock potato salad (made with cauliflower).

S: Cheesecake Fluff (heavy cream, cheesecake s/f Jello, cream cheese)

Todays Menus:

B: Strawberry Smoothie

S: Chipolte Peanuts

L: Sausage & Cheese Quiche and Mock potato salad

S: Kiddie cone at Plymouth waterfront

D: Mushroom Sausage & chicken Casserole, Zucchini Gratin

S: Cheesecake Fluff

I really believe that you need to ensure that you have planned ahead with your menus. I spent the last couple of evenings cooking these recipes so that I am prepared for the remainder of the week. I will always have something in the fridge to pull in an emergency.

Variety is key!

Keep up the great work everybody.

Cindy

hi everyone!

i hope you all are doing great! just wanted to check in...the scale is finally moving downward. i was at 243 on monday, and just this morning at 240.5. :lol: (awsome!)

i was reading the above post, and its so true, variety definitely is key!

(by the way, those meals sound de-lish!!!!)

especially when you're trying to adjust to a different life style and have to change your eating habits completely. :lol:

has anyone been to lowcarbluxury.com? it has a bunch of low-carb receipes. that site's become my new friend LOL!

Thanks for the link...new recipes are always welcome!! Congrats on the scale moving down for you!

I haven't been maintaing my low carb to well this week...I have been craving fruit, so I gave it to my body...the scale hasn't gone up, but it hasn't gone down either.

I found this great site ~~> Low Carb Cooking <~~ Lots of good recipes in there ... especially the crock pot ones, for those like me who hate to cook! :)

hollyberries, I think it was you who included this link to the Low Carb Enchilada Bake not too long ago?? THANK YOU!! I made that one evening last week and it was SO GOOD! Can't wait to make it again! :crying:

I know that the low-carb lifestyle isn't for everyone, and shouldn't be, but between the Band and low-carb, I've lost 70 pounds, and I love the lifestyle. I manage to make a low-carb version of whatever I'm craving - I have a 25-pound box of almond flour in the freezer. :)

I lost 40 pounds in a year with the Band and couldn't get my carcass any lower no matter what I did. My current weight, 174, is the lowest I've been since I was 19 (I'm 51). Let's just say that I'm low-carb for life.

Well, it seems to me that the only way to controll my eating is to stay low carb. The scale has been going up and down 5 lbs like a frigin yo-yo:cursing:. Does anyone else feel the diffrence in food control. I don't mean restriction but for instance if I eat low fat foods I feel continual hunger. If I eat low carb it really does keep me full for hours. When I fall off the low carb wagon it seems to take ages to get back on. But at least with the band I don't gain all my weight back right away like I use to pre-band. I am going for another fill towards the end of September and I hope that will help as well. I would so like to be in onederland soon.:biggrin:

cc

Yes, Doddie, there are carbs in everything but some things have way more than other things. green leafy veggies, asparagus, green Beans,

broccoli and cauliflower have way less than peas carrots or corn.

You can go online and read how many carbs are in things, or buy a book that has fat calorie and carb counts in foods. I lose the best

keeping my carb count at 30 or less per day. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I have been doing that but find there is such an array. About the only thing I have found out is that carbs turn to sugar which is a quick energy while Protein is slower acting. Sort of like an engine, stoke with carbs and keep running with protein. My clinic has me emphasizing protein as the bulk of my one cup. To eat protein first then the veggies leaves me guessing as to which ones. Thanks again, I will concentrate on the less starchy veggies.

You're welcome. the thing is starch and sugar turn into fat in out bodies if they aren't burned, so we really have no need for them unless we are going to run a marathon, lol Then we need carbs for fuel. If you eat Protein, the body has to burn fat for fuel if there aren't enough carbs.

I follow the Weight Watchers core program which is high Protein, fruits and vegies. The only free carbs I am allowed are brown rice, white and red potatoes, whole wheat Pasta. I get roughly 1700 calories a week extra for whatever I want. I am losing roughly 2-3 lbs per week. It unlimited protein, fruits and vegies.

Hi all

I was banded on 11th Aug 08 and i also suffer from PCOS so once i get pasted the 6 weeks of purree det i shall be following a low carb eating plan too. Its tge only way i'veever managed to control my weight in the past and i'm hoping that it will speed up the whole weightloss process for me.

Looking forward to reading your posts everyday for inspiration and support. Sam

Hi everyone... remember me? Sorry it's been so long since I've been around. Things have been very hectic these days with my son starting back and school, soccer, etc. Anyway, I'm doing great. I'm down 40 pounds since my band (1-1/2 months or so). My doctor was so thrilled when I went to my appointment. I had to convince him I hadn't had fill yet! LOL. Still doing the low carb thing and feeling good.

I hope you all are doing great. Can't wait to catch up.

SM

I need help! My name is Leslie and I am a carb addict.

I haven't lost any weight consistantly in a while. I think it's my carbs. I looked back at dailyplate and it was mostly carbs....mashed potatoes, Pasta, baked potatoes, white rice, brown rice...bad, bad, bad. It would be fine if I had other things to go along with that, but alas it's mostly carbs. I do get my Protein in, but need to up my dairy, fruits and veggies. I hate veggies. I'm like a little kid when it comes to those.

I'm joining up today to stick to a low-carb diet. I'm hoping it will make a difference in my energy and hunger. This is going to be tough for me, but I'm willing to give 100%.

Boy do we think alike, lol! I just PM'ed Renewed earlier today about trying low carb again. Like you, I haven't lost in a while either and I'm sick of it!!

I have done low carb in the past and been very successful with it. I stopped a while back because I was sick and tired of meat, lol. Well, I've barely lost anything since then.

I've upped my exercise tremendously since doing low carb. I've been running and my only concern is that I won't have enough energy to sustain my runs. Do any of you have problems with your energy level?

I'm thinking of doing strictly low carb most of the day, and maybe having a little bit of carbs before my runs. Maybe a bowl of oatmeal or something. Any thoughts?

I do that. I can't do my cardio in the morning unless I eat carbs. I eat a high Fiber Cereal because whole grains are not supposed to spike the blood sugar. Plus when I am totally low carb I am so constipated, that I can't take it!

Fiber one has come out with a new cereal that has 50% of the daily needs for fiber and it's not very high in calories.