Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

I like chicken dipped in spinach dip. Somebody on the board suggested that and it's really good.

I do so good low carbing and then I see chocolate and I can't resist it.

I get so mad at myself.

Renewd...been real busy this week and not being a good lowcarb dooby. Last Friday night we went out for dinner and had chili, onion rings and a brownie sundae...since then I have spiraled out of control....carbs are the devil. It just amazes me how much you can gain when you hope off the low carb wagon...I am up 5lbs. I hate it because it will take me another week to lose the 5 that I gained. Dang it!

I stayed low carb today:

B: eggs w/cream cheese and butter

L: chicken salad with celery, sharp cheddar cheese

S: almonds and peanuts

D: 1 1/2 Johnsonville Brats, peppers & onions

S: homemade whip cream

Not much Water but trying to get it in.

Have a great evening everyone!

Cindy

Good job getting back on Holly. It is so hard to get going again. Here's my day

B - oatmeal with butter and Splenda

L - cheese

D - chicken with brown rice, broccoli, carrots

S - strawberries dipped in homemade whipped cream sweatened with Splenda

I am back down to my weight before I went off low carb, so we will see from here!!

have a great weekend everybody!!

I went to a baseball game last night were my friends and family were eating EVERYTHING--nachos, pretzels, cotton candy, hot dogs, pizza, cracker jacks---you name it and somebody had it! Do you know what I had??? A low carb bar and some peanuts. I was so proud, and I got on the scales and it dropped a pound and half from yesterday!!! Woo Hoo!

Hey, btw, look at my ticker---I am no longer Morbidly Obese---Im "just" obese! HAHAHA! Woo Hoo!!

Edited by BonnieMcC

I'm still low carbing and again I am FRUSTRATED! The scales are not rewarding me at all. I don't get it sometimes. I had 1 meal... ONE... that I fell off the low carb plan and the result was I gained 2.5 pounds! GRRR!! I have been back at it for about a week again and I am still hanging on to that 2.5 pounds. Is that crazy or what?!?!? Makes me want to say the heck with it! Anyways.... I am going to just keep at it. Those pounds will go away eventually. I find eating like this to be a huge challenge most days, but I just want the weight gone. It needs to start falling off easier if I'm gonna keep this up! LOL

Hi, Renewed Hope:

I'm 30 days out from surgery today, and get my first eval & possible fill on Tuesday the 29th. I'm trying to stay in the 30-40 g carb range with total calories in the 1800 range, and seem to be moving down slowly. It would have been better if I hadn't gone ape on Tuesday. I had 3 vodka crystal lights, and then had a bag of popcorn!

All the women on this thread: It seems like your portions are so very small. Do women really have to have such small portions while they are low-carbing? I thought Atkins allowed larger portions. I don't mean to be pushy, just wondering if you can add more lean Protein. Thanks!

razor - as far as my portions go, I usually just eat the amount my band will allow. I have a pretty tight fill so getting in 1800 cal/day might be tough.

It is ridiculous how fast I gain too when I fall off the low carb wagon.

I gained 5 lbs last weekend from a family reunion where there was so much good food. I have been trying to be good this week and take

that 5 off but my bf brought over a huge cheese cake at the beginning of the week. I finally gave the rest of it to my daughter. I really needed it out of the house!

Weekends are always my downfall!

I like chicken dipped in spinach dip. Somebody on the board suggested that and it's really good.

I do so good low carbing and then I see chocolate and I can't resist it.

I get so mad at myself.

Thanks Denise!! I went back through the zillion pages of this thread and found the recipe! I also found a link that Holly posted with some low carb recipes! Thanks Holly, those all look yummy but I may attempt to make the recipes with less fattening items. Hopefully it will taste just as yummy as theirs looks!

Mamato, don't get discouraged! It will come back off! You look wonderfully beautiful in your new picture you posted!

I am trying to keep my carbs under 40, so far so good, I still have my one sinful thing a day with a sugar free Jello pudding!

Like Mamato, my portions are determined by my band. I am pretty tight as well.

I have found that I am not losing as fast, but I am starting to see the scales dropping the 6 pounds I gained when I added carbs. I am hoping that by adding some healthy carbs the fluctuations will balance out some. We'll see.

Hey everyone! Stuck to the low carb bandwagon today. Mamato3, I think that we need to keep a lot of variety in our low carb diet. It is hard for me some days because I literally have no idea what to make. Being prepared is the key. I try to plan my meals out as much as possible. I pack a cooler with all kinds of stuff and eat only when I am hungry. Finding the right combination of items is key but not easy.

That is why I like to see what others are eating because I need the variety.

Todays menu went this way:

B: Low Carb Slimfast shake...can't eat in the morning without Pbing.

S: 24 almonds

L: 1 Johnsonville Brat and 1/2 cup of green Beans

S: 2 oz. Sharp Cheddar

D: 2 cooked hamburg pattys with american cheese dipped in mayo and 1/2 cucumber

S: chocolate Creamcheese Fluff

I wanted something desserty tonight but didn't want to blow my day. So I created this recipe and wasn't sure how it was going to workout but it tasted great. It is just 4 oz of cream cheese (nuke in micro for 30 sec to soften) whip with 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and 5 splenda/equal. I cut this in half for a little snack tomorrow. It satisfied my desserty need tonight. It wasn't ice cream but it did the job.

Have a great night everyone!

Cindy a.k.a. Holly

You know what is really good but probably too fattening is either low carb slim fast or Atkins mixed with Jello sugar free pudding. It's hard not to eat all of it but there would be a lot of calories if you ate all of it at once.

and i didn't do so well as planned :mad2: i had this whole "stick to my guns" thing down here at home, but as soon as i landed, everything went out the window. i need to get back to my low carbing and exercising TOMORROW!!! guilt hasn't set in yet :)

i missed reading about everyone's daily routines, its good to be back!

I am on vaction in Florida with my family and on liquids (Banded July 16th) On Wednesday I can begin mushie food, but I want to stay low carb; any suggestions?

H199.6/S196/c184/G130:blink:

What are all you low carb bansters doing about Constipation. Last night I thought I was going to die.