Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

I am being extra good today. I didn't even bother to weigh myself this am. I had my kashi crunch Cereal for Breakfast, a Protein Bar for lunch, and I will have some chicken for dinner. I am so lazy, I don't even feel like fixing any veggies. I will more than likely have a sf fudgesicle too. Can't seem to make it through the day without one of those.

Thank you, Tigerlili. For myself, I have found it easier to keep everything out of my house that I cannot have....since I live alone, that works for me. If something comes up (a gift, for example) that is not on my low carb plan, I just thank the lovely giver and discreetly give it to another friend, who understands my struggle to stay with it. I go out with friends a lot. Usually, fish, steak or grilled shrimp are good choices for me. Leftovers make great Snacks, or even another meal. I do love the low carb, as it works so easily into my busy life.

Nancy

im still here, lol...trying to get back on track sice coming back from my "evil" vacation!!!

Hi everyone!

I just got my second fill yesterday.... I am up to 6ccs in my VG (11 ccs I think) band. I am pretty tight today! My first fill didn't do anything... which I expected... but POW! This one did.... I am contemplating going and getting a tad out, but tonight it is way better than it was yesterday and today.... I actually got a plate of (side order) of refried Beans and cheese down... after gagging on Water today.... so I may wait it out. I do see what restriction is now and how important it is to take small sips/bites and chew chew chew.... I lost 4 pounds since yesterday... but I am sure getting a little down will change that.... just thought I would share... I still haven't PB'd or slimed and hope I never will!

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335/298/180

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico

That's really good. Your fill will probably loosen on it's own.

I did fine today for a sat. I had my usual Kashi Crunch for breakfast, worked out and had some ham for lunch and some taco meat for dinner. I did eat some cherries as I feel the need for Fiber.

I hope the scale is nice to me in the morning.

im still here, lol...trying to get back on track sice coming back from my "evil" vacation!!!

I have an evil vacation planned for October! My husband, myself and a group of friends are all going to Jamaica for 6 days at an all inclusive resort! Talk about evil, all you can eat free food and free liquor...yikes.

I have a mini goal set to have lost 50 pounds by the time we go....we have 64 days so hopefully if I pick up my work out and keep an eye on my nutrition I will meet that goal!

How is your vacation recovery going??

Hi everyone!

I just got my second fill yesterday.... I am up to 6ccs in my VG (11 ccs I think) band. I am pretty tight today! My first fill didn't do anything... which I expected... but POW! This one did.... I am contemplating going and getting a tad out, but tonight it is way better than it was yesterday and today.... I actually got a plate of (side order) of refried Beans and cheese down... after gagging on Water today.... so I may wait it out. I do see what restriction is now and how important it is to take small sips/bites and chew chew chew.... I lost 4 pounds since yesterday... but I am sure getting a little down will change that.... just thought I would share... I still haven't PB'd or slimed and hope I never will!

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335/298/180

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico

Congrats on the restriction!! I know every doctor is different, after a fill my doctor has be do 2 days of Clear Liquids and then 2 days of full liquids before I attempt any real food again...I am noticing a lot of people go back to eating once they have a fill. Does your doctor have any special instructions like that? Do you fly back down to Mexico for your fills or use a fill center in your area?

I had a problem with "sliming" and PB's last week, both times happened with my breakfast meal, which is usually several hours after I wake up and have had a Protein Shake and they both involved some form of eggs which is really strange since I had been eating hard boiled eggs and omelets for the last 2 weeks with no problems. I do not like that feeling...blah:crying:

Congrats on the restriction!! I know every doctor is different, after a fill my doctor has be do 2 days of clear liquids and then 2 days of full liquids before I attempt any real food again...I am noticing a lot of people go back to eating once they have a fill. Does your doctor have any special instructions like that? Do you fly back down to Mexico for your fills or use a fill center in your area?

I had a problem with "sliming" and PB's last week, both times happened with my breakfast meal, which is usually several hours after I wake up and have had a Protein Shake and they both involved some form of eggs which is really strange since I had been eating hard boiled eggs and omelets for the last 2 weeks with no problems. I do not like that feeling...blah:crying:

I have a local fill center... I did a day of liquids and a day of mushies... I didn't actually eat or drink much the day of and after my fill.... I have more restriction in the morning and when I start each meal... but I sometimes am doing better with more solid food than liquids... it's really strange. I haven't PBd or slimed, although a few times when something was stuck, I forced a burp up and some slimy stuff came out then I was able to eat more comfortably. I have the same restriction as the day of the fill.... maybe it will loosen up, but the weight has dropped 4 pounds in 4 days so I am not complaining and I am not hungry... eating 1 to

1-1/2 cups of food and even got down some chicken last night.... so I think I am going to ride this little bit of tightness out... it's a good reminder to eat tiny bites and chew chew chew... if I get that stuck, uncomfortable feeling, I just ride it out, it takes 3-4 minutes... then I eat fine without any issues for the rest of the meal. It's a new experience!

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335/296/ 180

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico

People usually are tighter in the morning. The band reacts to hydration. I have been told we get slightly dehydrated while we are sleeping. I always start my day with a glass of warm Water. Warm opens the band.

I was good all day. I am going to have ice cream tonight. My bf wanted some so I told him to buy the smallest container he could find. I am having meat loaf and broccoli for dinner and some ice cream later. I am happy that I lost all the weight I gained a couple of weekends ago and I am back to being 5 lbs under goal. I LOVE my band!

I have an evil vacation planned for October! My husband, myself and a group of friends are all going to Jamaica for 6 days at an all inclusive resort! Talk about evil, all you can eat free food and free liquor...yikes.

I have a mini goal set to have lost 50 pounds by the time we go....we have 64 days so hopefully if I pick up my work out and keep an eye on my nutrition I will meet that goal!

How is your vacation recovery going??

geesh:confused_smile: trying to get back in the exercise routine and taking away the carbs! i'm about a pound and a half away from 243. i thought i was going to be hard on myself for "goofing" but im doing okay; i'm human and will make these mistakes (not often i hope!), at least i got back on the path as soon as i landed!!! :smile:

i've never been to jamaica; i bet you all will have a fabulous time!! :wub:

geesh:confused_smile: trying to get back in the exercise routine and taking away the carbs! i'm about a pound and a half away from 243. i thought i was going to be hard on myself for "goofing" but im doing okay; i'm human and will make these mistakes (not often i hope!), at least i got back on the path as soon as i landed!!! :thumbup:

i've never been to jamaica; i bet you all will have a fabulous time!! :wub:

Hi Kiki

You are doing wonderful! That is one of the advantages of having the band, we can indulge on special occasions but it will not let us over do it like we use to and got us in the situation we were in before we had our band! I decided to start bike riding this week for exercise, my tailbone is paying the price, I need to get about 10 gel seats and stack them on top of one another! I also ordered that Zumba workout, hopefully that will help me on the rainy days.

Hi Lowcarbers

There is a great low carb website online www.kimkins.com. It is rather radical but good information. I have gone back to it for help lowcarbing with band. Once you pay initiation fee there is never another charge. (I don't work for them). One receipe that I remembered is about low carb enchiladas or like soft tacos. They make the taco with egg whites. Egg whites in a small fry pay. Spray oil, dump egg whites,when cooked, fill with whatever you want. I just had one with turkey, cheese and a little picante sauce. It's great. I am a slow loser, so I am really trying to get back to low carb. It has always helped me lose before, but now the band will help keet it off. I am glad I found this thread.:biggrin2:

Vickie

Guest Leslie2Lose

I need help! My name is Leslie and I am a carb addict.

I haven't lost any weight consistantly in a while. I think it's my carbs. I looked back at dailyplate and it was mostly carbs....mashed potatoes, Pasta, baked potatoes, white rice, brown rice...bad, bad, bad. It would be fine if I had other things to go along with that, but alas it's mostly carbs. I do get my Protein in, but need to up my dairy, fruits and veggies. I hate veggies. I'm like a little kid when it comes to those.

I'm joining up today to stick to a low-carb diet. I'm hoping it will make a difference in my energy and hunger. This is going to be tough for me, but I'm willing to give 100%.

hi Leslie, If you are just starting low carb, stay away from dairy and fruits. Fruits later can be strawberrys and blueberrys, but not for first couple of weeks. I eat mostly meat, really chicken and fish, some light cheeses, veggies. Nothing white, except cauliflower. No rice, no bread, no flour. Sounds boring, but I can see my weight moving downward again. yeaaa