Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tolerable/Intolerable foods?

I haven't had my first fill yet, but my doctor put 1.5 cc in during surgery and with certain foods, I can definitely tell.

Any bread, french fries, and rice cause major pain. I try to avoid meats that tend to be dry when cooked like white chicken and pork, although I will try the chicken in small bites sometimes if it isn't obviously dry when I cut it. I absent mindedly plucked a piece of broccoli out of a plate of Chinese food and popped it into my mouth the other night and that was a mistake for sure. The top part went down fine, but the stalk had to come back up! My list is still growing and will continue to once I'm filled I'm sure.

I can eat whatever I want, but I've only had one tiny tiny fill so far and I can tell that its not working at all lol. I'm eating slightly smaller portions, but nothing really noticeable. Either something is wrong with my band (hopefully not), or its the fills that really make a difference in how much you can eat and how full you stay. I chew well and eat slower, I was being really really cautious at first, but once I noticed I have no restriction I eat the same foods I did pre-band pretty much, just less of it, although I'm pretty picky, all I really eat is chicken, Soup, cheese and crackers, and sometimes things like mac n cheese and spagettios, I don't think many people have problems with most of these foods.

Well, since the last fill.. NO eggs and no Jello. I really didn't eat either much, usually after a fill only during liquid/mushie stages, but this time... NEITHER! Thank goodness for chicken broth! I've eased up some and am back on regular food, but I feel like I did right after surgery. WOOHOO!! :thumbup:

I think alot of what you can and can't eat is relative to how MUCH you'd like to eat.

For instance, I can eat just 2 or 3 bites of rice, then I'm done eating - TOTALLY DONE!

I can eat several bites of mashed potatos, or, even several bites of a cheese enchilada.

chicken or Steak - maybe 4 bites.

Broiled Fish - 7 or 8 bites.

So, I guess I'm saying you can probably eat just about anything - it just depends how much you'd like to eat at that particular meal.

Once you over-do it - you'll know it!!

Good luck!

Guest abs-of-steel

I seem to have the most trouble with doughy bread. Like sandwich bread or the bottom part of pizza under the toppings. I also have trouble with shrimp. Even if I chew the heck out of it. And I love shrimp. :thumbup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches