Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not so cool as a cucumber.. pretty scared now!

Two words describe how I am feeling this morning.. "OH CRAP" I have repeated said phrase over and over.. under my breath!... ... I have been as cool as a cucumber about my 'procedure'.. really not nervous at all.. and hardly thinking about it actually.. THEN I woke up this morning and started to feel really anxious... saying silly things in my head to myself.. "ok.. last day of eating what I want without thinking (well aside from sensible pre op choices)... last day of bathing in the tub for a while, last day of swimming in the pool for a while... last day to sleep without discomfort for god knows how long??'.... EEEEKKKKKK

I know the pros outweigh the cons by a long shot!! and I hope that I can add

'last day at 109kg!!!"... so I am looking forward to it aswell.. BUT BUT BUT .

...I have woken up and feel so nervous now!!!!!!...it isn't really the pain I am worried about either.. just the whole change in lifestyle!... and hoping I can handle it without drawing too much attention to myself!..

It is like.. "go to sleep feeling perfectly ok.. wake up!.. and have this THING to concentrate on!".. What will it feel like??.. How is it going to affect my daily life (aside from eating).. am I going to have to think about it being there all day long OR worse. am I going to forget it is there and boom block up the stoma with a piece of something... ???..

anyway.. GOOD LUCK 17'S.. BRING IT ON 18 !!!... I MAY BE NERVOUS BUT I AM AS READY AS I WILL EVER BE!!!

Thanks for letting me vent a bit!!! ha..will be ok... will be ok...

QUIVERING WRECK..

am in school right now.. kids on a break.. and all I can think about is tomorrow afternoon!.. May decide not to work in the morning???.. or should I? to keep my mind off of it??.. oh heck.. haha

Just ignore me!.. Just as well none of you can see me right now.. I am walking back and forth forgetting what I went into rooms to pick up.. forgetting what I called someone for!.. distracted somewhat!..

ok.. going now!..

Kizzie

Well I don't know what to tell you to ease your mind. But I felt the exact same way before I had mine. Up to the point I was on the operating table thinking "ok if you wanna back out do it now". But one week out I can tell you those fears kindof calm down a bit. I won't say I feel 100% terrific, cause I'm still doing the whole liquid thing, and that part sucks. But you will get through it and you will feel better and better everyday. I have yet to hear one person say they regret getting their band so I have faith that on the other side of "post-op" I will love mine as well. Good luck to you tomorrow!

Take a deep breath and smile!

Your life is going to just get better!

The changes after surgery are slow and you will recover quicker than you expect.

Know there will be some hard times, but for the most part things will get easier with each passing day!

Know that there are about 270 people checking on you each day on this web site thread!

And most of all know that God is in your corner!

Thanks!!

I AM BREATHING DEEPLY!!.. I am actually deliriously nervous!! .. I am EXCITED and NERVOUS and APPREHENSIVE..all in one!..

A friend (not close ) offered to come and stay with my overnight.. but I had to politely decline.. I am not nervous in that sense.. I won't do anything silly.. or cry.. but I do wish to go through this VERY personal experience alone..and wake up with my new friend .. this needs transition time and I really don't need someone else there asking every five minutes how I am !...

Going to get the overnight bag packed.. pj's, toothbrush/paste, change of undies, lipbalm and ipod... DONE.. not too much.

Would be nice to have some family here right now though.. kind of sucks that part..

hey ho.. will be over sooner than I think..

THANK THE LORD FOR THIS SITE!!!!...

Cathy you are amazing!.. I love reading your daily countdowns for everyone!.. now it is MY TURN!!!!..never thought it would be!

CHEERS!

Kizzie...things will be fine. Just try to calm yourself. Wising you luck tomorrow. It will be good to have it behind you. You will be in my prayers tomorrow along with all the other 18th people.

I am getting done today. I leave for the hospital in about an hour. Just keeping busy doing housework, etc. and just focusing on the end result. Loves and hugs

Believe me you are not the only one going through that feeling. :tongue:

Like CathyChatts said, there are many of us "Jazzy Junes" who are or will be going through it also and there is TONS of support on the boards. :lol:

I too have my "freak out" moments, I'm scheduled for the 20th, Friday. When I was shopping with my daughter this past weekend and saw all the beautiful summer clothes and the thought of being able to wear tank tops, shorts (without the long shirts hiding the rear), and a bathing suit without covering up, I just keep thinking it will be so worth it. :tt1:

Take each day as it comes and try not to think so far in advance. In time, everything will become natural to you. :thumbup: Best wishes!!

Good luck Apples!.. thank you for your kind words. I will be thinking about all of you 17's today!..

... just the start of good things!!!!have a great recovery!.. and I will 'see' you on the other side!!... so good to have this board for support!..

I am so glad I am not the only one freaking out!.. it is really hard to explain how I am SOO excited.. nervous.. apprehensive all in one!..I haven't felt even the tiniest bit nervous until today.. so I guess it is all coming out!. I will be fine tomorrow..

... I guess it would be better if I had a family member or close friend with me to vent too.. but I don't have anyone other than you guys to talk to .. so I guess this is my way of getting it out of my system!!.. freak out online!! haha.

I am planning on baby steps.. My wonderful family tell me on the phone sometimes "oooh.. think how much you will have lost by the time we see you at Christmas"... but I try not to think that far ahead.. I just want to make the changes and see day to day what will be will be!.

going for a cup of hot chamomile tea.. CALM!! ha.. and a lavender bath this evening.. mm should do it !

kizzie and all the others,

I hope everything went well for all of you. I wish you a speedy recovery and happiness with your decision to be banded.

I will be banded on the 30th and I am starting to feel all those things you described in your post kizzie. My stomach is in knots, but at the same time I am so excited.

I believe my anxiety is due to the fact my fiance doesn't want me to have this surgery. He wants me to be healthy and happy with myself, but at the same time, his insecurities are getting the best of him. He has this fear, along with making healthy changes in my life, I will want to change partners as well. I keep trying to reassure him this is not going to happen, but he is having trouble believing me.

I have all of you wonderful people here on LBT for support, but I wish he had someone to support him as well. I know it is going to take more than me telling him things will change for the better to put his mind at ease, but I don't know what. We have gone through so many things together these past 6 yrs which left us wondering at times if we belonged together. But through it all, we have made it through and are stronger for the experiences; good and bad.

I can't wait for my day to come. I think when it finally gets here I will feel much better. Right now, too many thoughts are going through my mind. I think I am worrying too much about the "what if's". I have told my kids ( 15,17, & 22)about my upcoming surgery and they are kind of like, "whatever you want". My mom knows and I think she is nervous too. I haven't told my dad because I don't think he would understand. My close friends at work know and I think they are divided, but for the most part happy for me.

Sorry for rambling on. I can't wait to hear about your experience.

Hi,

I am having surgery this weekend and although I kept saying I wasn't worried or nervous or anxious, I've now realized that I am all of those things. I can't seem to want to talk about anything other than the procedure. My boyfriend doesn't really want to talk about it. He was supposed to go with me at first and after I told him that I didn't mind if he was there or not, he's decided not to go. He's completely shut down on me and doesn't want to discuss the procedure. He just says it'll all be fine. Not to worry and that we'll get through it.

I am at a loss and I've realized he's actually a little insecure. It's a side of him that I've never seen and I really don't know what to do.

My family is now freaking me out more, my mom keeps asking me if there are issues with the surgery could we sue. All these questions that I at times don't have answers for. I am a self-pay and after tons of research I am going to Mexico. I just want to stop questioning myself. I keep asking myself am I doing the right thing and almost feel ashamed that I have to go to this extent to lose this weight. I am just freaking out.

Hi,

I am having surgery this weekend and although I kept saying I wasn't worried or nervous or anxious, I've now realized that I am all of those things. I can't seem to want to talk about anything other than the procedure. My boyfriend doesn't really want to talk about it. He was supposed to go with me at first and after I told him that I didn't mind if he was there or not, he's decided not to go. He's completely shut down on me and doesn't want to discuss the procedure. He just says it'll all be fine. Not to worry and that we'll get through it.

I am at a loss and I've realized he's actually a little insecure. It's a side of him that I've never seen and I really don't know what to do.

My family is now freaking me out more, my mom keeps asking me if there are issues with the surgery could we sue. All these questions that I at times don't have answers for. I am a self-pay and after tons of research I am going to Mexico. I just want to stop questioning myself. I keep asking myself am I doing the right thing and almost feel ashamed that I have to go to this extent to lose this weight. I am just freaking out.

Hi,

I know exactly how you are feeling. My fiance is acting the same way as your boyfriend, probably worse. He went with me to all my appointments, now he doesn't want to talk about any of it. When I mention things for the future, it is almost like he doesn't expect us to be together. He thinks I am going to feel so good about myself that I am going to want to move on with my life without him.

He tries his best to make me feel ashamed of wanting to have surgery, though he is not saying it. I know all the things he says with regards to my surgery, are saying those unspoken words that tell me how much he is against this and how he thinks if I work hard, I can accomplish the same goals. He knows I will have the surgery no matter what he says and he wants to be there for me even if he doesn't agree. I hope your boyfriend will change his mind.

I am having this surgery for me. I have tried just about every diet, every pill, and have too many pieces of exercise equipment sitting around collecting dust. This isn't the quick fix, those who don't understand, try to make it seem, this is just a tool; the one I needed and you do as well. Don't look down on yourself for wanting this. This is about your health; the physical one, as well as your mental health. Be proud of yourself for finally taking a stand and doing what is right for you.

My fiance will either be here for me or he won't, but the one sure thing is, I will be healthy and around for years to come and so will you.