Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr. Benjamin Hung, Lincoln, NE

Just seeking info on Lincoln Surgical Associates in Lincoln, NE. Specifically info on self-pay, post-op care, fills etc... Any info would be appreciated

Thanks!

I had my surgery on March 25 with Dr. Hung at St. E's in Lincoln. He and his staff are the best! Everything has gone wonderfully for me. His staff is great, if ever I have had a question or concern they are readily available to help me out. I am 100 miles away but feel like they are right across the street from me. I was lucky enough to have insurance that paid for my surgery so I have no idea about self pay. They are wonderful and I felt very comfortable before my surgery and after with all the instructions I got. I recommend this group highly!

Good luck in your journey, please feel free to contact me.

imnrnbsn@yahoo.com

Julie

Juliec

I bet you are from Grand Island! Just a guess (you mentioned you were 100 miles away!) I am going in for my consult on June 27th. My husband is going with me for moral support. I am a self-pay as my BMI is on the low side, but I am so looking forward to a better life physically, emotionally, the whole nine! I am so happy to hear your glowing report! My confidence in this decision increases with each post I read! Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Hi I'm from Aurora, work in Grand Island. I just saw your post I had my first vist with Dr. Hung in May. His staff was great. Now I'm just waiting. Did you have your surgery yet? If so hows it going?

Hi I live in Aurora, work in Grand Island. I just saw your post and was wondering how everything was going. I had my first vist with Dr. Hung in May, now I'm just waiting. Boy is that hard to do.

I live in Hastings. I had my surgery with Dr. Hung in March. I am down 60 total. I have had my ups and downs, I am a little tight right now and so have a little trouble eating at times. Some things will stay down one time and not the next. I am hanging in there as it will get better as I lose more. I have lost about 10 pounds since my last fill about 6 weeks ago. All in all it has been so worth it to me. Good luck with your journey. Feel free to ask me anything! Julie

So glad to see your posts! I am going in tomorrow for my first appt. Finally got the financing issues out of the way for the most part and looking forward to losing about 75 pounds! My daughter graduates from HS this year (2009) and I soooooo don't want to be fat! Anyway my husband will be going with me to ask all the questions I don't want to know the answer to. I know all will turn out well. Hope to keep in touch!

I have already met him once. He banded my sister in 2007. You'll have to excuse me if I don't post right away; I am determined to figure out the tickerfactory thing! Have you guessed that I'm not very computer savvy? Just have to keep trying! Wish me luck!

Hi I am also a patient of Dr. Hungs. His office sent in my info to my insurance company. I have Midlands Choice. They rold my that it could take up two 30 days to hear back from them, so now I wait. Just wanted to say hello, it was nice to see someone else that was from my area. Good Luck with everything.

I also have midlands choice, they do take their time when it is so hard to be patient. I found the name of the contact person there and contacted her and when I talked with her asked when I could expect an answer and when it would be okay to check with her on the progress of my claim. It was worth it I think to keep in touch in a very nice way to keep your claim on their mind but not bugging so much they hid it. Good luck!

Hello to all of you. Friday I finally was approved through Midlands Choice!!! My surgery is scheduled for May 18th and I am estatic! I'm from Hastings and I have a few more appts to get done in Lincoln, but I've been waiting since Oct. due to the waiting period Midlands has. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous................Quite frankly, I'm not at all. I'm just plain excited to get started on my new life. I'm nearly 300lbs and I want very badly to be active again. I have two young children and I hope to keep up with them better.

Regarding Dr. Hung, I cannot say how wonderful his staff is. They've worked extremely hard for me to make this happen, and indeed they finally got me approved.

I'd love to hear more from you all regarding what to expect and how to handle my new life.

Good luck to all of you on your voyage!

Edited by belley

I thought about Angieslist or something similar to bring up how frustrating it is to rely on other doctors to fix Dr. Hung's mistakes. At present, I personally know four people who have had abdominal surgeries performed by him. Each of them know several others who have been referred to him.

Here is the problem. The four I know have had to see other doctors to (or try to) repair his mistakes.

In two of those cases, the Dr. who went in later said there was too much damage done to keep recurring hernia issues from being a life long event. The damage was done because Hung took too much healthy tissue out so that any mesh could not be attached.

Two of my friends had him perform what is called component seperation surgery. This is an intense procedure. Both women have been back to see other doctors because his work is less than stellar. Both women have had multiple surgeries. One, has been in the O.R. a total of 19 times.

One friend had issues surrounding bleeding ulcers. Having to have part of her stomach removed was the obvious resolution for Dr. Hung. The first time he went in, he didnt take enough tissue and had a leak in his sutures. On round two, he figured it would be better to remove more tissue, recuding her total stomach size to less than a walnut.

Now, this same woman has been in three times to get her hernias repaired.... Both doctors said whoever went in took too much out to attach mesh to for the hernia repairs to hold. Had Hung done as he should have, his closing technique would never had to been redone by others.

One doctor said he has gone behind Dr. Hung several times to clean up his mess. Sometimes, he has not been able to do well in that clean up process.

The best advice is choose your surgeon wisely.