Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL: how much fill in a 10cc band?

How much fill in your 10cc band? Round to the nearest number.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How much fill in your 10cc band? Round to the nearest number.

Hi all-

I have seen posts about this before but would like to put up a poll.

Please round to the closest number. Please only vote if you are close to your sweet spot or at least have good restriction- I am trying to determine the average fill to sweet spot in a 10cc band.

Edited by restrict2008

I ewas 6.7 but had to take .5 out of it. currently happy at 6.2. I plan to see how the next couple of months go then maybe tighten up a bit more.

I was at 7cc but had to have 1cc taken out because I was too tight. I've got good restriction right now, but will eventually need a little more as I lose weight, I'm sure.

I'm at 8.5cc but still not fully restricted. Hopimg another .5cc will get me there.

I have 7.5cc in my band and barely feel restriction- can eat whatever and however much i want- the NP at my doctors office looks like she doesnt believe me

is this abnormal?

do you know if they "primed" the tubing at all? congrats on your awesome weight loss!!!

I dont know for sure what that means but I do know that there was a couple cc's in there when they put it in. When I went in for my first fill they withdrew all that was in to get an accurate idea of how much is on the band as they gave me fills.

I had 5 cc's left in my band after surgery with no restriction after the two weeks following surgery. I just had my first fill today - 3 cc's for a total of 8 cc's. I'll let you know whether I am restricted or not. I can't tell yet and I'm on liquids for two days.

I have very good restriction (except for last night heh) and I'm at 6.5. If you notice the 2 individuals that posted before me that have a lot of cc's and are not too restricted don't have a BIG amount of weight to lose as others. Lighter weighted people have less fat around their actual stomach so that would make sense. Just like when we lose weight we need fills because the fat around our stomach decreases.

Edited by Alfie

that does makes some sense- i just wonder if I am not paying attn to my body closely enough- but honestly if could stop at just a subtle clue of fullness I might not have needed the band! I have never PB'd or experienced a lot of pain after eating- but on occasion i do get some mild discomfort if i have eaten too much

I'm at 8.5cc but still not fully restricted. Hopimg another .5cc will get me there.

Im glad to see this because my surgeon had me thinking I was an anomaly needing 8.5ccs to feel any restriction at all. Thanx

Im glad to see this because my surgeon had me thinking I was an anomaly needing 8.5ccs to feel any restriction at all. Thanx

Happy to help! I'm at 9cc now but my restriction hasn't changed all that much. I am definitely not hungry but I can eat heaps for a bandster. I can eat 2 pieces of toast for Breakfast, no problem. My dr said if I can eat bread so easily then I'm not restricted enough. I'm going for a barium meal next week to make sure the band is okay.

please keep us updated!

Unfortunately the reason I have felt no restriction is because I have a slipped band. I haven't seen my dr yet but the xray dr said that it had slipped slightly. I'm not sure what that means for me until I talk to my dr but I assume they will need to go in again. As you can imagine, I'm not very happy about that. At least I know now and can move forward, whichever direction that is. :lol: