Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need support!

Ok, so I was banded April 2nd and the weight loss has been slow but any loss is good before restriction so I can get over it...however, I was in a car accident a week and a half ago and I also am under a lot of stress at my job as well. I had some minor injuries from the accident but my car was totaled. It was the other persons fault and before yesterday his insurance was being very helpful. The bottom line is I have to replace my car with very little money and they haven't given me a check yet and they are not going to extend my rental etc, etc, etc! The point is the stress is getting the best of me and I'm eating like a PIG! I was doing so good and now I'm resorting back to my old patterns! Someone please help me with some kind, encouraging words. I'm telling on my behaviors in attempt to get back on track! Our secrets keep us sick! :)

Ok, so I was banded April 2nd and the weight loss has been slow but any loss is good before restriction so I can get over it...however, I was in a car accident a week and a half ago and I also am under a lot of stress at my job as well. I had some minor injuries from the accident but my car was totaled. It was the other persons fault and before yesterday his insurance was being very helpful. The bottom line is I have to replace my car with very little money and they haven't given me a check yet and they are not going to extend my rental etc, etc, etc! The point is the stress is getting the best of me and I'm eating like a PIG! I was doing so good and now I'm resorting back to my old patterns! Someone please help me with some kind, encouraging words. I'm telling on my behaviors in attempt to get back on track! Our secrets keep us sick! :smile2:

Kat, don't let this minor setback impact your goals! You are doing so well - you just focus on the important thing at the moment - the fact that you are ok. It is just a car and we all know insurance companies are horrible to deal with.:sad: They are like the IRS. You keep your smile on your face and focus on the important things in your life. As for letting it stress you out and eating a little more, remember the band is a tool not a perfect tool, but a tool. Try and focus on the positive things you have changed over the last couple of months and that should get you back on track. Either that or go run around the block a couple times and release some energey - that always works for me. :)

I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now, but the important thing is to remember it is temporary. The band and your lifestyle change are for the rest of your life. It was a long term decision, not a short term one. Remember that. :crying:

Good luck and keep positive.

We are there with you!

Florida Girl

Kat...Take a deep cleansing breath! You are doing an awesome job just by realizing that you need the help!

I was banded Feb 10 ,2006 on March 19, 2006 my husband was diagnosed with Cancer....my stress level hit mach 9!! The things that kept me going were these....

I kept reminding myself that life is real, things happen and sometimes those things are messy and ugly. All we can do is move forward and eating everything that isn't bolted down is not going to make it all better.

If I felt like losing my mind (aka...eating everything in sight) I would do one of the following...

walk around the block real quick

drink a bunch of Water

allow myself a small snack that was ok (100 calorie pack etc) if I was hungry

turn up some music that made me want to dance

turn on some music that made me mellow

Put a pillow over my face and scream as loud as I could

Find those things that you can do that don't involve icky foods. Also stick to your guns! I learned from personal experience that one "this cookie won't matter" leads to two...then three...see a pattern here?

Your doing great keep up the great work and don't let the jerks get you down!!

U know what things happen that we can't control... U couldn't control being hit by someone, but u can control what u put in your mouth... U have to be the captain of your ship u can't put the ship on auto pilot and expect it to take u where u want to go..... food is not your buddy, it's not a pal, or a lover.. it's fuel and that's it... Just like gas is for your car... you don't see people bringing in gas cans sitting them in the living room, or playing cards with them, or when they feel bad going to get more gas just for the hell of it..... because the sole purpose is for it to get u from a to b and to c as well, if u put too much gas in your car it will spill out and guess what u have just wasted your money.. If u eat too much u might throw up, and if u don't it will stick to your butt...if it can't come out it will definately stay in, and cause us to gain weight.. Not to be hard on you or anything, but u have to face the stress head on and say u are not going to allow it to get the best of u.. U control the situation don't allow it to control u....U can do it, and just because u slipped dosent mean u can't get up and dust your sholder off and stay in the fight....cause u can...:cursing: