Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Covington La Bands

hey nanaislosingit......in case im not around on tue....i wanted to say right now good luck.....i have my dr appt on 7/23 please keep us up on how it goes....im sooooooo curious i cant seem to get enough info....lol..my sis says im obsessed....guess shes probably right...

shelly311, Yes we do kinda feel obsessed with it all because it is so much to learn at one time and just being nervous about it all. I am excited but getting a little nervous but I know things will be great. I really like my doctor, his staff and the hospital staff. They are all great. I wish you the best at your appt.

Emily,

Your surgery date is the 16th? How long before that did you start all your testing and appointments and stuff??

nanaislosingit,

How did your process go as for your appointments, testing, scheduling surgery date, etc. ?

hi plevy,

I can't believe we met at the hospital what are the chances of that happening? I will keep you in my prayers too, let's stay in touch after surgery see ya

Emily,

Your surgery date is the 16th? How long before that did you start all your testing and appointments and stuff??

well I started my process in Dec 07 it took so long because my ins required the 6 month diet. If you dont need a 6 month diet you can get everything done in a week. I had all my test ran on the 9th. :unsure: I am soooo excited about my surgery!!!

Thanks for the response! Congratulations! I'm hoping to have it on Thursday August 28th so I will hopefully only have to take off of work the Thursday and Friday because the following Monday is Labor Day.

AngelWhispers - I am self pay and that moves very quickly. I started by going to the Seminar on June 3, met with the surgeon on June 5, met with my primary care physician on June 13 for approval and blood work and got my surgery date on June 20 (July 16), and went to my pre opt appt., my surgeon's second appt and class on June 30. Will be so glad when my surgery July 16th is here. I wish you all the best.

hey nana......just wanted to let u know my dr appt got moved to TODAY!!! and i was able to do my lab work while i was there.....so the ball is finally rolling for me.....good luck 2 morrow.....

Hi VirginiaAnn--

Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you today and had you in my prayers, hoping everything went OK. I met with Dr. Thomas today and everything is set for Thursday. I got my Golden Key today (as he called it) for surgery. Will contact you after Thursday. Keep your chin up. Should get better everyday for you now.:embaressed_smile:

plevy, isn't it exciting the closer it gets. I talked with virginiaann earlier and she is doing great but I'm sure you will hear from her soon. I did well on the two week diet but this Clear Liquids did not do good for me. Hope all goes well Thursday and you are in my prayers.

very excited for my surgery tomorrow :embaressed_smile: tomorrow starts a new life as my cousin who already has the band says :huh2:

emily111, congrats that the 16th is finally here. Mine is the 16th too and I can't wait. Glad the clear liquid is over. lol Will remember you in my prayers too. Lets get back in touch after surgery. Good Luck.

I am so excited, can't wait. Nanaislosingit and Emily111 good luck to both of you tomorrow. So glad VirginiaAnn is doing well. What did you both have today for a clear liquid diet. I'm at a loss as to what I can have tomorrow. I wasn't going to eat anything to much. My prayers will be with both of you tomorrow. We will all ahve to keep in touch afterwards. I already met VirginiaAnn by accident when we were going for our preops, but maybe one day in the future we can all meet somewhere. Til then we have the internet. Again best of luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you both.:embaressed_smile: