Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do if you need to eat in the morning with medication but are too tight?

So I was wondering about this the other day, I've read numerous accounts of people who don't eat in the morning because there too tight but I have a dilemna, I'm currently on medication that has to be taken with food or directly after, I can't swallow tablets with food and I usually take them plus all my others and then eat Breakfast so I was just wondering what anyone does? I'm not banded at the moment so I don't have to worry about it straight away but I'm wondering what to do once I am banded. Thanks

So I was wondering about this the other day, I've read numerous accounts of people who don't eat in the morning because there too tight but I have a dilemna, I'm currently on medication that has to be taken with food or directly after, I can't swallow tablets with food and I usually take them plus all my others and then eat breakfast so I was just wondering what anyone does? I'm not banded at the moment so I don't have to worry about it straight away but I'm wondering what to do once I am banded. Thanks

what about taking it with a little milk? I have a blood pressure med that I have to take with food or milk, and milk has been just fine after the band.

I guess I could definetly do that, it's also hard with the certain types of medication as well because 2 of them I have to take with something other than Water otherwise they feel like they get stuck so I dunno I suppose because milk is dairy and stuff it would definetly help and be easier than taking my meds and then eating - Thanks I'm definetly going to have to try that =)

I usually drink a Protein Shake in the mornings and take breaks between taking my pills. I've been taking 1 at home and then taking the rest to work so I can space them out. If I try to take them all together they get stuck which is very uncomfortable. I didn't have to do it this way until after my 2nd fill.

In the mornings I always drink a couple glasses of Water to open the band to take medicine or before food. It opens the band so your pills or food passes thru easier!

-Dawn (Minnesota) :incazzato:

One of the first things you might want to do is to check with your doc and see if the meds come in liquid form. Then it won't matter much, just drink it with milk.

Otherwise, I'm not sure if you are that tight how to get the pills down, if you have a lot of them. Crush them and eat in applesauce, if they are crushable.

Sarah, be sure to mention this to your Dr. I spoke with my surgeon about my medications, because I have to take a handful of meds, and his first suggestion was to talk with my primary care provider. My pcp spoke with my pharmacist and they came up with meds that are smaller and easier to take. I was even given a liquid med for the first month or so after surgery. This helped until I knew what I could or could not handle. Some of my meds say to take with food and my Dr. told me that a cracker or two will be sufficient. So, check with your Dr. They are usually very helpful

Good luck.