Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new buddy in virginia?

Hi everyone I am totally new to everything I will be attending a seminar tommrrow. I would love to find a buddy that is starting out as well to kinda go through things together. I am nervous that there will not be many people at the seminar. I will feel akward if there is only a few of us. The doctor I am going to be seeing works at martha jefferson in charlottesvile.

I also am just a newbie, my date is 7/22/08 in juarez mexico. because I am a self pay and it's more affordable there. But I will help you anyway I can. This is a great website for any questions or concerns you might have, alot of good people willing to help and suport you if needed. They have eased my nerves a time or two. :)

Oh! I forgot to tell you i'm in VA. too.:)

Hi autumnleaf and kimaly. I'm new, and from VA too. I'm from Richmond. I'm at the very first stage of the process. I went to a seminar last week, and I'm going to another one nextweek presented by a different surgical group. I'm both excited and scared about the process. I guess that's pretty normal.

What did you think of the seminar you attended autumnleaf?

Best of luck to you, kimaly, on your upcoming surgery.

Thanks Kiz, Nice to know people so close are in the same boat, I hate sailing alone (LOL) It makes it alot easier with people to talk to that have the same fears and hope that you do, Hubby is great, but think you just can't quite get it unless you've been there :incazzato:

I am new and from VA as well. I live in Yorktown and I'm havng surgery June 25th at Sentara Careplex in Hampton. I would love to have others to offer and receive support. I have about 115 lbs to lost. I start my pre op diet on the 11th. Good luck everyone. I look forward to blogging with you.:incazzato:

Hey DJ, your not to far from me, I'm in windsor. We go to yorktown to eat (of coarse) ribs at the county grill. Guess I won't go there any time soon. oh well, I'm only 3 days ahead of you and I have 100 lbs to lose. I'll let you know how the surgery goes.

Oh yes, Kimaly, I know the County Grill. LOL I also know about where Windsor is... near Suffolk. Did you begin your pre op diet yet? Where are you having your surgery?

My seminar went great. About 15 people were there. a lot of the information I felt like I already knew from surfing the web and my own research. He did bring up a new lap band I was not aware of . I loved I was able to meet the surgen that will be doing the procedure. He is really big on following up and being informed on all of your medical needs which I think is important. I filled out a form and sent it back in for him to determin if I am qualified. I know I am. I just hope the insurance dosent have me hoping through hoop's. They told me on the phone the doctor had to call the mangement group and tell them it was medical necessary. The doctor did say from seminar to surgery usually takes 3 months. I was like yup right before the holidays LOLI dont mind 3 months 6 months is a bit much but I would do it if I have to . Just what ever it takes.

hello to everyone,i just got banded on june 5, in Tijuana, wow,what an experience.just got home last night!!!good luck to everyone with the upcoming pre-op diets and surgery.:)

dj, I'm starting my pre-op diet the last week in june. my surgery is in Juarez Mexico with DR.Rod I'm a self pay, my hubby wanted me to have it here but I have faith in them, I'm more afraid of flying by myself then anything.

Autum, glad you got so much info, Hope it all goes smooth for you. Don't worry to much about hoop jumping it will be worth it in the long run.

I'm really glad to hear your seminar was very positive, autumnleaf. Hopefully, since you already know you're qualified, things move quickly for you.

Please keep me posted. I was considering Dr. Rodriguez as well. I am not sure if I will use him, but please please keep me posted.

Everyone, I am in Maryland close to D.C. so I am somewhat close to some of you, please keep me updated on all of your progress. I am still doing my research about which Dr. to use in Mexico