Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All, i've been reading a few posts and am glad i have found a UK forum.

I had my band fitting on Saturday. I'm still very tender but the wind has to be the worse, i'm drinking lots of peppermint tea to try and shift it, so far feels abit better than yesterday. Finally managed to sleep for 7 hours last night, cant get used to sleeping on my back.

Yeaterday I managed to have a cuppasoup and about a quarter of a slimfast, Because i feel sore and bloated I cant tell whether i'm hungry or not. Anyone else have this trouble at first?

I weighed in boots on Friday and I was 24st 1lb, i'll keep you all updated on my progress, I hope to make alot of friends on here, and share this journey.

I have PCOS which is a huge reason I got banded, because me and my husband want children, but after 8 years of trying this seemed like my only option, as diets have never worked for me. I tried on the NHS but was refused as "it wasn't considered an emergency intervention"

So I looked into other options, I looked at the hospital group, but couldn't afford that so found Why Go Abroad, which pretty much is the hospital group, same hosp same surgeons but 4k cheaper.

I have gone on haven't I! Loads of love, luck and success to you all

Jules

xxx

:)

Hi JULES!

Welcome to the forum, ive not been on her long myself but i have gotten great support from other members. I haven't had the band fitted yet, i am trying through the nhs and am waiting on a letter to see the surgoen. But from doing some research, even if i am accepted i may have to wait for up to three years. Im not prepared to wait that long so depending how how long the process takes i will be going private, sooner rather than later.

Hows the pain? Does it really hurt, i hear people get alot of shoulder pain because of the gas in the stomach.

Wish you all the best in your weight loss, let us know how you get on xxx

Hi All, i've been reading a few posts and am glad i have found a UK forum.

I had my band fitting on Saturday. I'm still very tender but the wind has to be the worse, i'm drinking lots of peppermint tea to try and shift it, so far feels abit better than yesterday. Finally managed to sleep for 7 hours last night, cant get used to sleeping on my back.

Yeaterday I managed to have a cuppasoup and about a quarter of a slimfast, Because i feel sore and bloated I cant tell whether i'm hungry or not. Anyone else have this trouble at first?

I weighed in boots on Friday and I was 24st 1lb, i'll keep you all updated on my progress, I hope to make alot of friends on here, and share this journey.

I have PCOS which is a huge reason I got banded, because me and my husband want children, but after 8 years of trying this seemed like my only option, as diets have never worked for me. I tried on the NHS but was refused as "it wasn't considered an emergency intervention"

So I looked into other options, I looked at the hospital group, but couldn't afford that so found Why Go Abroad, which pretty much is the hospital group, same hosp same surgeons but 4k cheaper.

I have gone on haven't I! Loads of love, luck and success to you all

Jules

xxx

:)

Hi GG, yeah 3yrs is a long time to wait on the NHS. I ended up getting a loan out to pay for my surgery, went with Tescos loans and only have to pay 6.8% APR so its quite cheap compared to other loan companies.

I wouldn't say the pain is too much. its more soreness and aching than pain. Its only my second day out of surgery and i managed to pop to the shops today, went to boots and found some liquid Multivitamins.

But the shoulder pain from the gas is the worst part of it. Its surprising how quickly you'll get up and start walking around etc...

Good luck and i hope things work out for you.

Jules

xxxxxxx

Hi

Im trying to apply for a loan at the mo, but my credit is lets just say "not great". But another reason why i want to wait is that it gives me the time to save up, if i do end up going private. Day 2 and already out to the shops, your doing really well.

How are you finding sticking to the liquid diet?

Welcome to the forum... I only joined last week too. I am getting banded on the NHS luckily, on the 13th June so I am on my liver shrinking countdown. Glad to hear it all went well for you.

Just checking to see if my ticker works :eek: I cant wait to see the lb's coming off.

This liquid diet is really hard, cant wait to eat mashed food!

Hi spabes, well done on getting banded, I hope that pain in the shoulder subsides soon. Im not banded yet im in a simuler situation to gg2007 ( btw Hi GG ) but hoping to get it done by the end of july/August just trying to save the pennys lol......

Hi!!

Dont worry hun, we will get there eventually, its the penny's that makes the pounds, then hopefully those pounds will turn into £1,000's lol

Where are you getting your surgery done?

Hi spabes, well done on getting banded, I hope that pain in the shoulder subsides soon. Im not banded yet im in a simuler situation to gg2007 ( btw Hi GG ) but hoping to get it done by the end of july/August just trying to save the pennys lol......

Hi spabes, glad to find you on here. I am 3 days after coming out of surgery. I went with WGA at Hosptial Group Birmingham. I can understand about the soreness and bloated, i'm not really understanding if i am full or not at the moment... I had terrible shoulder pain yesterday but today NOTHING and i've just come back from shopping at Tesco's almost back to normal, oh and i've lost 6lb already....!!!!

Hi Jules

The nurse we had at the hospital told us that the shoulder pain would only last a couple of hours. I feel like ringing her up and telling her that it's rubbish. I also think that we were cared for the same as the hospital group patients and was very glad about that. Hopefully the pain will go very soon.( it's susie) Thanks for the link to this site it's great.

Hey Susie

We were, same service apart from the aftercare and i'd rather save the money to be honest. :blink:

Hey Debbie, Susie got banded the same place and day as me, thats where we met.

Jules

:thumbup:

x

Oh thats nice, there were two ladies that i was with that i am regretting getting there numbers, but hopefully catch up with them on this forum.

How are you girls doing..? and what is your plan on getting follow up appointments and first fill etc....?? Starting to panick about where i am gonna go to get my first fill now..

Debbie xx

Well, I had a letter the other day with a check up apointment for the 2nd july. I was told at my pre op consultation that i'd be informed of my first fill, which is taking place in cardiff, (so not too far away) and then i'll have to make any future appointments from there.

Hope that helps. If you worried give your patient care co-ordinator a call :thumbup:

Jules

xx